Anyone other than me having a problem with stink bugs in the camper? Last summer they were really bad and every time we opened the camper, I had at least 10 bugs I was cleaning out. Even though we have a brand new camper, I noticed on our last trip they a few had gotten in there.

What can be done to avoid the dreaded stink bugs?

You can thank Allentown, PA for importing the stink bugs from the Orient. Just one of the many fine things we are famous for.

for those of you who have slides look under the flap of carpet that is inside.. we found at least 40 in each small slide and over 100 in the big one just under that carpet last august when we were camping at a state park. We were wondering how they were getting in the camper and hubby decided to look under the slide from the inside and saw the mass stink bugs under all the slides crawling in. Needless to say we left and came home and used raid fumigator and then of course we had a massive clean up and de-stink. I thank the lord that the smell did not stay!

Is this a northern thing? I just find palmetto bugs, ants and the occasional wasp, fly, bee, yellow fly in my MH. :rofl2:

I also live in the tropics... :rofl2:

Thet aren't in Michigan, or if they are, not in my area. We have stink beetles but hav e never seen them in the house or MH ???

Is this a northern thing? I just find palmetto bugs, ants and the occasional wasp, fly, bee, yellow fly in my MH. :rofl2:

STINK BUGS SUCK!!!! :argh:

Not a darn thing you can do to get rid of them either. We had them up in Allentown PA and for the first few years here in NC we were stink bug free.....now they are everywhere!!! Nothing kills them and they are starting to research the damage they are doing on the local agricultural industry. I don't smell them, but my kids swear they do. Flush flush flush!! :flush: the stink bugs!

Tell me you haven't seen one of these, Jen:

220px-Nezara_viridula16.jpg

That is the Southern Green Stink Bug which ... lives in tropical and subtropical regions.

Or how about this guy:

CoriedMX.jpg

which isn't really a Stink Bug, but is commonly referred to as a Squash Bug down here. Squash one, and you WILL find out how much they can stink! :rofl2: pun totally intended :rofl2:

Tell me you haven't seen one of these, Jen:

220px-Nezara_viridula16.jpg

That is the Southern Green Stink Bug which ... lives in tropical and subtropical regions.

Or how about this guy:

CoriedMX.jpg

which isn't really a Stink Bug, but is commonly referred to as a Squash Bug down here. Squash one, and you WILL find out how much they can stink! :rofl2: pun totally intended :rofl2:

The Squash bug is what we cqall a Stink Beetle in Michigan. They have never been a problem here. The only time I ever saw one was when my kids had to do a bug collection for science class. I had to look it up to find out just what kind of bug they had caught :rofl2:

I have always installed a central vacuum system in any home we own as Natasha sheds a small dog every two days or so. I have found that this is the perfect system for removing the bugs (there is no getting rid of them). The central system vents to the outside so no stink smell in the house and all the bugs are gone. Every few weeks I spray some Raid in the Vac hose and wait a day. Then it is time to empty out a few pounds of dead bugs.