My Wife Left Me....And I'm Defeated

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great report! Love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Leslie!

Looks like fun. Wish that campground was closer to Texas .

I guess that would be a long drive for a weekend. So...come for a full week!

:rofl2: Caught me off guard with this comment -- just about did a coffee spit-take. Too funny!

Thanks for the fantastic TR. Started my mornings off with a smile! Looks like a great campground, beautiful family, fun times. Bravo! :banana:

Thank you Kate...hope you didn't get coffee on your keyboard!

Great TR. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks!

Great job Dave! My only question....what are walking tacos? :blink:

Thanks for sharing. :dance: Yea, what are walking Tacos? :blink:

Walking tacos...you get individual bags of Fritos, and then each kid adds their favorite taco ingredients right to the bag, grabs a fork and eats. To make it easy, I cooked up the taco meat and then just bought pre-shredded lettuce, cheese, sour cream and salsa. And to be honest, our tacos ended up not walking cause we ate inside with plates because everything was wet from the storm. So in reality they were sitting tacos. :rofl2:

P1000929.JPG

Well now, she figured out the "beach thing" pretty fast!! Not only has she become a little "butterball", but I imagine her heart is overflowing from all the love being lavished upon her. She must feel like such a special little princess!! So tell me... has Anna started picking up on English yet?

And speaking of "kvetchy" Western NY grocery stores,,,my first full time job was at Bell's on Hopkins Rd in Amherst! Out of all the grocery stores from my childhood, Park Edge on Sheridan Dr was one of my favs! My dad would always drag me along on his shopping excursions with the promise of a real, home made kosher dill pickle from the pickle barrel at Park Edge!! Mmmmmmmm!!

P1000929.JPG

Well now, she figured out the "beach thing" pretty fast!! Not only has she become a little "butterball", but I imagine her heart is overflowing from all the love being lavished upon her. She must feel like such a special little princess!! So tell me... has Anna started picking up on English yet?

She understands a LOT of English, and is speaking a few words. Christy has been teaching her signs, and she uses at least 20 of those to communicate with us. It has eliminated a lot of the frustration she felt early on.

And speaking of "kvetchy" Western NY grocery stores,,,my first full time job was at Bell's on Hopkins Rd in Amherst! Out of all the grocery stores from my childhood, Park Edge on Sheridan Dr was one of my favs! My dad would always drag me along on his shopping excursions with the promise of a real, home made kosher dill pickle from the pickle barrel at Park Edge!! Mmmmmmmm!!

My, how times have changed. I get my kids to come along to the grocery store with the promise of a cookie. :laugh:

Great report Dave. I'm having to get up early to read all the great reports. I can't remember her name but it's not the oldest and it's not the frizzy headed one but the one who had the purplish blue shirt on makes me have nightmares. I keep having this dream about going round and round and round on a scary golf cart ride and she's driving. Not sure why this happens.

Great report Dave. I'm having to get up early to read all the great reports. I can't remember her name but it's not the oldest and it's not the frizzy headed one but the one who had the purplish blue shirt on makes me have nightmares. I keep having this dream about going round and round and round on a scary golf cart ride and she's driving. Not sure why this happens.

Tighten your lugnuts and you won't have any more golf cart nightmares. Either that, or start driving Bob's cart.

Tighten your lugnuts and you won't have any more golf cart nightmares. Either that, or start driving Bob's cart.

Oh now comes the bright ideas. If I had used Bob's cart you would still be standing there saying where the hell did they go. The cart is actually not lifted and is getting a new set of lug nuts as we speak.

Anna looks like she's adapting well. Even though Christy wasn't along you will never regret daddy daughter time. Annie and I have had the best of times camping.

And memo to Donnie: Young ladies probably would prefer not to be described in terms such as the "frizzy headed one."

Just sayin'

TCD

:rofl2: He does have a way with words doesn't he?

Yes he does.

It's a wonder the man is still single.

...or as being responsible for someone else's nightmares. :blink:

Good point.

I am sure that I have mentioned before that I grew up with four sisters, and now have three daughters and Mrs. TCD. I am a slow learner, but I have learned that ladies are a bit sensitive to certain things that men think nothing of.

TCD

Yes he does.

Good point.

I am sure that I have mentioned before that I grew up with four sisters, and now have three daughters and Mrs. TCD. I am a slow learner, but I have learned that ladies are a bit sensitive to certain things that men think nothing of.

TCD

I agree with that but there is an exception. My son does not appreciate it either. I teased him once about having his fleece sheared. He stayed mad at me for days. Of course calling him Lambert didn't go over very well either :rofl2:

Dave-

And memo to Donnie: Young ladies probably would prefer not to be described in terms such as the "frizzy headed one."

Just sayin'

TCD

oooops. sorry Dave. I knew their names up there at the GG.

Gwen

Isabel

Stella

Anna

but can't remember the other one.

Dave, Awesome trip report!

Thanks Eric! Glad you read it.

Anna looks like she's adapting well. Even though Christy wasn't along you will never regret daddy daughter time. Annie and I have had the best of times camping.

I cherish time with my girls.

Dave-

Great job on this trip report.

But, I am puzzled about your title.

When did you get defeated?

I see nothing but winning here.

Duh!

Winning!!

Just sayin'

TCD

Yeah, the play on words with Defeated Creek took away from the fact that I'm a total bitchin' rockstar from Mars. Duh!

No comment.

At least Dave didn't start this TR out with pictures of the Larry van.

I'm actually quite touched that you remember my last trip report on Voldemort. You like me, you really like me!

As a frizzy headed one myself I resemble that remark.

insert some smiley here

Frizzy headed girls of the world unite!

Good, now go buy some conditioner. :rofl2:

Ok, j/k.

I refuse to make fun of people with hair.

I'm quickly entering your camp.

...or as being responsible for someone else's nightmares. :blink:

Yeah, Donnie was full of compliments in that post, wasn't he?

Yes he does.

Again...duh!

I agree with that but there is an exception. My son does not appreciate it either. I teased him once about having his fleece sheared. He stayed mad at me for days. Of course calling him Lambert didn't go over very well either :rofl2:

:rofl2:

oooops. sorry Dave. I knew their names up there at the GG.

Gwen

Isabel

Stella

Anna

but can't remember the other one.

Duh!

Emma. It's Emma, Donnie!

Winning!

Great trip report, Dave! Thanks for taking the time to write it!

Thanks for reading, Holly!!

I'm actually quite touched that you remember my last trip report on Voldemort. You like me, you really like me!

Frizzy headed girls of the world unite!

Good, now go buy some conditioner. :rofl2:

Ok, j/k.

Conditioner is purchased by the gallon at this homestead. Gel as well.I am pretty sure there is a hole in the ozone with my name on it because of the hairspray.I see her beautiful curls and can't help but feel sorry for you and DW back in the day when she could not comb out her own knots. I bet there was some vocal objections going on.

Great report - good times!!!

Crash my family anytime! The more the merrier! Plus it drives my mom nuts when she's not the center of attention. so that makes for some fun for us kids. :rofl2:

Love the walking tacos - my Daddy used to make "Frito pie" that way. But it was just chili and shredded cheese. Nothing he would actually have to prepare - just open a can of chili. He told us that's how the pioneers did it. :rofl2: