TCD's Flippin' Awesome July 4 2011 Fort Trip Report!

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, Here we go. I'm going to lay out the details of the golf cart parade judging conspiracy here. Can you handle the truth? If not, don't read this post. Also, I note with interest that we have a new

OK- I have been trying to get to this all day, but was sidetracked by the hijack.

I have a little post script to my report on watching the announcement of the golf cart parade winners.

As you can see from the photos, there was a pretty good crowd gathered.

And, since we had been dropped off, and were going to be picked up, we hung back a little after the announcements were made. We were going to grab a drink, and then give my DD a call to come and pick us up in the golf cart.

As my DD and I were standing there, a young man walked up and said hello. He looked familiar, but I couldn't place him. He had a beautiful blond-haired young lady with him. I thought they might have been some of my oldest daughter's college-aged friends. Then the young man said, I'm Nick, you know, WannaBeImagineer. It was fellow fiend WBI and his fiancee! What an attractive young couple! My DD and I chatted with Nick and his fiancee. He told me how they had come up from Naples to spend the night in Wilderness Lodge, and had closed down MK at 3 am that very morning. I was very impressed. We chatted about Fort Wilderness, and Seaside, where Nick and his fiancee will be getting married later this year. It was a nice, but short visit. They are a very nice young couple. Then we parted ways.

It was great to meet you WBI!

And CP too!

TCD

Thanks Andrew it was great to meet you and your daughter too!

Sorry it was such a short visit, we didn't want to keep you too long, not to mention we were a little out of it after only 4 hours of sleep. lol We can always talk about camping, DisneyWorld, Seaside, or I guess anything but we didn't want to take up to much of your time. I can't believe you've been going to Seaside regularly for so long, has it changed much? We're hoping to make a return trip in September to finalize wedding plans, but we're not sure yet. When you were there last did you see the new deck they added to the roof top bar? Did I mention we are having our reception at Bud & Alley’s?

We'll have to catch up again next time we're camping, maybe even do some exploring!

On a side note I thought it was pretty funny that after talking we all headed up to get more soda, we had already filled those mugs a few times that day with coffee and soda, gotta love those mugs!

Thanks for the shout out in the TR and it was great meeting ya'll!

WBI

And, now back to the trip report already in progress. . .

It's still the morning of July 4th.

We have had a visit from Cousin Yuri.

And watched the golf cart parade.

And visited with WBI and the CP.

What more could a Fiend ask for?

Well, it was still early.

We headed back to base camp and had some breakfast.

My oldest DD was now awake, and we planned out our day.

There had been a possibility that Mrs. TCD was going to come over with the TCD dog, Rocky, to join us for the night. But, my oldest DD needed to be back at school by Tuesday morning. She had a test. Nice professor. She was talking about leaving early on Tuesday to get there on time. We didn't think that was a good idea. So, Mrs. TCD and I agreed that she and Rocky would stay put, and that we would suggest to our oldest that she head back this afternoon, so she would be able to get some sleep and be ready for her test. She agreed.

So, the plan was that we would hang out for a while, and my oldest would take off after lunch.

Since the girls hadn't been to the showers yet, they were interested in a trip to the pool.

That sounded good to me.

While they got ready, I hung out in back of our site.

I saw these nice folks unloading their gear for a nice day at the pool:

100_1359.jpg

100_1360.jpg

I saw this happen several times over the weekend.

People would just stop there by the bridge and unload a ton of crap, and head over to the pool.

Why would anyone with a campsite at the Fort do that?

That's the point.

How more obvious could these freeloaders be?

I wonder where all of our wonderful and helpful campground rangers were when these "guests" arrived and unloaded?

Maybe since this is OK, the rangers could help them carry their crap?

Sheez!

While I was waiting, I snapped a few more pics behind the site.

This is from the back of my site, looking toward the comfort station. That's the back of my neighbor, 1503's site. We had that site the last time we visited. I like it better than 1501. That little bit of distance from the bus stop makes a big difference:

100_1361.jpg

Here's the sign for the Meadow Recreation Area:

100_1362.jpg

While we are on that subject, why is this area called the Meadow Recreation Area? Where is the meadow? What exactly is a meadow? Is it just a field? Or some kind of special field? We'll come back to that one.

Since this was a busy weekend, there was a lot of traffic passing by for our whole trip, but I really didn't mind:

100_1363.jpg

You can see in this shot that there are a lot of clouds forming. I thought for sure we would have some rain on the 4th. But we didn't. And those clouds moved around, and gave us a break from the sun, but still let the sun shine sometimes too. This turned out to be a good thing:

100_1364.jpg

We headed to the pool some time in the late morning. I didn't bring my camera, as I knew there wouldn't be a place for me to leave it. But, I did bring my KTTW cards, as there had been reports that resort ID's were being checked at the pool. The pool was packed! Nobody was checking ID's. There were lots of folks who had clearly staked out their spots for the day. I saw a couple of kids who had white wristbands with a flag decoration on them. But it literally was only a couple of kids, and I didn't see anyone passing out wristbands. There was not a single open chair anywhere around the pool. Not even one. We had to leave our stuff on top of a trash can. We could have used a shoe horn to get a spot in the pool. We didn't stay long. But, we did manage to get a couple of trips down the slide. I decided that I would need to come back by here with my camera.

From the pool, the girls headed back to our site to go and get showers at the comfort station. I stopped by the snack bar for a root beer. I don't even like root beer very much, but I always like to get one here. So I did. Then I headed back to our site via my favorite bridge.

As I crossed the bridge, a golf cart pulled up. It was Devores and Mrs. Devores. They were out looping. We chatted for a while. We compared notes about the fireworks from last night. As you know, we had gone to the Polynesian, while Devores had stayed at the Fort. We would each be doing the opposite tonight. We talked about other things too. Then another cart came pulling up. It was H and Kampfire KIm and their boys. I hadn't met KFK yet. We had a visit right there on the side of the road. What genuinely nice folks they are! We talked briefly, but about many subjects. KFK said her mom would be around the Fort that night. I said I would love to meet the lady who saved a french fry basket and burger wrapper from the 70's. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. But, it was nice to meet you, Kim!

The clouds did a great job keeping things from getting unbearably hot, and we hung around the Fort all morning and into the afternoon. I grilled up some hot dogs for lunch, and we just pretty much Forted around. Then my oldest DD had to take off. It was mid-afternoon when she did, and it was getting hot.

So, we decided that another visit to the pool was in order. This time, I made a point to bring my camera.

The pool was still packed, without a single chair without a person or someone's crap on it:

100_1365.jpg

100_1366.jpg

100_1367.jpg

I have noticed on the past couple of visits to the Fort that the children's activities at the pool are no longer run by the lifeguards. Instead, they have these young folks with the yellow shirts running the activities:

100_1368.jpg

They have a new speaker system for these yellow shirt castmembers.

It's kind of annoying.

I miss the lifeguards.

You can see that people have overflowed off of the spacious pool deck, and had their chairs set up in the grass. That's our trash can/stuff holder there on the left:

100_1369.jpg

Here's the pool:

100_1370.jpg

So, in all of those photos I have posted so far, how many folks do you count wearing wristbands?

I looked carefully.

I see zero.

But, that's not to say there wasn't plenty of security and oversight at the pool.

In fact, we got to witness an incident in which security was involved.

And it was very interesting.

Check it out:

100_1371.jpg

You see those old guys in the white hats?

Those are the gentlemen who drive the white suv's around that are marked "Security."

Apparently, this position is reserved for men over the age of 70.

Over here to the right of the two Security men, there is a guy with a short-sleeved black shirt and Khaki pants. He apparently is the boss of the old men:

100_1372.jpg

If you look at the photo above, you can see that the guy in the black shirt is talking to a guy with a long sleeved dress shirt and dress pants. He apparently was the boss of all of the other guys here. And don't miss the guy standing under the umbrella just to the left of the two management types. It's our buddy Ranger Sean!

You can see here that all of this activity related to a dispute between two groups of guests:

100_1373.jpg

So what was this all about?

As luck would have it, Ranger Sean loves to gossip.

And he spotted me and came over to chat.

He didn't have anything better to do.

As I said, I think Sean is a nice guy and that he means well.

He told me that this whole dispute was over a chair.

Apparently, somebody moved somebody's crap off of their unoccupied chair. And the chair-saver didn't appreciate that.

So, that required five castmembers to get involved and mediate the dispute.

No body got arrested.

Or even tazed.

What a waste.

As I left this happy scene, and headed to my favorite bridge, I could see more folks unloading their crap from a Yellow Bus and heading over for the fun!:

100_1374.jpg

Yay!

Here we are looking at the back of my site from the bus stop:

100_1375.jpg

Remember that cabin person who parked on the 1500 loop tetherball court yesterday?

