Campingpixi @ Lake Lloyd Daytona Speedway

I would rather drink turpentine and pee on a brush fire!! :rant:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm all for Hendricks TEAM, though I prefer JJ. If Jr can win one, good for him (and the team) I just won't be holding my breath.

I think what she meant, was:

I am scared that Jr. will win, and my driver JJ is a smuck that only wins with someone pushing him from behind and blocking. :rofl2:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We payed for the fanzone tickets. They were $80 each for 3 days of access! Thank god we only had to buy them for us adults and the kids were free!!

Thanks for the info.

I about fell out of my chair when I saw the price of infield camping for the 500 :suspense: OMG! :achmed:

We will stick with 40/night at speedweekscampground in the cow pasture dry camping.

We received fanzone ticks the day of the 500 in 2010. It was nice, but no interaction with the drivers and crowded. To be expected on the day of the race. But the price was right, free. If we could go a couple days before when it should be more relaxed I think we would pay for them.

By the way, I though pets weren't allowed in the infield? Another reason we really haven't look to stay there. :unsure:

I would rather drink turpentine and pee on a brush fire!! :rant:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm all for Hendricks TEAM, though I prefer JJ. If Jr can win one, good for him (and the team) I just won't be holding my breath.

Ohh not so sure about JJ huh?? :facepalm:

You know I'm just messing with you. :rofl2:

I think what she meant, was:

I am scared that Jr. will win, and my driver JJ is a smuck that only wins with someone pushing him from behind and blocking. :rofl2:

Hey that's 5 TIME CHAMPION smuck to you lady! And of course, JJ wouldn't be where he is today without the beloved #88............... :rofl2:

Ohh not so sure about JJ huh?? :facepalm:

You know I'm just messing with you. :rofl2:

To be honest with you, I'm never sure about anyone at Daytona. Such a crap shoot. Trevor Bayne won the 500 so there's proof that you just gotta be at the right place at the right time.

Regardless of who wins, you will not EVER see me sporting a Jr. avatar! ;)

Hey that's 5 TIME CHAMPION smuck to you lady! And of course, JJ wouldn't be where he is today without the beloved #88............... :rofl2:

To be honest with you, I'm never sure about anyone at Daytona. Such a crap shoot. Trevor Bayne won the 500 so there's proof that you just gotta be at the right place at the right time.

Regardless of who wins, you will not EVER see me sporting a Jr. avatar! ;)

IF/WHEN the Snark Ferry comes back, I am bribing him/her/it!!!!!! :siren:

I may have to provide incentive to the Auburns to make this happen!

Tony will never miss the money, my mad accounting skills will finally come in handy! :siren:

I have the same speed shirt as your hubby! By the way, who does your hubby pull for?

Awesome! I'm so jealous!

It looked like it would be 2X for the 500, maybe we will look into the 400 too.

Only thing I've got to say is that your kids have really great parents. You are exposing them to the camping lifestyle early on and enjoying numerous family trips. Not to sure about the NASCAR exposure though.:rofl2: :rofl2:

Only thing I've got to say is that your kids have really great parents. You are exposing them to the camping lifestyle early on and enjoying numerous family trips. Not to sure about the NASCAR exposure though.:rofl2: :rofl2:

You have to take the good with the bad ... :rofl2:

I was hoping Danica would pull it off.

Me too.

What amazes me about her, besides the fact they she is really hot, is that even though she is small in stature, she is able to last as long as she does. Other and bigger women have tried big league racing, but except for one or two, had little success.

I hope she continues to do well.

Not to sure about the NASCAR exposure though.

I know you're kidding, but seriously, of the pro sporting events that I've gone to, mostly MLB and NFL, NASCAR is the only one that I wouldn't worry about taking kids to watch. NFL games being the worst. As an adult I was embarrassed to be there.

I just love all the spirited comments about nascar LOL!!

Sorry folks we had a busy week some fun some bad or lord I guess I will begin...

Pretty much the day of the cup race we had a blast we got to tour the garages and snap some pics.. we bought 2 rocking chairs for $10, 9x12 race mat for $15, 12x12 canopy for $40, and the bronze globe lights for $20 at the camping world auction they had at the track woot woot!! We got to meet Jack Roush.. he really is a stand up guy and very fan friendly!! My son andrue was invited by a pit crew guy for the #56 Martin Truex Jr to hang at the pit box while they set up and got some pics.. boy did that make his day cause he just loves the #56!!!

The race was great and I wish that Danica would have won but I am happy she did as well as she did. The Fireworks after the race were Amazing... no pun to disney but I have never seen a better show!!! The next morning we packed up and went to pecan park and were not too happy about how much the place went down hill with cracked concreate pads and more seasonal campers then anything.

On Monday we decided to go to our sister park campground (sycamore lodge) and we got there and was able to just get the camper backed in and a huge storm rolled in and the power and water went out (water pump to the campground is electric of course) thank heavens we had the generator with us!!

Tuesday we decided just to drive the rest of the way home which would have been a 7-8 hour drive. Well a tractor trailer blew a tire and kept going and hubby stopped cause he ran over the blown tread.. he saw nothing and we got back in and continued along.

not even 10 mins later a lady pulls along side us an screams your trailer is on fire :o we look back to see smoke coming from the Tire on the trailer.. We get out and use the outside shower hose to cool off the tire and realize that the tire was not on fire but the brakes were just smoking so we cooled them off thinking that okay we just need to got off at this next exit which is about 200 feet ((halifax exit off I-95N) so we could just park it at the oasis travel station till it was safe and as we pulled off and got about 16 ft the Bearing cap in the back tire blew off onto the interstate.

Long story short we find out that our trailer insurance makes us pay out of pocket for all towing and repair if we are out of state.. a load of crap in my eyes but we were able to drive to the oasis at 5mph and the nice people at the oasis allowed us to park our trailer there so we could drive around and get the parts for hubby to fix it. We went to 4 different places to get the inner and outer bearings and all the seals and crap to go with it cause we didn't know how bad the damage was. I was glad we did cause both inner and outer bearings were in several pcs rolling around and I am very surprised we even got to the oasis! It took hubby about 30 mins and only $98 to complete the job and we decided that going home that night was out of the question. So we camped down the road at Rv Resort at Carolina Crossing and it only cost $25.00 and that place was really nice for just a pull off campground!

Well the ride home was perfect and I am glad to be home but not for long cause we go to Gettysburg tomorrow for 2 weeks!! LOL

Gotta re-supply the camper now!! LOL

I will post pics when they are done being uploaded!!!

I'm not a big race fan, although I do remember going with my Granddaddy and my Daddy to the Daytona 500 a few times when I was younger. It does look like y'all had a great time! I know that must have been scary having someone tell you that your trailer was on fire and I'm glad it was nothing worse. Can't wait to hear about Gettysburg!

THERE were more Kyle pics than JJ! Just sayin...... :rofl2:

LOVE the report. :heart:

Sorry about the trailer problems. Glad ya'll are home safely for a couple of weeks.... :dance: