Anyone planning on canceling a Nov '17 date ?

Hello friends,
    We camp about once a year at Fort Wilderness in our 35+ ft travel trailer.... DH, myself,  our 17 y.o. triplets and our 75 pound Golden Retriever.  For the first time ever, we decided to spend Thanksgiving week at Disney.  I began the process in January 2017 of trying to book Fort Wilderness reservations.  NOTHING for the full 10 days.  So, I began piecing a vacation together.  Checking online 5 & 6 times (maybe more) a day for openings.  And, yes, I have Jason helping me, too, as he is our TA.  We've been able to secure all but 2 days.  November 20, 2017 and November 24th.  I was just sure something would pop up by now. :( I was getting all full-hookup (except the 25th - we settled for premium)  but at this point I will take whatever we can get at Fort Wilderness.  Our entire trip is to arrive at Disney Nov 17 and depart Nov 27.  I was excited to read that Disney is allowing dogs to stay in select resorts but the cheapest our family of 5 could swing would be $240 ish a night!  That is way out of our price range.  So, any advice ?  Anyone planning on canceling one of the Fort Wilderness nights I need ?  Any other suggestions ?  I know that the likelihood of a cancellation popping up is greater as the days get closer, but this is stressing me to pieces!:wacko:  I just want it done and taken care of so I can concentrate on other aspects of our Disney vacation.  Plus, we REALLY don't want to interrupt our camping trip by having to leave property for 1 night here and 1 night there to stay in some campground nearby (if they even have availability!).
Thank you for any help!

Mitzi

The other thing to keep in mind and I don't say this to kill any hope but when you cancel a reservation it does not automatically go back into the available pool. They tend to gather them up and if and when they decide there is enough they release a bunch at once. I haven't given up hope yet though. 

Gwen, I'm sorry to read that you may have to cancel.  I know that must be a disappointment to you.  

Jason, I thought that might be a big possibility that Disney wouldn't put a cancellation back into the pool.  So, I was wondering if someone on here coordinates with me and we call Disney together and I take over the reservation being canceled (or rather just the days I need).  Is that possible ?

46 minutes ago, Mamma_Eagle said:

Gwen, I'm sorry to read that you may have to cancel.  I know that must be a disappointment to you.  

We are more than disappointed.   We are devastated.  This was to be our first month-long trip.  We've waited 13 months for it. Now it appears that we'll have to wait at least another 12 months.  We are part of the "sandwich generation."  And it's no fun.  But life could be worse.   

52 minutes ago, Mamma_Eagle said:

Jason, I thought that might be a big possibility that Disney wouldn't put a cancellation back into the pool.  So, I was wondering if someone on here coordinates with me and we call Disney together and I take over the reservation being canceled (or rather just the days I need).  Is that possible ?

Disney wont change the lead guest on a reservation. 

15 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Come on Jason. Your the man!  

Is there some way to add Mitzi to Gwen’s rezzie?  So she can check in instead of Gwen?

I dont have Gwen's reservation and I dont swap everyone but the lead guest out on a reservation even if it was mine as there is always the possibility they will require the lead guest to at least come to the front desk at some point. Others in the past have played the game of messing with reservations and things have not ended well. I will continue working on it the safest way possible for Mitzi. 

1 hour ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

We are more than disappointed.   We are devastated.  This was to be our first month-long trip.  We've waited 13 months for it. Now it appears that we'll have to wait at least another 12 months.  We are part of the "sandwich generation."  And it's no fun.  But life could be worse.   

I know about being in the sandwich generation.  I really am sorry.  I've been there.  (((hugs)))

1 hour ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I dont have Gwen's reservation and I dont swap everyone but the lead guest out on a reservation even if it was mine as there is always the possibility they will require the lead guest to at least come to the front desk at some point. Others in the past have played the game of messing with reservations and things have not ended well. I will continue working on it the safest way possible for Mitzi. 

Dang.  To many rules. 

But your still the man!

On 10/24/2017 at 7:43 PM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Oh Gwen... I"m so sorry to hear this. I know how much you were looking forward to the trip.  We will miss you ....

• 2 weeks later...

Do what I did when I couldn't get Thanksgiving and the day after when booking the week back in October 2016.  Cancel the reservation, sell the RV and tell Disney to stick it. This worked out well for me.