How Many Camping Trips Are You Planning For The Summer?

most of our summer is going to be camping!! woo hoo!!

GETTYSBURG GBR - from 6/9 till 6/21

Home from June 21 & 22

RVACATION - 6/23

PECAN PARK - 6/24

FORT WILDERNESS 6/25 till 6/29

DAYTONA SPEEDWAY LAKE LLYOD 6/29 till 7/3

SHERWOOD FOREST RESORT 7/3 till 7/5 <---- may change

RVACATION - 7/5

SHENANDOAH CROSSINGS - 7/6

Home for July 7th & 8th

GETTYSBURG GBR - 7/9 TILL 7/22

Home for July 23 thu July 28th

GETTYSBURG GBR - 7/29 THU 8/11

Home from Aug 11th & 12TH

OCEAN LAKES - 8/13 TILL 8/22

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heading to Gettysburg's for Fathers Day weekend. Will be heading to Cape May sometime in August and want to try Lake Kandle too. May try to get to Knoebles.

We usually go at lease 4 times a year.

Wheels need to roll once a month minimum for us. In May we went to Gamble Rogers SP on the beach, June we head to Manatee Springs SP for cool 72 degree water, July we head up to GA to Unicoi SP to go tubing in the river, and then to Henderson Beach SP based on TCD's trip reports while dd is at Marine Science 4H camp in Destin, then August we go to nearby Kelly Park/Rock Springs for more cool spring water and tubing, then Labor Day to Salt Springs with the NE FL camping club for a summer reunion.

We tend to camp every month without fail. MH costs too much to sit still.

Wheels need to roll once a month minimum for us. In May we went to Gamble Rogers SP on the beach, June we head to Manatee Springs SP for cool 72 degree water, July we head up to GA to Unicoi SP to go tubing in the river, and then to Henderson Beach SP based on TCD's trip reports while dd is at Marine Science 4H camp in Destin, then August we go to nearby Kelly Park/Rock Springs for more cool spring water and tubing, then Labor Day to Salt Springs with the NE FL camping club for a summer reunion.

We tend to camp every month without fail. MH costs too much to sit still.

I used to follow the NE FL camping club, never got to camp with them, have you? They do get together a lot, but mostly north and that is hard for us on a 2 day weekend. Didn't u used to tent camp? or am I thinking of someone else???

That is an amazing schedule - Im so jealous!

well with hubby getting the promotion in feb this year it opened the door for more trips with him being able to take vacation when he wants and way more money too! Keep in mind while we are in gettysburg hubby does go back and forth to work. Yes we all do feel very lucky to be able to enjoy camping as much as we can.

We will be at Oak Creek Campground in Bowmansville Pa near Maple Grove Dragway.

Best campground in the Lancaster area is Lake in Wood Resort, bar none! Its also in the Bowmansville area. Large private themed campground with many amenities. Our family's favorite until we go to the Fort next week of course! :banana:

Best campground in the Lancaster area is Lake in Wood Resort, bar none! Its also in the Bowmansville area. Large private themed campground with many amenities. Our family's favorite until we go to the Fort next week of course! :banana:

I have heard both good and bad on Lake in Woods, Out of the 3 in that area we like Oak Creek for us sites are very roomy and easy to get in, we get along great with the owners and they treat are group very well. We have never tried Lake in Woods so I can not comment on it either way, just what I've read, maybe we will give it a try someday. We are not to fond of Sun Valley, not a bad place we just do not seem to like it there.

We are currently in our "off season". AKA working hard all summer so we can play later. Come winter we will head to Florida and spend a week at Sebastian Inlet State Park, St. Lucie South COE park in Stuart Fl. for 12 days. We've never been to either of these campgrounds---Anyone have any experience with them? Christmas will find us in Fort Myers. Planning to celebrate the New Year at the Fort. Head back north sometime in March.

We stayed in that area in Feb. We stayed at Longpoint Campground, just a mile or so down the road from Sebastian Inlet. Longpoint is a county campground. Anyway, we went to the State Park to fish and let the kiddos play in the Atlantic. We drove through Sebastian Inlet's campground and were really disappointed. We have always wanted to stay there, and I have to say that Longpoint is way nicer!!! You might want to check them out - they do have waterfront sites also. I posted pictures of our site in the "pics from other campground" section.

I forgot to add our summer trips!

July 4th weekend at Ft. Desoto

August 26th (my birthday) through September 3 at the Fort!!! We will be there for my birthday, my husband's birthday (the 31st) and dd's 5th birthday on (Sept. 1).

Then we will be back to the Fort for one night for Night of Joy :)

Rest of the year:

October at Ft. Desoto

Thanksgiving at the Fort

New Years at Ft. Desoto

We try and get out every other weekend (my weekends off) with a few week long or longer trips through out the summer.

So far we only have two booked - Jellystone in PA over the 4th of July weekend and Hammonasset Beach state park the week of August 22nd. We did have two fort trips booked - one over halloween and another over Christmas but those have to be postponed because of the baby :)

which Jellystone? We will be at the one in Tunkhannock. Jay the owner puts on an awesome fireworks display that puts many of the municiple displays to shame.

its okay but not a wow factor there they have a lot of sites in the woods that you gotta go on lots of turns to get to the site that are mostly all up hill never again with a 38ft trailer.

A weekend end of June at FW as a base for Kennedy Space Center, a weekend in July and again in August at FW and a week in October.

Hey when in August are you going to be there? We will be there from the 14th to the 25th.

Our Schedule for the year:

March went to Normandy Farms as soon as enough snow melted so that I could move the Motorhome

Went to Outdoor world in Sturbridge, MA in April and May.

Went to Point Sebago on Memorial Day

Ogunquit this weekend at Dixon's Family Campground

Johnson KOA on Cape Cod (My mothers Driveway) for the 4th of July

somewhere in mid july

THE FORT in August

Point Sebago again in September

Somewhere in October.

This was a year we cut back on Travel!!! :blink:

Dan

March went to Normandy Farms as soon as enough snow melted so that I could move the Motorhome

Went to Outdoor world in Sturbridge, MA in April and May.

Dan

I have been looking into Normandy Farms. Kind of pricey, but looks like a prime campground.

Also have been looking into some places near Sturbridge. Ever stay at Pine Acres?

I used to follow the NE FL camping club, never got to camp with them, have you? They do get together a lot, but mostly north and that is hard for us on a 2 day weekend. Didn't u used to tent camp? or am I thinking of someone else???

We have camped with them once at Salt Springs last year for Labor Day. Until last fall they did not plan too far ahead but with a suggestion from me and a few others they are planning 4-5 planned in advance trips a year, which makes it easier for us to get together with them. They are a fun group and love to eat! Good food all weekend. Read their webpage for what they did for an annual trip at Stephen Foster SP.

We only tent camped once as a family. That is what convinced my dh to go the RV route with real bed and bath!

I tired to get ressie. for Manatee Springs for the Scouts but never got anyone to answer or a reply. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong??

We have not camped there before, is it nice??

We just got back last weekend. Water was COLD! but we loved it. There is a lot you can do there as well. Canoe/kayaking, fishing, bring your own boat (they have a real nice dock area on St Johns), hiking, scuba diving, snorkeling. We camped in the Hickory loop this time which I liked better than Magnolia because most of Magnolia is a single lane track and I was worried about meeting another vehicle driving in since there is no place to pull over to get by. Hickory is a one way loop so no problems there. It is also a little closer to the spring head.

For personal use you can use ReserveAmerica but I believe for groups you have to call.

We are going to Desoto State park in July, skipping August, (too darn hot), then Fort Mountain state park for Labor Day on Sept., want to go somewhere for October school beak, just haven't decided, and then end the year out in Pigeon Forge for Thanksgiving and go to Dollywood for Smoky Mountain Christmas. :wacko: We love it!

I have been looking into Normandy Farms. Kind of pricey, but looks like a prime campground.

Also have been looking into some places near Sturbridge. Ever stay at Pine Acres?

No I have only every stayed at outdoor world in Sturbridge. I do that in the beginning of the season because its close and open. Other wise I tend to travel further.

Dan