Spiked @ the Fort over July 4th Weekend

I don't have time to do a real trip report, but I got home (or should I say to work) yesterday @ 1:30 a little late. But while I was at the Fort I got spiked 4x THANKS TCD. I love them and have been thinking of someting special to do with them. I would love some sort of shadow box, will let everyone know when I figure it out.

We had a great time with some fiends that we already know and met some new ones this weekend. Hope to camp with some of you again. The kids had a ball and thanks to Jen had a blast with the tie dye shits that came out great. Congrats to all the winners you got some great things. The albums that were donated by the 4Brians were a work of art. I do hope you start selling them in the store, I know that once everyone sees them they will want one, I know I do. It was great meeting you and your family. The bird feeders are beautiful as well. I am sorry if I can't remember everyone that we met, but it was a pleasure meeting all of you.

I didn't do much sat and ate & talked (that's what I am good at) sat and ate, drank coffee and talked, but I came home tired, as always from a few days away. But I have to unpak and repak to leave again on Fri, wish it was to the Fort again, but I have to go to LA for my Niece's wedding. To everyone who is still at the FT. have a great time, I will miss you.

You ate and drank too much...I understand that part.

What exactly caused the" tie died shits"???

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I'm glad to hear they came out great! What a relief!

Now everyone will understand why I don't do trip reports!!!! This one was done sober, can u picture it if I had a drink :rofl2:

Good mini report Lorna! Sounds like you had fun. Eating, drinking and talking is what camping is all about, though I'm sure you have other talents! :lol:

Have fun in LA!

Sorry to hijack Lorna's thread but a quick note to TCD's inquiry about deer flies. Just returned from 8 day trip 6/18-6/26/11 and did not see one deer fly while I was there. We enjoyed our first (of many!) Fort trip in the 500 Loop and we're still recovering from the Florida heat in mid-June.

Thanks for sharing your trip report!

I was amazaed that I didn't see 1 yellow fly at first, but Bob said he saw one when he came into 1700 on Fri. Well on Sunday I was sitting by my mh and looked down to blood on my toe, low and behold I killed the little sucker, but it got me. Much to my surprise it didn't bother me all day, until I went to sleep and then my toe blew up and it itched bad (still does). But only 1 bite is not bad considering last year I ended up at the Dr. with about 15 swolen ones.

I was amazaed that I didn't see 1 yellow fly at first, but Bob said he saw one when he came into 1700 on Fri. Well on Sunday I was sitting by my mh and looked down to blood on my toe, low and behold I killed the little sucker, but it got me. Much to my surprise it didn't bother me all day, until I went to sleep and then my toe blew up and it itched bad (still does). But only 1 bite is not bad considering last year I ended up at the Dr. with about 15 swolen ones.

Oh, too bad about that one bite.

None of us saw even a single yellow fly.

This was a big change between last year and this.

I hope that means last year was just an anomaly.

We didn't see many mosquitoes either.

TCD

I saw 1 yellow fly but he didn't see me..HAH! No mosquito bites at all. In fact, hardly ant flies either. Did see one roach but heck, that ain't bad considering all the pine mulch everywhere. A fairly bug free trip compared to past trips. In fact, I must have seen the bug/fogger guy a dozen times driving around the Fort. Not sure what he was doing but maybe he was checking for bugs.