Bouncingtiggers In Ogunquit, Me

Our first trip of 2011 was three days in Ogunquit, ME for Memorial Day weekend. We arrived at 9:30 Thursday night & went to our favorite site. The only problem was the new camper is 4ft longer so it was a bit tight, but we fit. Friday morning we woke up to a heavy fog & decided to head to the Foot Bridge Beach anyway. Thank goodness we did because it was a great beach day. It was about 80 degrees & there was nobody around. I think because of the fog.

P5278523.jpg

P5278522.jpg

P5278493.jpg

HOLY COW 55 degree water is cold!!!

P5278509.jpg

On of my favorite pics.

P5278521.jpg

Saturday we decided to look for Bald Head Cliff as Magicbus had suggested. The only problem was we couldn't figure out how to get down there. So I'll have to get some direction from Magicbus for the next trip. After that we headed to the Nubble Light House which is just beautiful. I wish I could live there.

P5288550.jpg

P5288549.jpg

Crazy seagull that was not afraid of people or cars.

P5288561.jpg

This is my favorite pic. Brother & sister actually getting along.

P5288558.jpg

After that we head back to spend some time at that camper. Notice the fiends sign for all to see. That side of our site is seen by everyone coming thru the campground. Snarky is a real attention getter as he caught the attention of many people.

P5288564.jpg

Here is super dog. This was her first camping trip & she did awesome. Never made a peep & was admired by all who had yapping dogs.

Sunday I didn't take any pics but we went mini golfing & got ice cream. Then headed home a day early to beat the Memorial Day traffic.

Oh, my old stomping grounds! I lived in Portsmouth, NH for 12 years and have been to Ogunquit and Nubble Light many times. I bagged groceries at the Pease AFB Commissary (those who have been in the military will understand)and when the Keeper of the Nubble Light would come in, we had to take special care of their groceries. They had a pully system with a basket of some type to carry their groceries from the parking lot, across the rocks and water to their house (you can see it on the left hand side of the first lighthouse pic). We had to put an extra grocery bag down over the top of each bag so those pesky sea gulls wouldn't steal the food before it made it to the house. The gulls are particularly fond of bread.

The water up that way is always cold. I think it got up to maybe 74 in the summer.

Make sure you stop at Kittery Trading Post (Kittery Maine)if you have time.

I hope you find a good local shrimp/clam hut. One of my favorite meals ever is the fried baby shrimp plate at Newicks in Dover Point, between Portsmouth and Dover.

Enjoy.

Thanks a lot, now I'm home sick.

Nice pics anyway, especially the one of the kids and the light house.

IMO, a foggy day on the Maine coast beats a sunny day on the Florida coast any day.

N.E. is lovely. We were 20 minutes from the ocean and 45 minutes to the nearest ski resort; but, it can be really COLD!!!! I remember wearing by ski parka to the July 4th fireworks at Prescott Park in Portmouth. I also remember 20 below zero with 40-50 MPH winds off the ocean. BRRRRR!

Once your body goes numb all is good. :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Exactly right!!

Growing up at N.E. beaches, you learn this VERY quickly. Pretty sure I never swam in 70+ degree ocean water until I was an adult... and that was in Florida. ;)

Love the pics! My BIL/SIL actually got married right there at Nubble Light almost a year ago. It was a gorgeous ceremony right at sunset and many of their wedding pics are out there on those rocks.

LOVE the coast of Maine. DH and I frequently just load up the car and head north, staying along the coastal roads winding in and out of all those little coastal towns. :heart:

What campground did you stay at?

Glad you had a good time!! 55 degree water..........NO SPANK YOU! I can't even get in my pool yet, and it's 76! :rolleyes:

Definitely save that pic of the kids for the days when they can't stand to even be in the same room together! ;)

Thanks for sharing!