Well he was back today!:

100_1376.jpg

But look, today he got one of the love notes from the rangers telling him not to park there:

100_1377.jpg

That will certainly put a stop to that!

Ha!

Just as I was enjoying this small victory, I noticed that I had a love note from a Ranger too.

Two of my tires were off of the pavement.

I had better fix that. Or else!

I was ticked about this for a moment.

But then the most amazing thing happened.

A tow truck came driving in to the loop.

And hitched up that SUV, and towed it right out of there!

That was the highlight of my trip!

Finally, the Fort management did something right!

Psych!

You didn't believe that did you?

Come on now.

You know that would never happen.

Instead the folks enjoyed their day at the pool. They came back and pulled their love letter off, dumped their melted cooler water there on the ground, and loaded up and headed back to their cabin. For all I know they came back and did the same thing the next day. I don't know because our trip was over the next day.

Since I now needed to move my truck, and I was out of beer courtesy of my cousin, I figured this would be a good time for a beer run.

We loaded up and headed over to the Hess outside the MK. I love that place. We got some gas and a few things, and headed back to the Fort. I was interested to see how they were handling folks arriving late in the afternoon on the 4th. On some busy dates, they don't let folks into the parking lot unless they have resort id's or dining reservations. It didn't look like that was going on this afternoon, and the parking lot was kind of busy, but not too much.

When we got back, we headed down to the Settlement to see what was going on for the fireworks. They had this sign set up at Clementine's Beach:

100_1378.jpg

100_1379.jpg

The same sign was set up at the 100 loop. Note that the cones and tape are now gone:

100_1381.jpg

It was still hot early in the evening, and I decided to take yet another dip in the pool.

On the way over to the bridge, I got a couple more shots of the back of my site. I don't know what I was going for here, but here they are:

100_1382.jpg

100_1383.jpg

As I headed over to the pool, I noticed that there was a big kick-ball game going on. Have you ever seen that many people play kickball at once?:

100_1384.jpg

You know what?

I think that must be the meadow right there where they are playing kickball.

It looks like a field to me.

But Field Trading Post doesn't have the same ring as Meadow Trading Post, now does it?

I ran into TnBob and Kathy here. Their grandson was playing in that game. We chatted for a bit, and then I headed to the pool. It was still crowded, and I didn't stay long.

Here we are looking at 1501 from across the street:

100_1385.jpg

From here, we headed over to the 2000 loop to see if there were any wild parties going on. There weren't any.

But we did see a hippie campsite:

100_1386.jpg

And this lady burning some chicken:

100_1387.jpg

It wasn't long after this that I uncovered a major bit of information confirming that the golf cart parade judging was rigged.

I'll tell you all about it in the next update.

TCD

It wasn't long after this that I uncovered a major bit of information confirming that the golf cart parade judging was rigged.

I'll tell you all about it in the next update.

TCD

The TV networks should take lessions from you teasing a story..... :rofl2:

Forget "Who Shot JR?" its "Who rigged the judging on as the Fiends Turn" :dance:

I never saw that SUV again after you left, but we were never at the fort long so it may have come back while we were gone.

Wow, that's a lot of people at the pool. We went to Blizzard Beach that day so we didn't get to see that.

Did you see the people on the other side of the comfort station? We saw them rolling in with a full sized refrigerator. I chatted with the mom a few times in the comfort station. They were staying for 23 nights. I think I'd bring a full sized fridge, too, if I were staying that long. Next summer they are planning to stay the entire month of July.

The 4th of July party crowd in the middle of the loop are planning to make it a tradition to come back every year. They were having a family reunion. :)

Great update. :banana: Maybe they could deputize some of the Fiends and arm them with tasers at the pool, I know a few who would readily volunteer :rofl2:

1. What was that about not hijacking earlier.......? :blink:

2. Would the Fiends badges be purple and in the shape of fiendmingos. Coonskip cap and all? :dance:

:heart:

So on your first trip to the pool, I got all excited....here comes the Mark Spitz pics!

But you didn't bring the camera.

The next trip, you had your camera......WooHoo, here it comes!

But instead you give me old security geezers! :lol:

That's about what the pool looked like Memorial Day weekend, and I just can't deal with all those people, and especially all those people peeing (come on, you know they do!)

So did Mrs. TCD make it? Do you have Rocky pics? :heart:

Remember that cabin person who parked on the 1500 loop tetherball court yesterday?

Well he was back today!:

100_1376.jpg

But look, today he got one of the love notes from the rangers telling him not to park there:

100_1377.jpg

Too bad they really didn't get towed! That would have been a highlight!

