First Drop in the Bucket…at the Fort May 2011

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if you found out that you only had a few years to make memories with those you love… and you could go anywhere to start on this extremely urgent and important task… where would you go? where would yo

I like the jungle cruise early in the morning because all the animals are out.

Enjoying your TR!

We have done a 3 generation trip to the Fort for the past 2 years and loved every minute of it. Having rented a scooter for Grammy, I completely agree it is the only way to go!!!

BTW, we are neighbors; we live in Seymour. Might have to get together sometime?!?!

Ready for the next installment...

Loving your report!

And not to go off on a scooter tangent, but does anyone else find the irony in one of the largest scooter rental companies in Orlando being named "Walker Scooter Rental"?

Dave, since you're family and all, I thought I'd answer this for you. (Not to metnion, it appears everyone is ignoring your wit.) Yes, yes, I do find it ironic that one of the largest scooter rental companies in Orlando is called "Walker Scooter Rental."

much…much more to come of this trip report…..that was just the first day!

I just spent two nights without electricity….Knoxville got hit hard a couple of nights ago….

there is a power pole down a few houses down the street….no one has done anything with it yet….

enjoying? a little McDonalds wifi right now….between charging the iphone in my truck….

Seymour is spitting distance!

Walker Scooters….actually don't won't to think about that one….after the scooter….comes the walker….

I like the jungle cruise early in the morning because all the animals are out.

:rofl2: :rofl2:

Sorry, Dave, missed the Walker Scooter comment, here's a couple for you, too

:rofl2: :rofl2:

Enjoying the TR! Hope your power got restarted quickly!!!

okay…lets try that again….

so, I left the kids sleeping…and I went looping!

but, first I went to try out the shopping…since we are in the 100 loop, its just a few feet to the Trading Post…

what? no FW merchandise? What's Up With That? Disney….are you reading this?

after all these years of wanting to come to FW and no doo dads to buy?….no Musket Mickey anything?

no spare tire cover?

no train to ride?

oh well….mounted up on the scooter and rode out the few feet to the lake….sorry no pictures…it was just too overwhelming…YES!

I rode over to the Trails End to see about getting a cup of coffee to continue my looping….

but, I was tempted…my arm was twisted…I gave in…

I had the breakfast buffet….what a treat….gourmet! Everything was perfect…even the bill….it was perfectly insane! Not for those on a budget with a ton of kids….

then I mounted up again and went looking for fiends….

so, I cruised around all morning on my scooter…went by the pool…and the big Trading Post…

checked out the Canoes…we will come back to the Canoes later in the trip….and fishing poles…

what would a Grandpa story be without a boat and fishing pole?

so…I came back to site 109 and woke them up!…they told me it was the strategy….that EMH was 3 am later that day!

so we strategized and prepared for a full day at MK again….starting around 4pm or so…

I knew I wasn't going to be able to keep up with this crew…

so….next up…..day two at MK….

and all Alexis is talking about is Thunder Mountain Railroad….after all of the Princesses...

and young Jedi is eagerly awaiting his first solo ride on Space Mountain…

and I am secretly plotting taking them on Canoes and Fishing….

and Peach Cobbler...

• 3 weeks later...