At the Fort it really makes no difference as there is not a dedicated line either at the drive through windows or inside.

The only time I use it is when someone besides myself is arriving first. The online checkin gets the balance paid on the account and gets my credit card on file. Then that person can just pickup keys and enjoy their day. (For example, my DH drove down with the camper, and I flew in later). Doing online checkin made his arrival easier.

We did online checkin for the first time this past November. We still went through the regular checkin lanes. Biggest advantage to me was that we got through the process in about 5 minutes!

We also got one of our requested sites, but I'm not sure one has anything to do with the other.

I dont know if it was just for memorial day, but they were doing a designated lane for online check ins on friday. They were using the furthest lane to the left for online checkins only. Of course this might have just been for the one day, or one weekend but they did have a designated lane

When we checked in on 6/19 there was also a sign directing people who did online check in to one of the left lanes. We didn't have an RV, so we didn't use that. When we got inside, the far right station was online check in and it had its own queue.

They had a designated lane for Online Check-In when we came a few weeks ago. Technically we didn't do the online process, but might as well have. We called at 2pm and pulled into FW at 4pm. Since we had to pay for the night when we booked, we were all paid up. The CM flagged us to use the Online Check In lane, and we were in and out in less than 5 minutes as well. I'll def use the online check in again when we go back in a few weeks. Just saves time (and sometimes my sanity when it comes to fussy kids in the backseat of the truck)

I will pile on and agree that because of the way on-line check-in is handled at the Fort, there is no real benefit to it.

On my last arrival, we arrived at a busy time. One of the check-in lanes was designated for on-line check in arrivals, but the security guard told me to get in that lane, even thought I told him I had not done on-line check in. There were two guests ahead of me. The guest who was at the window took a very long time to check in. Part of it was because they rented a golf cart. The second guest's check-in went a bit quicker. Then, when I pulled up, there was a change in shifts, and a new castmember showed up, and I waited as she logged in to her computer. The new castmember got us checked in quick with no issues. But, by the time we were done, all of the lanes were at least five deep, including the on-line check in lane.

If they aren't going to keep a lane exclusively dedicated to on-line check ins, then what's the point? Even then, there will be folks who want to rent a golf cart, or buy tickets, or do something else besides just checking in.

Bottom line- don't bother.

TCD