Some Times It's A Magical Bus

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only if you're wearing a Tampa Bay Rays or Yankees hat.

I was assigned to the Studios bus hub yesterday and while waiting for people to finish boarding, a little boy, about 9 or 10 years old, afflicted with an obvious muscular disorder struggles to walk up

Needle in a hay stack is right. The odds are very slim that you'll see me. Too many buses doing too many routes. No call today, so I'm not working. I'm on call tomorrow but no clue where I'll be until

• 2 weeks later...

is one ever truly safe from potty humor? Or is it just that I have two kids under the age of 11?

Even mine who are 10 and older find the potty humor funny.

I can't even say a simple sentence such as, "I need to put a load of laundry into the wash." wiithout hearing giggles and snickering coming from them.

If you need an answer on how to get somewhere on property using WDW buses, make sure you talk to someone in transportation and not a front desk, or conceirge CM. They don't have a clue.

Here's why.

While working out of the DTD hub last Monday, the dispatcher gave me special instructions to pick up a group of people waiting at the Market Place that needed to go to the CR for a character breakfast. However the route that came up on the little black box was for the Saratoga Springs resort.

Oh no, I knew what was coming. I've gone through this before.

I stop to pick up the group heading to the CR, inform them that I will take them to the CR, but that I will have to pick up at the SSR for the MK before dropping them off at the CR. BTW the SSR has 5 stops, yup, 5 stops.

This small group went from the Art of Animation resort to the MP, to PI, then 5 stops at the SSR, to the MK, and finally to the CR.

And to add insult to injury, due to construction at the SSR, buses must exit out the auxiliary exit which means that they have to go by DTD to get anywhere, which is where I picked them up in the first place. Can we say deja vu?

I was expecting the group to go ballistic as we went by DTD for the second time.

How long did this ordeal take for these poor people, almost 3 hours, you heard right, nearly 3 hours. Of course they didn't make their character breakfast.

I asked them why in the world they went to the MP from the AAR. The answer, wait for it, was that a ICM at the Front Desk told them to. I guess the ICM didn't know that regular direct buses to the resorts from DTD don't start until late morning.

What they should have done is take the MK bus from the AAR and make the less than ten minute walk over to the CR, a total of about 30 minutes from the AAR. 30 minutes verses 3 hours.

I once thought that the idiots they stick out at the concierge desks at the resorts had some higher level or training or knowledge than the ordinary idiots they stick behind the check-in desks.

But, your story and personal experience has proven that I was wrong about that.

The ICM's they stick out at the concierge desks often do not have the slightest clue of what they are talking about. My current suspicon is that these are ICM's who are too dumb to handle the check in tasks, so they stick them over in concierge where all they have to do is make up creative answers to guests questions.

TCD

I once thought that the idiots they stick out at the concierge desks at the resorts had some higher level or training or knowledge than the ordinary idiots they stick behind the check-in desks.

As I've worked the Front Desk and Concierge at the GF, I know a little about the training.

They get a lot of training regarding the resort itself, but just about zero training on anything outside the resort.

I guess they figure there is just too much to learn and don't bother, and they're right.

Another factor is that those positions, for the most part, are stepping stones and very few CMs stay in them for more than six months. Just when they get to know the position, they move on to another position where they can be incompetent all over again. It's not a good system.

MagicBus will be an EpcotBus from 4:30 pm until 12:30 am.

Kinda of a strange day though. First two hours of class room about defensive driving..........again.

All 1500 plus drivers have to do it.

Well if there weren't so many crazy tourists driving around that you had to dodge... oh wait, we'll be one of them in 49 days. 8)

How long did this ordeal take for these poor people, almost 3 hours, you heard right, nearly 3 hours. Of course they didn't make their character breakfast.

Oh jinkies!! I guess that also shows you why, yet again, if at all possible, you should STAY OFF THE DAMN BUSES!

We've only attempted the "DTD shuffle" a couple of times - usually when no one felt like driving (i.e., *I* didn't feel like driving). Once there was a really big group of us doing dinner and we didn't have a single vehicle large enough for all of us.

It's awful. I can't imagine why anyone would do it - other than because they don't know there's another way of course.

Throw clueless CMs handing out useless information in the mix and it's amazing people ever come back to WDW after such an experience.

Too bad all those people don't know about this cool resource on the interwebz where they can get step-by-step instructions on how to get just about anywhere on WDW property as easily as possible. Anywhere!! I hear this place even has their own resident bus driver to clue people in on the inner workings of the WDW transportation system. Sounds like a pretty awesome place, eh?