TCD's Flippin' Awesome July 4 2011 Fort Trip Report!

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, Here we go. I'm going to lay out the details of the golf cart parade judging conspiracy here. Can you handle the truth? If not, don't read this post. Also, I note with interest that we have a new

You are right, I can smell something rotten all the way up here :angry: My only recourse is to request the 1200 loop and bring all 6 of my chihuahuas, and park my car and golf cart on the grass. That'll fix 'em :rofl2:

ALL SIX!! No not all SIX....

Well i'll just bring my Great Dane and my heeler and we can teach them to bark on command....oh the racket we could make.

Just had a thought, could you imagine six great danes in one site..... now that would fix'em.

I'm with you - if he was given the special privileges as part of his retirement that's totally their decision - but it seems totally unfair to let him be judged in the parade. I mean, he should be able to participate and have fun, but not win a prize. I don't think anyway. <_<

Thanks, can't wait!

You have a basement? In Florida? :bugeyes:

No I don't have a basement.

That was just figure of speech.

You are right, I can smell something rotten all the way up here :angry: My only recourse is to request the 1200 loop and bring all 6 of my chihuahuas, and park my car and golf cart on the grass. That'll fix 'em :rofl2:

Go get 'em.

That will fix them!

Well i'll just bring my Great Dane and my heeler and we can teach them to bark on command....oh the racket we could make.

Just had a thought, could you imagine six great danes in one site..... now that would fix'em.

Oy!

Six great danes?

I'm with you - if he was given the special privileges as part of his retirement that's totally their decision - but it seems totally unfair to let him be judged in the parade. I mean, he should be able to participate and have fun, but not win a prize. I don't think anyway. dry.gif

Agreed.

Smells bad - real bad to me. I wish there was some kind of recourse - but there isnt - sometimes life just isnt fair.

True. And I know that things are not always as they appear.

Hmmmm, If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......

Probably so, but as I said, and have learned, things are not always as they appear.

But, this part is true-

These rangers are not anywhere near consistent with what they do.

And that is a big problem for me.

TCD

I actually have been in one house in Florida that had a basement (kind of) The house was built on the side of a small hill, so it was just a small "game room" But it sure would be nice to have in a hurricane or tornado. I miss basements.

I actually have been in one house in Florida that had a basement (kind of) The house was built on the side of a small hill, so it was just a small "game room" But it sure would be nice to have in a hurricane or tornado. I miss basements.

I know there's a few around Florida built that way, but those aren't real basements. Both sets of my grandparents used to have "cellars" when they lived in NY- those were awesome!

TCD

Well i'll just bring my Great Dane

Great Danes are the best dogs in the world! We had two (at the same time). Their only drawback is their short life expectancy. And, umm, the cost to feed them and take them to the vet.

I grew up with a chihuahua ... love them too! Now we have a Mini Schnauzer. Great for the RV'ing lifestyle.

WOW, that whole story of the golf cart parade gave me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I guess for some people there is no limit to how much they will take advantage of special treatment.

I also agree with your observations about the people (probably locals) heading to the pool. It would be easy enough to check people who are unloading their vans at the bus stop or on the side of the road if one were interested in stopping this problem.

Great Danes are the best dogs in the world! We had two (at the same time). Their only drawback is their short life expectancy. And, umm, the cost to feed them and take them to the vet.

I grew up with a chihuahua ... love them too! Now we have a Mini Schnauzer. Great for the RV'ing lifestyle.

I am not totally sure but we may be Great Dane people for life. Except for the size they make awesome RV dogs, yes we are currently out on the road in our 27ft tt w/o slides with a great dane and a Blue heeler. The dane is much better than the heeler...because he's lacking in enrgeticness.

Nothing against the Chihuahua, as the dane loves to play with them at the Fort...

Wow! So many things going through my mind right now after getting caught up.

-Great commentary on the pool "dispute", that was funny! And I know the pool situation is being beaten to death, but it is absolutely ridiculous. Crazy that you have to use a trash can for your lounge chair and table.

-We also love the Hess station, but we can't stand getting there. Is there a quicker route to or from that place. Drives me crazy.

-You have one incredible memory! I'm amazed at the stuff you can recall.

-The golf cart debacle is really pretty lame. Without risking another hijack, I wonder if this played a part in Whip's Pirate ship voting? Hmmmmm, makes you wonder.

It's time to move on.

But, first some comments on the comments:

WOW, that whole story of the golf cart parade gave me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I guess for some people there is no limit to how much they will take advantage of special treatment.

I also agree with your observations about the people (probably locals) heading to the pool. It would be easy enough to check people who are unloading their vans at the bus stop or on the side of the road if one were interested in stopping this problem.

In the scheme of things, this is not that big a deal, but it still bothers me. I have no problem with rules. As long as they are clear, and uniformly enforced. It's their campground, so they can make the rules. But, the rules need to be clearly stated, and there should not be exceptions made. I don't appreciate getting grief from a ranger because two of my wheels are off the pavement, while some friends of his can do whatever they like. Same thing about golf carts. There is a very specific document they give you at check-in that says what's allowed and what isn't, but then look around the campground, and you will see folks driving around on things that supposedly are not allowed.

Wow! So many things going through my mind right now after getting caught up.

-Great commentary on the pool "dispute", that was funny! And I know the pool situation is being beaten to death, but it is absolutely ridiculous. Crazy that you have to use a trash can for your lounge chair and table.

-We also love the Hess station, but we can't stand getting there. Is there a quicker route to or from that place. Drives me crazy.

-You have one incredible memory! I'm amazed at the stuff you can recall.

-The golf cart debacle is really pretty lame. Without risking another hijack, I wonder if this played a part in Whip's Pirate ship voting? Hmmmmm, makes you wonder.

