We Mooched Off Of Donnie

Yea we got Donnie back good at Stone Mountain <_< All kidding aside, he was a great host, he even gave us his bed - but I already told him that Rich & I will only give him the couch.

We all like to kid him (it's sooo easy) but if it wasn't for him Rich and Matt & I (even my Niece used his couch) would have stayed home.

So Thank You Donnie !!!

We had a great time, trip started out we left late surprise, surprise. Left here 9pm Thurs night, we were going to meet up with Donnie, but he left early and us late, twain didn't meet up.

We drove to about 3am and Rich decided he wanted to pack it in. Well it was a holiday weekend, 1 hotel was booked, next 3 were no pets, we forgot because we haven't traveled with a pet without the MH. The ones that did take him wanted $100 for 3 hrs. So they found a Econo hole!! I walked in and gagged. Well we went on until we got to Stoned Mtn. @ 6am. Problem was I put Stn Mtn Ga in my GPS and Matt followed all the turns and we pulled in to this little town with a train stop and it said you have reached your destination, I was like where the Hell is the MTN??? Well I forgot to put in Stn Mtn Park. so we went around in circles. Pulled in the CG found Carol's site (ours was full) parked the car and went to sleep. To old for this. Woke up unloaded the Golf Cart (which we towed behind the car, and got crappy gas milage, by the time we got done with the hitch and the 16mpg we could have taken the MH, but I proved my point and since I wouldn't stay in a hotel, Rich has promised not to go on a road trip again without the MH :banana: )

Anyway we got to met Kate (polkadotsuitcase) what a sweetheart, wish you could have spent more time with us!!! Glad u made it home safe, I think I read you had a flat tire?'

Then We got to meet Kim and H, Gabe and little H, it was like we have know each other all our lives, but was glad to finally meet them in person. Then we got to watch everyone check in. Donnie who got lost around the park, need to buy him a new GPS - he almost got Matt, Annie and him killed with that thing. TNBob & Mrs. TNBob. Dave and Christy (not Cindy) and all FIVE wonderful daughters. Of course we all fell in love with Anna, what a happy child and she loved every one of us. A true Fiend.

Camping Cristy, MicknMin and their families, Total Joker and Missy, Live4FW. Then on Sat Auburn Jen & Chris and my adopted Grandson. Then the topping on the cake Doodle and Mike. Also had a cousin come over that I hadn't seen in 30 years and our Niece and Nephew. I hardly made it out of the CG, just to go to Wally World 2x and the lazer light show.

Had so much food we could have fed the whole CG ( I know Donnie you think I always do). It is always great getting together with Fiends and can't wait for the next time. I have said it before and I will say it again we are so lucky to have found all of you.

We all had such a wonderful time, my belly hurts from laughing.

Till the next time. :heart:

It was truly a wonderful and memorable gathering. Lorna, it was such a pleasure to finally meet you in person, as well as Rich and Matt. I'm sorry you had to stay with Donnie but at least he didn't try to kill you with that 3 wheeled golf cart. :rofl2: I can't wait to see you all again at Thanksgiving time! :banana: My main regret from this trip is not spending even MORE time with some of you...it seemed the weekend went by so fast. I would have loved more time visiting with everyone. Wish Doodle could have been around in the evening for some food and laughter. Wish Kate could have snagged a site for the rest of the weekend. Wish kids didn't get tired and we could have pulled an all nighter! Wish my stomach had room for just a bit more food. Ah well...there's always next time.

It was truly a wonderful and memorable gathering. Lorna, it was such a pleasure to finally meet you in person, as well as Rich and Matt. I'm sorry you had to stay with Donnie but at least he didn't try to kill you with that 3 wheeled golf cart. :rofl2: I can't wait to see you all again at Thanksgiving time! :banana: My main regret from this trip is not spending even MORE time with some of you...it seemed the weekend went by so fast. I would have loved more time visiting with everyone. Wish Doodle could have been around in the evening for some food and laughter. Wish Kate could have snagged a site for the rest of the weekend. Wish kids didn't get tired and we could have pulled an all nighter! Wish my stomach had room for just a bit more food. Ah well...there's always next time.

Your WISH list is as long as mine, Dave :rofl2: I wish you were going at halloween instead of Thanksgiving, I still haven't met It's not Cindy :'(

Wow! an actual TR from you Lorna!? AWESOME!!! You're so right.. it was like we've known ya'll forever! We enjoyed spending time with you and Rich! Gabe didn't hold back on showing the love either did he? :rofl2: Looking forward to the 4th and Master's week for Rich's driveway camping. :banana: So glad we have such a great Fiend community. Feels like Ohana... in the family sense, not the Dave sense. ;)

All the way home, I was lamenting that I didn't get on board sooner to snag a site for the whole weekend (I'd initially thought it was too close to hubby's fishing tournament/camping trip) -- I'm definitely wising up for next year! So here's a Public Service Announcement: If you're trying to decide whether or not to join the Stoned Mountain gang next year -- DO IT!!

The little time we had, I *really* enjoyed getting to meet everyone (still bummed I missed some of you, though...). I'd love to hear what everyone thought of the lasershow, especially those of you who had seen the earlier versions.

And yep, we had a little bit of tire trouble on the way home:

anybodygotabandaid.jpg

Fortunately, we were very close to a quiet exit (on I-95! Who knew they existed?!), and could safely pull off and change it. My kiddos were a great pit crew!

Kate

I am glad everyone is trying to make this happen again. There's nothing like sharing time with you guys. My daughter took just about every pic we had and that shows me she enjoyed it. Nothing like good memories with our extended famdamily. I know how TCD feels with his twins gwtting older. I feel like time is running out with Annie and this weekend was a really special one to remember.

I see Lornas Bitch even joined the board! Welcome Richie!

And for those who don't know, it was Richie who suggested the whole Stone Mountain Grand Gathering!

I am glad everyone is trying to make this happen again. There's nothing like sharing time with you guys. My daughter took just about every pic we had and that shows me she enjoyed it. Nothing like good memories with our extended famdamily. I know how TCD feels with his twins gwtting older. I feel like time is running out with Annie and this weekend was a really special one to remember.

My girl is only 21 months and i feel like time is running out. I just hope as she grows up that she knows me and her mom will always be there for her.

Lorna - I enjoyed the part of your report that said "my stomach still hurts from laughing so much" (or something to that effect). Girl...you NEEDED a weekend of laughter. Just what the doctor ordered!

Donnie - Thanks for taking care of the Aaron's! They needed to be at SM this past weekend! :heart:

Great funny Trip Report Lorna. It was absolutely great to meet you Rich and Matt.

Rich, take me up on the offer, you would be more than welcomed. :D