I have heard of Keith Stone, but I like to look at pretty girls and being beer commercials they are a must have. Were there any around him at the fort? If not then I seriously call into question his "smoothness".

You have raised a valid point here. It is possible that the TCD on board computer's facial recognition software made and error in identifying Keith Stone. I have to admit that the guy looks like him, but you're right, the real Keith Stone would have had some high quality companions on the golf cart with him. And, maybe he would have come up with a little higher quality decorations. Plus, I never did see this fellow toting around a case of Keystone Light on his shoulder like the real Keith Stone. As I said, the facial recognition software was a pirated copy that Cousin Yuri obtained from an undisclosed source.

Thanks Andrew it was great to meet you and your daughter too!

Sorry it was such a short visit, we didn't want to keep you too long, not to mention we were a little out of it after only 4 hours of sleep. lol We can always talk about camping, DisneyWorld, Seaside, or I guess anything but we didn't want to take up to much of your time. I can't believe you've been going to Seaside regularly for so long, has it changed much? We're hoping to make a return trip in September to finalize wedding plans, but we're not sure yet. When you were there last did you see the new deck they added to the roof top bar? Did I mention we are having our reception at Bud & Alley’s?

We'll have to catch up again next time we're camping, maybe even do some exploring!

On a side note I thought it was pretty funny that after talking we all headed up to get more soda, we had already filled those mugs a few times that day with coffee and soda, gotta love those mugs!

Thanks for the shout out in the TR and it was great meeting ya'll!

WBI

You know, we were just in Seaside last month, and we never made it up to the rooftop bar. The weather was perfect every day, and we just hung out on the beach. We hit all of our favorite spots (Taco Bar, Pizza Bar, Seagrove Market, etc.), but never climbed up those stairs to the B & A roof-top bar. Sounds like a good excuse for another trip.

Yes, Seaside has changed quite a bit since we first started visiting. Back then, there were still a lot of open lots, and there were hardly any houses South of 30A. Watercolor did not exist. That was all forest. So, the big change is that everything is so much more congested now. But, that doesn't keep us away- it's still a great place.

Definitely let me know the next time you are going to camp at the Fort, I am always up for a little exploring.

And we're waiting!

The lid will be blown soon.

I am working on getting all of my evidence together.

I want that red vanagan!! I want ... I want... I want....

Yes, that VW was sweet. It was in pretty rough shape, but I like vintage. I really would love to have one of those. It would be great for weekend trips to the Fort.

The TV networks should take lessions from you teasing a story..... :rofl2:

Forget "Who Shot JR?" its "Who rigged the judging on as the Fiends Turn" :dance:

I know.

Sorry.

But, I had to give all of the background before dropping the bomb.

I never saw that SUV again after you left, but we were never at the fort long so it may have come back while we were gone.

Wow, that's a lot of people at the pool. We went to Blizzard Beach that day so we didn't get to see that.

Did you see the people on the other side of the comfort station? We saw them rolling in with a full sized refrigerator. I chatted with the mom a few times in the comfort station. They were staying for 23 nights. I think I'd bring a full sized fridge, too, if I were staying that long. Next summer they are planning to stay the entire month of July.

The 4th of July party crowd in the middle of the loop are planning to make it a tradition to come back every year. They were having a family reunion. :)

Nope.

I missed the full-sized refrigerator.

I would have snapped a picture if I had seen it, and that camper may have received a TCDRMOG award.

That group in the middle of the loop knew how to party. They had quite the bar set up under one of their canopies. They didn't bother me, though. I never did count how many bicycles they had there at the site, but it was a lot. Those kids loved riding around the loop, and coasting down the little hill right at the entrance. Since my site was right there, I got to see a lot of them.

Great update. :banana: Maybe they could deputize some of the Fiends and arm them with tasers at the pool, I know a few who would readily volunteer :rofl2:

Now that's a great idea!

1. What was that about not hijacking earlier.......? :blink:

2. Would the Fiends badges be purple and in the shape of fiendmingos. Coonskip cap and all? :dance:

:heart:

Aw, leave Doodle alone.

I don't think that was really a hijack attempt.

And if it was, you know she can't help herself.

TCD

Aw, leave Doodle alone.

I don't think that was really a hijack attempt.

And if it was, you know she can't help herself.