1. They created the pool problem by going cheap on the renovation. It was stupid to have not expanded the pool.

2. I don't know of any shortcut to the Hess station from the Fort. On the way back, if it's late at night, and there isn't a lot of traffic, you can take the turn-off for returning to the MK parking lot, and cut across all of the lanes and bypass the entry plaza. But, that would not be a good idea during the day, or at a busy time.

3. My memory is pretty good. But, it isn't what is used to be.

4. In the past, I haven't felt that the judging for contests was biased. I think Whipperwhirl got the shaft on the Halloween contest, but I kind of understand where they were coming from by saying that her site wasn't really decorated in a Halloween theme. The winners that year all had great decorations. In past golf cart parades, I didn't have a problem with the judges' choices. Of course, it is always going to be subjective. But, when carts that are clearly better than others get no recognition, and some lame cart gets grand prize, I don't like it at all.

Well, I think that's enough of that.

Right?

Let's move on.

TCD

Exit Hess onto Car Care Drive (I call it the back exit), turn right onto Bear Island Road, which puts you immeadiately at an intersection. Turn left onto Floridian Way, Turn right onto Seven Sea Drive (the poly will now be on your left, TTC on the left and MK parking lot on your right). At stop light, Right onto World Drive, then left onto Vista Blvd.

All that to circle the exterior MK parking lot clockwise.

IMHO, The only problem is no light when making left onto Vista Blvd.

He is adorable!

My first dog was almost a boxer. But I ended up with a Doberman since she tolerates heat and humidity better.

What does he weigh? About 65-70? His size is perfect. Wow. :heart:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Thank you!!! He has really grown. I think Rocky deserves to go to the fort more often! If he is too much, he can stay with me and Mason, and get leftover GAG chicken. I would love to spoil him rotten!

He is adorable!

My first dog was almost a boxer. But I ended up with a Doberman since she tolerates heat and humidity better.

What does he weigh? About 65-70? His size is perfect. Wow. :heart:

It seems like he has finally stopped growing at right around 65 pounds.

We have never had a dog like him. He only eats when he's hungry. He pretty much ignores his food, and then he will finally eat it. Our former dogs would start whining and carrying on when it got to be around their meal time. Not Rocky. It's pretty nice.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Thank you!!! He has really grown. I think Rocky deserves to go to the fort more often! If he is too much, he can stay with me and Mason, and get leftover GAG chicken. I would love to spoil him rotten!

You had better watch it, if Rocky ever learns to read and use the computer, he may read this, and then you'll have two pups to take care of at the Fort.

Rocky has a great time at the Fort, but boy does he get wound up. On our last visit, I swear he barely slept. He just would not relax. I am going to make sure he gets back to the Fort some time soon.

TCD

Rocky has a great time at the Fort, but boy does he get wound up.

TCD

:unsure: Me too!! What's wrong with that? Maybe you could offer him a Corona. That usually helps me.

Rocky has a great time at the Fort, but boy does he get wound up. On our last visit, I swear he barely slept. He just would not relax. I am going to make sure he gets back to the Fort some time soon.

TCD

Is Rocky what I call "squirrel crazy"? Our oldest doberman, is the calmest thing, she dosen't care about cats, deer, goats, or pigs and most other animals. However, if a squirrel (and recently rabbits), appears in her sight (even 1/4 mile away) she goes nuts. She will NOT calm down, she wines and cries so much, we have had people look at us like we are beating her to death or something. <_<

We took her camping once, and she would not sleep at night since we were in a heavily wooded state park with squirrels everywhere. We ended up staying one night and heading home. :argh:

The Fort does have alot of animal (human and critters) scents, so he could be getting riled up/excited from those.

Is Rocky what I call "squirrel crazy"? Our oldest doberman, is the calmest thing, she dosen't care about cats, deer, goats, or pigs and most other animals. However, if a squirrel (and recently rabbits), appears in her sight (even 1/4 mile away) she goes nuts. She will NOT calm down, she wines and cries so much, we have had people look at us like we are beating her to death or something. dry.gif

We took her camping once, and she would not sleep at night since we were in a heavily wooded state park with squirrels everywhere. We ended up staying one night and heading home. :argh:

The Fort does have alot of animal (human and critters) scents, so he could be getting riled up/excited from those.

No, I wouldn't say he's squirrel crazy.

We have a lot of squirrels at home, and he chases them, but he's not as serious about it as I've seen some dogs get.

I think he's just high-strung. He gets wound up whenever he goes anywhere new. Just like a little kid.

At home, he's great, he'll go outside and play and wear himself out, and then he sleeps quite a bit.

But when we are away, he is very jumpy and just won't relax.

I don't think there's anything wrong with him- he's just a bit hyper.

But, that gets old when you're camping. The last time we were at the Fort, he went to the dog park several times, and on way more walks than he does at home, but he just would not settle down during the day.

TCD

No, I wouldn't say he's squirrel crazy.

We have a lot of squirrels at home, and he chases them, but he's not as serious about it as I've seen some dogs get.

I think he's just high-strung. He gets wound up whenever he goes anywhere new. Just like a little kid.

At home, he's great, he'll go outside and play and wear himself out, and then he sleeps quite a bit.

But when we are away, he is very jumpy and just won't relax.

I don't think there's anything wrong with him- he's just a bit hyper.

But, that gets old when you're camping. The last time we were at the Fort, he went to the dog park several times, and on way more walks than he does at home, but he just would not settle down during the day.

TCD

He needs to go more often. Familiarity with the fort will help him calm down. You should really take him every other weekend.... think of it. Rocky's TCD Fort Report....