Devores 4th of July Adventure

I seem to lagging behind and there have been a few 4th TRs done allready, but, it does take a while to upload 780 photos to photobucket. If youre lucky, you may see all of them. Plus we just got home.

We will start from the top.

Star date, 30 June 2011, 1100 hours, I start breaking camp at "home" to make the long trek to the Fort. As everyone knows, Florida weather is always nice and sunny, so it was a huge suprise to me when in the middle of hitching up, the skies open up and dump liquid sunshine all over me. After waiting about an hour for it to let up, I give in and finish in the rain. Wouldnt ya know, as soon as I do the pull test, it stops.

We arrive at the Fort around 1400 and are assigned 423. We have seemed to get the 400 loop the last 3 times we have stayed at the Fort and it is really begining to grow on us. 423 was by far the easiest site I have backed into at the Fort though. No problems getting the 40 foot fiver in there and there was still room for the truck and DWs car ON THE CONCRETE PAD, so the disney popo or rangers or whatever they are called this week would not have to harass us.

While setting up, it started to drizzle, so I rushed through set up and just as I finished the important stuff (electric, water, stinky slinky) the skies opened up again and forced me inside. Once again, I waited and waited until I became impatient and finsihed set up in the rain. While I was setting up, before the rain rolled in, DW ran over to Bob's site to pick up our GC. We rented from Lorna'sBitch and he dropped the GC off a day early so we could have it as soon as we arrived.

The rain let up enough for us to run to TE to grab a GAG and make it back to the site. Other than that, it rained all afternoon. For this reason, I have no pictures from day 1.

Day 2, 1 Jul 2011

We head out to DTD for some Earl of Sandwich and shopping. Of course, the skies were growing dark and thunder could be heard in the distance, so we decide to head back early. Just as we get on the bus, the monsoon hits, again. This is shaping up to be a great weekend. We joked about renting canoes instead of a GC. It let up just as we arrived at the Fort which is good, we still had a GC ride to the furthest loop. It held off long enough to get to the site then started again.

While sitting watching the rain, we decide what better way to enjoy a rainy afternoon then with some dole whip. So we headed off to the Poly. Boat to the Contemporary then monorail to the Poly. We arrive just in time to see the tourch lighting ceremony, which worked out. The DDs have never seen this before and really enjoyd it. We then had dinner at Capt Hooks. The polynesian nachos are extremly good. If you have never had them before, you have got to try them. For dessert, dole whip. Since it was raining, I did not take my camera, sorry to deprive you of the experience and food pictures of kitties.

On our way back from the marina, we saw a disney GC cut off another GC right the walkway to the marina. The driver of the Disney GC jumped out and started yelling at the other one, a yonger looking boy. This was the famed GC stealing everyone read about. The Disney popo seperated the two and made them park off to the side while sorting out the mess.

DSC00786.jpg

You can just make out the stolen GC between the disney vehicle and disney GC to the left. The Disney GC parked behind the fence on the right of the photo is the one the owner of the tolen GC was driving when he chased him down. The OCSO showed up later and the ret of the story has been told.

Im glad Disney stepped up and took care of the situation.

By the time this happened, it was getting late, so this is the only photo from day 2.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now onto the good stuff.

Day 3, 2 Jul 2011.

Finally a sunny day. DW had to work, so I was free to loop.

First, our site, 423

DSC00788.jpg

DSC00789.jpg

I cant remember where this was, 300 or 500, but this was an ingenious way to camp.

DSC00790.jpg

It seems these folks convrted an old U haul into a camping vessel

DSC00791.jpg

I headed to the canal behind 300. I kow this is a nice place to relax and unwind, but while there, there was a guy sitting on a GC next to the canal, line in the water, and a laptop compter on the seat next to him. I felt weird taking a picture of him because he kept watching me while I was walking around. Bt it was a sight.

DSC00792.jpg

DSC00793.jpg

on my way out, this rig on 301 caught my eye

DSC00794.jpg

I like the vintage campers and the matching paint on the tow vehicle was a nice touch.