TCD

It truly wasn't a hijack attempt Andrew. You did mention that no one was tazed at the pool. I think it would be a good idea though. Electricity and wet bodies, I think locals would think twice about encroaching on the Fort pool :rofl2:

It's glad to see you back, TCD! You made me stop lurking and register so I could comment!

We had site 1501 during our New Years trip. I loved the location and convenience to everything. Stuck waiting forever at the bus stop? Nope! Just listen and wait for it to leave the 1600 stop. My husband did not care for it though due to bus noise and lack of privacy. We have stayed in 1600 twice and really enjoyed that loop. Close enough to things (unlike dreaded 2000) but still peaceful.

It was interesting to see the increased 'security' for the 4th this year. We didn't experience any of that last year and had a great trip. From what I've seen here, they shouldn't have bothered.

Thanks for all the trip reports!

So on your first trip to the pool, I got all excited....here comes the Mark Spitz pics!

But you didn't bring the camera.

The next trip, you had your camera......WooHoo, here it comes!

But instead you give me old security geezers! :lol:

That's about what the pool looked like Memorial Day weekend, and I just can't deal with all those people, and especially all those people peeing (come on, you know they do!)

So did Mrs. TCD make it? Do you have Rocky pics? :heart:

Sorry, but no Mark Spitz speedo pics. But, KFK got to see me in my bathing suit. The poor thing, her husband was right there, so it was kind of awkward for her trying not to stare and all. Same for Mrs. Devores too.

I hear you on the contents of the pool. I figure it's about 45% chlorine, 45% pee, and 10% water.

Nope, Mrs. TCD and Rocky didn't make it (again). But, I'll dig up a recent Rocky picture for you.

Too bad they really didn't get towed! That would have been a highlight!

Agreed. I could have ended my TR right there. It would not have gotten better than that!

It truly wasn't a hijack attempt Andrew. You did mention that no one was tazed at the pool. I think it would be a good idea though. Electricity and wet bodies, I think locals would think twice about encroaching on the Fort pool :rofl2:

I know. If you had really wanted to start a hijack, you would have.

It's glad to see you back, TCD! You made me stop lurking and register so I could comment!

We had site 1501 during our New Years trip. I loved the location and convenience to everything. Stuck waiting forever at the bus stop? Nope! Just listen and wait for it to leave the 1600 stop. My husband did not care for it though due to bus noise and lack of privacy. We have stayed in 1600 twice and really enjoyed that loop. Close enough to things (unlike dreaded 2000) but still peaceful.

It was interesting to see the increased 'security' for the 4th this year. We didn't experience any of that last year and had a great trip. From what I've seen here, they shouldn't have bothered.

Thanks for all the trip reports!

Hey!

I remember you!

Your DH rigged up the MacGyver AC for your tent! That's you, right?

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom!

What do you mean your New Year's Eve trip?

Which year?

I was on the 1500 loop for NYE this year!

And the year before that.

Don't tell me you guys were there too.

TCD

Hey!

I remember you!

Your DH rigged up the MacGyver AC for your tent! That's you, right?

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom!

What do you mean your New Year's Eve trip?

Which year?

I was on the 1500 loop for NYE this year!

And the year before that.

Don't tell me you guys were there too.

TCD

Yes, I'm Mrs. MacGyver! ;) We are going to the Fort this weekend. We haven't used our AC setup since September trip. It'll be interesting to see if everything works properly!

We were there for this past New Years, Dec 27-Jan 2. Right at the entrance at 1501 with the bunker-like tent setup and multi-colored rope light Mickey.

I have 6 trip reports I could write, should I be so inclined!

You see those old guys in the white hats?

Those are the gentlemen who drive the white suv's around that are marked "Security."

Apparently, this position is reserved for men over the age of 70.

:rofl2:

No wonder the rules aren't enforced. I bet they haven't taken their Geritol!

Sorry, but no Mark Spitz speedo pics. But, KFK got to see me in my bathing suit. The poor thing, her husband was right there, so it was kind of awkward for her trying not to stare and all. Same for Mrs. Devores too.

Nope, Mrs. TCD and Rocky didn't make it (again). But, I'll dig up a recent Rocky picture for you.

Ya know, KFK did seem exceptionally giddy in her latest TR. Now, I get it! You really should be more careful strutting your stuff around the Fort like that, it's just not fair to the other men here! :popo:

I'm bummed that the Mrs. and Rocky didn't show, but I would love to see a recent picture. I bet he's really grown since the last ones I saw.

Yes, I'm Mrs. MacGyver! ;) We are going to the Fort this weekend. We haven't used our AC setup since September trip. It'll be interesting to see if everything works properly!

We were there for this past New Years, Dec 27-Jan 2. Right at the entrance at 1501 with the bunker-like tent setup and multi-colored rope light Mickey.

I have 6 trip reports I could write, should I be so inclined!

Well I'll be darned!

You little stinker!

You have to have seen the TCD gang. We were in 1504. We had two inflatable gators and two inflatable FSU guys and a big old snowman there at our site.

And Rocky was there too.

He played tetherball right there next to your site.

I am going to have to go down in my basement and look at my photos from that trip and see if I have any of y'all.

And you have 6 TR's in the vault?

Oh come on!

I remember that you can write a good trip report.

You ought to at least write a little one.

:rofl2:

No wonder the rules aren't enforced. I bet they haven't taken their Geritol!

Whoop! There it is!

Another patented LL one liner!

Nicely done.

I'm glad that you went back to your maiden name.

TCD

Ya know, KFK did seem exceptionally giddy in her latest TR. Now, I get it! You really should be more careful strutting your stuff around the Fort like that, it's just not fair to the other men here! :popo:

I'm bummed that the Mrs. and Rocky didn't show, but I would love to see a recent picture. I bet he's really grown since the last ones I saw.

Oh boy, it it getting deep in here.

I have some Rocky photos from this past weekend, I'll dig one up for you.

TCD

OK, Here we go.

I'm going to lay out the details of the golf cart parade judging conspiracy here.

Can you handle the truth?

If not, don't read this post.

Also, I note with interest that we have a new member of the forum by the name of Sean, who just happened to join today.

Today.

Is that you Ranger Sean?

If so, you can help clear this all up.

To reset this, here is a photo of the golf cart, driven by Keith Stone (maybe), which won the golf cart parade contest:

keithstone-1.jpg

I stole that photo from WBI by the way.

Nice photo, WBI.

Make note of the white golf cart immediately behind Mr. Stone's.

Well, look what I came upon while looping around the 1200 loop on Monday afternoon:

100_1391.jpg

That's the white golf cart driven by Keith's friends, right?

I found their site!

And look, two of that Jeep's wheels are off of the pavement:

100_1392.jpg

Oh boy!

They are going to get a love letter from Ranger Sean!

Ha! Ha!

I wonder why they haven't gotten one already like the rest of us rule breakers had that afternoon?

Hey, and look behind that car parked next to the jeep, isn't that the Grand Prize Winning Golf Cart?

In fact, it is!:

100_1393.jpg

But what is that leaning against that cart?

Is that a Segway?

Doesn't Ranger Sean have a Segway?

You don't think?

No.

It couldn't be.

These folks have three carts at their site, none of which are completely parked on the pavement:

100_1394.jpg

Also make note of the fact that these folks have a fence set up around their site.

I wonder why?

The 1200 loop isn't a pet loop.

I headed over to the 1300 loop to see if I could see anything over there. From the ice machine, I could clearly see the back of their site.

Well, lookey here.

They have a castmember visiting them.

He's sitting right there at their picnic table:

100_1388.jpg

100_1390.jpg

Whoa!

That's Ranger Sean!:

100_1389.jpg

What is he doing there?

Breaking bread with the Grand Prize winners?

I'm sure that there must be a logical explanation for all of this.

I just can't think of one.

Except that these folks are good friends of his.

I guess that's why they got that sweet parking space right in front of Pioneer Hall this morning.

And why they get to park their cars off of the pavement.

And have a pet on the 1200 loop.

NBD.

But wait.

There's more.

I have seen these folks around the Fort a lot.

They were on the 1700 loop this past Thanksgiving.

In fact, they were there for most of the Fall and Winter.

When they are not there, they have been allowed to keep their motorhome and trailer with golf carts in the overflow lot.

This is one of their carts. It used to have a really ghetto multi-colored roof on it:

100_1397.jpg

100_1398.jpg

On another message board a while back, someone else noticed that these folks were being allowed to keep their motorhome and golf cart in the overflow lot during the week, and then move it to a site on the weekends. That poster asked who these folks were, and why they were allowed to do that. Someone who professed to be in the know posted that this was a former Castmember who had been given these privileges as part of his retirement package.

Well, I may have some of the facts wrong here, but if this is so, why should these folks have been allowed to participate in the golf cart parade?

It's not a big deal to me, but it wasn't very fair to the people who obviously put a lot of effort in to decorating their carts.

So there you have it.

It smells pretty bad to me.

How about to you?

TCD