I had to wash the front of my truck & windshield yesterday because of LOVE BUGS!! :wiz: :( :argh:

They are back & they are early!! I haven't been to the Fort in about 2 weeks, so I don't know if they are there. Maybe the Busman can elucidate us on that.

My BFF's son (now 34) called them "Yuk Bugs" when he was a toddler.  He had it right & the name has forever stuck in our families!!

Maybe the Busman can elucidate us on that.

Saw a pair on the bus windshield yesterday, but that was it, so it's still ok for now.

How long do they last there? Will they still be around for the second week in May or will they be traded for yellow flies!? :banana:

What the heck is a love bug??

These are love bugs doing what they do best, before they destroy the paint on your vehicle!

lovebugs-772304.jpg

They are very attracted to car fumes. Once they hit your car it is as if they are glued to it. Even if you use a hose and wash them off, part of them remains stuck.

These are love bugs doing what they do best, before they destroy the paint on your vehicle!

lovebugs-772304.jpg

They are very attracted to car fumes. Once they hit your car it is as if they are glued to it. Even if you use a hose and wash them off, part of them remains stuck.

Well now they sure do sound like a pain in the butt.  Are they around all summer or just spring?

lovebugs-772304.jpg

Well now they sure do sound like a pain in the butt.  Are they around all summer or just spring?

They usually visit in May and August, for about 4-6 weeks each visit.  They have no known purpose as, even birds and reptiles won't eat them.  They don't bite or sting, just very annoying and will ruin the front end paint job of a car in no time!

lovebugs-772304.jpg

They usually visit in May and August, for about 4-6 weeks each visit.  They have no known purpose as, even birds and reptiles won't eat them.  They don't bite or sting, just very annoying and will ruin the front end paint job of a car in no time!

For some reason their "guts" are VERY corrosive to paint!!

lovebugs-772304.jpg

For some reason their "guts" are VERY corrosive to paint!!

Well after the work out they had it's no wonder. Yes I "touched" that one :rofl2:

It's always amazed me that they can fly "like that!"

Guess if your "horny" enough anything's possible.  :rofl2:

Then how do you explain the Great Horny Toad?  If it's so great, and so horny, why is it endangered?  :rofl2:

apparently it hasn't been horny enough lately :rofl2: