Mini Day Trip to the World

We just finished a major project at work and it had to be delivered to the customer in Orlando. We missed the Fedex delivery time on Friday night (oh darn) so it had to be hand delivered on Monday morning :-)

I got to go!!

So just to make sure it got there, they scheduled me on a flight on Saturday night. (If that flight didn't make it, I was to drive it down on Sunday).

The flights made it, so I had Sunday to play!!

I made it to all four parks and took a few random pictures!!

All I can say is it was HOT and Star Wars weekends are too nuts for me!!

I didn't make it over to the Fort, but I did happen to run into some old friends on Main Street while watching the Dapper Dans. Had a couple of nice meals with just a walk in.

Monday morning was up bright and early and drove over to the other side of Orlando to our office there, boxed up the books and CDs, and delivered. Then I was also able to spend a couple hours at Epcot Monday afternoon, then back to the airport!!

Here are the pics!!

IMG_20110613_130203.jpg

IMG_20110612_223150.jpg

The current state of the Fantasyland Skyway

IMG_20110612_122228.jpg

Haunted Mansion Queue

IMG_20110612_120034.jpg

IMG_20110612_115846.jpg

IMG_20110612_114709.jpg

Chewbacca

IMG_20110612_094723.jpg

IMG_20110612_090451.jpg

IMG_20110612_090433.jpg

IMG_20110612_085352.jpg

Themed Airtran Plane

IMG_20110611_163234.jpg

I discovered I'm TERRIBLE at finding my car in the parking lots!!! Looking for a Black Mazda 5 in a sea of asphalt, Blech!!! I finally learned to text my location (including counting how many cars from the end) to my

DH. No problems after that.

That's all folks!! I only had my phone camera, and I've discovered that using a Droid for a full time phone, social media, camera, and what not, SUCKS the battery dry in only a few hours. I guess I need to get a spare battery and offline charger.

Oh, and just a note from about 8:45am till 11:30 pm on SundayI did the following:

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

Toy Story Mania

Star Tours (I LIKE the new one!! The old one the simulator had gotten a bit "off" from the film and made me ill. The new one is synced perfectly!!

MAGIC KINGDOM

Haunted Mansion

Carousel of Progress

Dapper Dans

ANIMAL KINGDOM

Rainforest Cafe for Lunch

Expedition Everest - Single Rider

Back to hotel to recharge the electronics and myself

EPCOT

Soarin

Dinner at Chefs De France

Illuminations during dinner

Fountain of Nations

MAGIC KINGDOM

End of Wishes from the Monorail

Magic, Memories....

Pirates

Main Street Electrical Parade

Dole Whip Float

Monday - 11:15 - 2:00

EPCOT

Lunch at Living Seas

Captain EO

Test Track Single Rider

Jammitors

Fountain of Nations

I honestly didn't feel like it was that much. Just kindof wandered around, hit my favorite attractions, wandered some more. If you'll notice, there were really only 7 attractions in 16 hours. Spent lots of time just sitting in the shade people watching. Spent lots of time watching the fountain dance.

I was also back at my offsite hotel for 3 hours in the middle of the afternoon.

The only aggravation was the Toy Story Mania line was a lot longer than I wanted. I got to the turnstyles at 8:30 expecting to do the "rope drop march" straight to Toy Story and be out of the ride by 9:15, but apparently the crowds for Star Wars weekends were so large, they had to open the turnstyles early cause the entrance lines were all the way back to the parking lot. So at 8:40 I walked straight through a turnstyle and found a 40 minute wait on Toy Story.

It was just pure bliss to have an entire day with NO responsibilities and no schedule!!!!

Thanks for the great, short report.

Do you go solo very often?

There are times I wish I could just go off for the whole day alone. Being the vacation planner for the family, I'm always trying to please everyone, including me. ;) The last time we went, we all split up for the last couple of hours in MK and I must say, it was so nice to just do what I wanted to do. I do love my family, but sometimes they can be trying.....

If only we lived closer, so we could go more often.

Thanks again for writing the trip report. The more, the better. :popcorn:

Thanks for the great, short report.

Do you go solo very often?

There are times I wish I could just go off for the whole day alone. Being the vacation planner for the family, I'm always trying to please everyone, including me. ;) The last time we went, we all split up for the last couple of hours in MK and I must say, it was so nice to just do what I wanted to do. I do love my family, but sometimes they can be trying.....

If only we lived closer, so we could go more often.

Thanks again for writing the trip report. The more, the better. :popcorn:

I used to go solo a lot more than I do now. Rick had very little vacation time, and work literally wore him out, so Disney was not a whole lot of fun. But now he's retired (on disability, there was a reason work was wearing him out). he can get all the rest he needs, and can enjoy our time at Disney and can come more often.

However, I do generally get to go down there one or two times a year for work, and always manage a day or two by myself.

Also, when we are together on trips, I often get up really early and do Early Morning attractions, then meet Rick back at the camper in time to go to late breakfast at Trails End.