Bouncingtiggers @ Blood Pond

Well actually we stayed at Mountain Lake Campground in Lancaster, NH. This place was beautiful & is the only place sitting on a 30 acre lake called Blood Pond. To get there we had to drive to other side of NH's White Mountains & into the Great North Woods. I had never been this far north in NH & it was beautiful. There are some ridiculous mountains roads to climb once off the highway. There are multiple 13% & 14% grades which I had never experienced before. I know the Rockies are way bigger, but I haven't been there yet either. Once there we couldn't believe how beautiful it was. We only stayed for two nights but I wish we stayed longer. Check out some of the pics of this place & Santa's Village which I'll post soon. Oh & take notice of the awesome Musket Mickey I ordered from Jen. She really does do top notch work.

I've always wanted a site with views like this. These pics are all from our site. :banana: :banana:

CG78-03.jpg

CG78-05.jpg

CG78-07.jpg

CG78-02.jpg

CG78-04.jpg

CG78-17.jpg

These are various ones from around the campground.

CG78-18.jpg

CG78-15.jpg

CG78-09.jpg

CG78-08.jpg

They actually have real log cabins unlike the fort. To bad Disney can't get some of these.

CG78-11.jpg

You can even rent a Tipi that has four twin beds.

CG78-10.jpg

They have a Yurt too. I was thinking what the heck is a Yurt & why is it so ugly scratch.gif. But the inside has a full bed & bunks.

CG78-12.jpg

There is a really nice walking path into the forest which had some nice flowers. It also had a million mosquitos, all which took a bite. It's an odd feeling being alone in an enormous forest after seeing all the bear pamphlets in the office.

CG78-14.jpg

CG78-13.jpg

That campground looks just beautiful, Steve. What view you had, if it weren't for the mosquitoes it would be like heaven. By the way your Musket Mickey looks pretty sweet. :banana:

Yeah the view was amazing. I've always wanted a campsite overlooking a lake with no signs of man disturbing the natural beauty.

What a gorgeous place. There is nothing like looking at the water to bring you peace! Your kids are adorable.

Thanks, but they weren't so adorable once they were over tired from a day of santa's village.

Wow!

What a view!

Spectacular!

Thanks for sharing this and the rest of your photos!

It looks like you had a great time.

TCD

Yeah we did have a great time Thanks TCD

That is an awesome view out of that bunk end! How was the camper did it meet your expectations?

The view was great. The only thing better was sitting there at night only hearing the loons in the distance.

The new camper exceedes our expectations so far. You never told me how well the 23B tows though. I forgot some

things on the counter & they never moved an inch over 2 1/2 hours of towing. My other camper would have tossed them

on the floor for sure.

Steve, I'm so happy that you like your new camper. What a way to break it in! I could lay in that bunk all day with that view.........even IF I was alone ;)

Thanks for sharing your trip, though I was a bit concerned that you went to "Blood Pond" That name sure doesn't scream relaxing, family campground! :lol:

Steve, I'm so happy that you like your new camper. What a way to break it in! I could lay in that bunk all day with that view.........even IF I was alone ;)

Thanks for sharing your trip, though I was a bit concerned that you went to "Blood Pond" That name sure doesn't scream relaxing, family campground! :lol:

I thought the same thing about the name. Great things could be done at Halloween. :rofl2:

These are pictures from Santa's Village which is open until christmas. This is a very nice clean park & the themeing was done wonderfully.

SantasVillage-03.jpg

SantasVillage-01.jpg

SantasVillage-06.jpg

SantasVillage-05.jpg

SantasVillage-10.jpg

This was the beginning of a neat little game where the kids find elves around the park & get a prize.

SantasVillage-11.jpg

SantasVillage-04.jpg

Santa's List

SantasVillage-13.jpg

Oh and the big guy himself.

SantasVillage-12.jpg

I don't know of any other amusement park which has an actual chapel. Actually one that even shows religion at all.

SantasVillage-19.jpg

SantasVillage-17.jpg

SantasVillage-16.jpg

SantasVillage-18.jpg

Looks like a fantastic campground - any photos of the roads on the way to the lake or were both hands on the wheel with white knuckles? Wondering if I could tow the Outback into that area.

Love the photos of Santa's Village, one of those places that I always wanted to get to, never did, and now that my kids are in Middle School or older I will probably have to wait for grandchildren.

Looks like a fantastic campground - any photos of the roads on the way to the lake or were both hands on the wheel with white knuckles? Wondering if I could tow the Outback into that area.

Love the photos of Santa's Village, one of those places that I always wanted to get to, never did, and now that my kids are in Middle School or older I will probably have to wait for grandchildren.

Sorry I don't have any pictures of the roads. They are all easy roads to travel & luckly there are no narrow winding ones. I didn't have any white knuckle experiences. I had an OH CRAP moment just as one road went from 50 to 30 as it dropped down the mountain & into a corner, but nothing serious. If you decide to bring your Outback there are great pull thru sites right behind where I took these pics. The fire pits face the lake & have the view below. You could always take them to Six Gun City which is right down the road.

CG78-16.jpg

Wow! Looks like some great family memories were made right there. I feel a song coming on, Paul Anka singing "These are the times of your life." Beautiful Campground, very majestic. The children are beyond

precious. Thanks so much for an awesome Trip Report. :D