I also ran into Keylime, Kamfirekim and her DH. We chatted a bit, but I had to run back to the site. The DDs wanted to head over to the pool for the arts and crafts they had planned for the day. They made door hangers. It looked like the kits you can buy at any crafts store, but it was free for the kids to do.

DSC00797.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

After the crafts, we looped. Over on the 1700 loop, we ran into this rowdy bunch.

DSC00805.jpg

DSC00806.jpg

Not sure what they were upto, but Im sure it was no good.

Over on the 100 loop, they had the walkway to the marina blocked off

DSC00808.jpg

DSC00812.jpg

I later find our this was done to control traffic flow. They were anticipating over 600 GCs to be parked in the marina area for the 3rd and 4th.

And this guy on the 600 loop knows how to travel

DSC00811.jpg

While looping, I ran into AuburnJen and LornaDuck who were out delivering cards to the masses. They had made mention that a celebrity had just arrived at the Fort and I set out to find them. Knowing what I know about this person, I headed to the 1500 loop and sure enough, there he was, TCD. This was the first time meeting him. We cahtted for a bit and I let him get to work on setting up his site. As I came around the loop to leave, there he was, standing there, waiting for me. My mind was racing, had I offended him? Was he mad at me? I stopped and he extended his fist towards me and opened it revieling, A SPIKE.

DSC00814.jpg

DSC00815.jpg

Thank you TCD. I had come to terms that you had allready given them all out and was content with not getting one, but now I am the proud owner of Fort history.

The kids decided to play Disney Scene it and I realized, they need to learn more Disney trivia.

Afterwards, we went to the pool to watch the watermellon relay. On our way, something caught my eye. What is that?

DSC00819.jpg

Is this an elf convict? A walking barber pole?

DSC00820.jpg

Its some guy dressed in a flag costume. Full body costume. He must have been hot. I was hot in jorts and a t shirt. He dissapeared over the bridge and I wasnt able to get any specifics about this, but later, we will meet him in person.

Back over at the marina, the CMs were busy working on traffic flow

DSC00821.jpg

They were blocking off the path that leads to the old cabin.

and had a ranger posted at the walkway by the 100 loop

DSC00823.jpg

To round out the evening, we went to the campfire to play some Disney trivia. The questions were kind of bogus, and tough, and delt with chip and dale. The questions ranged from the simple (what are the differences between chip and dale) to the obscure (who did Mickey get pluto from).

One good thing was Disney once again enforced the rules. One father was using his iPhone to look up the answers, even after being told not to by CMs. The CM collecting the answer sheets saw him and tore up the sheet, not even grading it. I felt bad for the kid, but the father knew the rules and chose to break them.

We did not win, btw.

Day 4, 3 Jul 2011

Another morning of looping.

I find this display put up by some confused individuals in the 1900 loop

DSC00828.jpg

Not sure if they forgot which season it was. I know the weather rarely changes here in Florida, but they must have known it wasnt christmas.

Off to the marina, where I found this

DSC00830.jpg

Obviously the Forts traffic control didnt work too well. Had TCD tried to take his GC into a restricted area again?

DSC00831.jpg

The walkway to the 100 loop seemed to fair better

DSC00835.jpg

A few beach pics

DSC00836.jpg

DSC00837.jpg

DSC00838.jpg

The sand is ussualy nicely raked by this time of morning, but it is obvious the guy who rakes it is on vacation.

DSC00839.jpg

DSC00841.jpg

DSC00846.jpg

This is on the bridge looking toward the 600 loop. What is that yellow rope stretched acrossed the path?

DSC00848.jpg

This rope was put there by the occupants of the site next to the path. The strung it acrossed there to tie up an awning over thier site.

DSC00849.jpg

This is the bridge behind the 300 loop going to the cabin. It looks like the Fort Rangers thought of everything and blocked this off as well.

DSC00851.jpg

As well as the entrance from the 300. They were opened during the day, but roped off at night.

DSC00856.jpg

Wait a min. What is that next to the cone?

It appears to be a power post.

DSC00857.jpg

Ive never noticed this before. Was this path once a site that disney did away with? I looked for a water/sewer connection too, but never found one. It is kindof odd just sitting there like that. I never tested it to see if it worked. Anyone have a fork and want to test it?

For comparion, here is the location

DSC00860.jpg

It looks like the 2300 loop maybe getting some work done soon. Both entrance and exit had these barriers positioned at them. The loop was being used though.

DSC00862.jpg

And this guy must like Chik-fil-a

DSC00863.jpg

if you cant read it, it says contest winner below the logo. I dont remember a contest, but I dont eat too much chik-fil-a

We headed over to Jen's site for the Tye Dying for the kids. This was a great idea and applaud Jen for doing it. The kids loved thier shirts and had a great time making them. I will not post pics of this event as they include other peoples children and do not want to put pics of them up on a public forum without thier permission.

Next up, the Fiends 4th of July meal.........

Still 3 Jul 2011,

Time for the GG of fiends.

I wont bog this down with too much commentary, and if I get a name wrong or forget someone, I apoligize now. Im horrible with names and am old, so my memory is weak.

Now, on with the photos....

DSC00888.jpg

MMMMMMMMM.....we will call her Melissa and my DDs

DSC00889.jpg

TnBob cuting the ham, which is much better than cutting the cheese and Hurston

DSC00890.jpg

Hurston and KamfireKim

DSC00892.jpg

AuburnJen and Keylime and Keylime's DD

DSC00893.jpg

TnBob, KampfireKim, Hurston, Magicbus

DSC00895.jpg

Peach Cobbler

DSC00896.jpg

You can decide who is in this one

DSC00898.jpg

DSC00899.jpg

The mayor himself, well, a picture of him

DSC00900.jpg

DSC00901.jpg

DSC00902.jpg

This ones for the ladies

After filling our bellies with food, we sat around and talked. If you have read Keylime's TR, you know that we adopted her child for the evening. The kids got along so well, she actualy turned down going to the MK to stay with us.

We headed to the beach for some firework.

But I think we are at the pic limit (Chris should increase my pic count for my TRs) so we will have to continue in another installment.

But I will leave you with two final pics

DSC00906.jpg

DSC00907.jpg

Been waiting on this one. Knew you would have lots of pics! :suspense:

Am I that predictable?

Lovin it!!! Can't wait to read MORE!!!

There is still more to come, thanks for reading.

:popcorn:

:popcorn:

Ya Ya Ya Pictures

:suspense:

There are still more pics to come, keep reading along.

:popcorn: So far so great! Wow over 700 pics! That is impressive!

Ive been known to take a few pics here and there. I slacked off on this trip though, only managed 780.

Thanks, I'm enjoying your trip report!

Thanks

This a great report. I love all your pictures. Can't wait for more :banana:

Thank you

More great pictures but be careful with this guy. You'll give him a swelled head. It's good to see a picture of Lou's frontside though :rofl2: :rofl2: DSC00902.jpg

I think its too late for that....

Loving this!

Thanks

Thanks for sharing! :popcorn:

No problem. I enjoy sharing the Fort with the fiends

Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.

Nice job on the TR Dave.

At some point, will we see you and the Mrs.?

<_< Im ussualy taking the pics so there arent many of me running around. I did appear in another TR though. Some fiend managed to capture a candid photo of me. :popo: As for the Mrs, she doesnt like her pic taken either, so not many of her. But I still have 300 some photos to go, so we never know.

I thought I took of pic of Lou's backside but was wrong. I bet Kampfire Kim has one though. We want to start a new game of "name the person this behind belongs to". LOL

Loving TR Dave, couldn't you find a pic of me with my mouth closed?

DSC00902.jpg

:wub::wub::wub:

Nice report Dave. Looking forward to more pics!

Im uploading the next batch now. Hang tight, theyre comming

I thought I took of pic of Lou's backside but was wrong. I bet Kampfire Kim has one though. We want to start a new game of "name the person this behind belongs to". LOL

Loving TR Dave, couldn't you find a pic of me with my mouth closed?

I dont think there are any with your mouth closed... :rofl2: :rofl2: