Guess just not meant to camp any longer

Have been camping a couple of times since Jeff left us. Well made ressies for the fort on Labor Day. First time to go there without Jeff.

Well saturday (dumbass me) I was backing the moho just like I always do. Looked in mirror and saw the tree that I always park next to. Gunned her in reverse but just happened to see the wrong tree in mirror. Hit another tree and stopped suddenly. Pulled up got out and said shit. bumper was smashed, ladder was smashed, rear cap was smashed in.

Well ins company totaled her out. She is old and just isn't worth alot. After my decuctible probably won't get enough to replace it.

Guess I just wasn't meant to camp any longer. This old moho has many memories of Jeff in it and I hate to see it go.

Dan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been camping a couple of times since Jeff left us. Well made ressies for the fort on Labor Day. First time to go there without Jeff.

Well saturday (dumbass me) I was backing the moho just like I always do. Looked in mirror and saw the tree that I always park next to. Gunned her in reverse but just happened to see the wrong tree in mirror. Hit another tree and stopped suddenly. Pulled up got out and said shit. bumper was smashed, ladder was smashed, rear cap was smashed in.

Well ins company totaled her out. She is old and just isn't worth alot. After my decuctible probably won't get enough to replace it.

Guess I just wasn't meant to camp any longer. This old moho has many memories of Jeff in it and I hate to see it go.

Dan

Dan, sorry to hear about the moho, I'm sure that is just salt in the wound at this point. I sure hope your family keeps camping, I know for my family it has provided us a wonderful outlet to get away from the daily stresses of life and just do what families were meant to do, be together and enjoy... :hugs2:

Holy cow, I just don't know what to say. Maybe you can get something different, a little smaller that can help you still camp and keep Jeff's memory alive with your family in camping.

Best of luck to ya man, hopefully the luck will be better soon. :heart:

We all love you here! :heart:

As my son is often saying, "kharma owes you one". Life keeps handing you lemons and I bet you're sick of trying to make lemonade out of it.

But, at this point, I'd be buying a tent, new cots and making the best out of a trip to the Fort before I threw in the towel. Heck, I've got a second Coleman dual fuel stove that would be cooking up a big ole pot of chili before sunset after setting up camp.

Good luck and keep making lemonade!

That really sucks, Dan! Lorna is right. See if you can buy it back from them. My uncle did that with a trailer that had hail damage. Let me know if you still end up going. I'll be there at that time and I would love to meet you.

Sometimes if the insurance company totals it, you can buy it back cheep and try fixing it. I would love to see you at the Fort Labor Day :heart:

I asked the ins company about that. They said sure you can buy it back but it will have a salvage non rebuildable title. Here in florida you can't register one of those. All it would be good for is selling parts.

I am looking around for something I can buy. Can't see making payments on something sitting more than I use it.

If Karma is a good thing I will find something in a few weeks and still make my fort trip.

I did find a great deal on craigslist. Only problem was it is located in washington state and the owner is deployed to Afghanistan and can't make the deal in person. The price is only 3000 for a 98. Heck that even includes shipping anywhere in the continental US. I'll be sure and send the 3000 and see how soon I get the moho. LOL

I asked the ins company about that. They said sure you can buy it back but it will have a salvage non rebuildable title. Here in florida you can't register one of those. All it would be good for is selling parts.

I am looking around for something I can buy. Can't see making payments on something sitting more than I use it.

If Karma is a good thing I will find something in a few weeks and still make my fort trip.

I did find a great deal on craigslist. Only problem was it is located in washington state and the owner is deployed to Afghanistan and can't make the deal in person. The price is only 3000 for a 98. Heck that even includes shipping anywhere in the continental US. I'll be sure and send the 3000 and see how soon I get the moho. LOL

That's note entirely true. If you register it as rebuilt salvage, you can get a tag for it. I had a friend that bought another friends totalled trailer from the insurance company and that's what he did.

Wish you the best of luck. Giving up camping sucks.

I'll go with TCD here. You've heard all the platitudes, I won't try to find new ones. Time will give you what you need to make your decisions, and I'll also join the rest and say that I hope you keep camping. It may be in a different unit, or a very different type of unit, but you still have that connection to your life.

Hang in there, Dan. I'd consider it an honor to sit at the Fort and have a beer with you. I'll get there one day, one way or another.

Dang Dan, that bites. I still think of you and your family all the time, I miss all the good times we had chatting at my old place!

There is nothing I can say that is any different than all the rest, just know you are still loved and thought of by lots of us nuts, and we would all love to see you at the Fort sometime soon.

PLEEEEEEEEZE DON'T STOP CAMPING. Find another unit that willl fit your needs and honor Josh and keep his memory by camping. I really want to meet all the Fort Fiends before I go to that big campground in the sky and you are included..

I have to say that I don't know the story about Josh, but I feel that he is of the greatist importance to you and I wish to respect that.

Geez, Dan, I'm so sorry. That really sucks. I feel so bad for you!

If they're going to total it, can you at least "strip it" of anything you want to keep? At least that way, you could have some of the memories in a way.

Keep us informed if anything comes up!

What would Jeff want you to do? Would he accept this as a sign that you are never to go camping again or would he want you to take this opportunity to re-evaluate your camping wants/needs, get something new to you, and start making new memories to build on the old ones? Whatever you decide, everyone is here to support you. :hugs2: