Around the World & Beyond

These are things that are going on property wide. They are all official and not rumors. The list is updated daily in red.

LEGO Imagination Center at Downtown Disney Marketplace is preparing for an extensive renovation project that will increase its overall footprint by nearly 3,500 square-feet and add new LEGO exterior models of favorite Disney characters. Expect to see construction walls in the area starting January 27, 2011. The project is expected to be complete in mid-April, 2011.

LEGO Imagination Center will operate in a temporary "pop-up" location between Once Upon A Toy and Earl of Sandwich.

Three buildings in Town Square are covered by printed tarps.

Two of the bus stops at MK are closed for refurbishment.

Mickey?s Toontown Fair has its last day of operation this Friday, February 11, 2011, after which time it will close to begin transformation into the Storybook Circus section of New Fantasyland.

Starting Saturday, February 12, the following entertainment changes take effect:

Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will greet guests from the Tomorrowland patio, located to the right of Space Mountain.

The Disney Princesses will hold court in the Adventureland Veranda.

Set times for these locations will be included in the Magic Kingdom Times Guide.

Tinker Bell & friends will be joining the cast at Epcot, greeting guests at the Pixie Hollow Fairy Garden

near MouseGear.

Blizzard Beach is closed for refurbishment until approx March 26

Effective March 1, 2011, dinner at Le Cellier Steakhouse will be elevated to a Signature dining experience, offering an exciting new menu that will change seasonally and an expanded wine list.

For Disney Dining Plan and Disney Deluxe Dining Plan Guests, this change for dinner will require two (2) table-service meal entitlements per person.  Lunch will remain one (1) table-service meal entitlement per person.

Disney Junior ? Live on Stage! will debut in March 2011 at Disney?s Hollywood Studios.  The new production will replace Playhouse Disney ? Live!

Disney Junior ? Live on Stage! will include current favorites - Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny and Little Einsteins - as well as a new segment, Jake and the Never Land Pirates, based on a new Disney Junior series that will debut in February 2011.

Disney's new "Art of Animation Resort" has a web page at disneyworld.com.  It gives a short preview of the resort.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/art-of-animation-resort/

Work is underway at Town Square Exposition Hall to transform it into Town Square Theater where Mickey Mouse will greet guests at the Magic Kingdom. When the building re-opens this spring, guests will be able to use a first-of-its-kind FASTPASS for this new meet and greet location.

The FASTPASS will allow guests to visit Mickey Mouse more conveniently.

During construction of the New Fantasyland, Mickey will share the new location with the Disney Princesses. FASTPASS will be available for both.

Guests will also be able to enjoy a new merchandise shop within the building. Along with a refurbished area for Disney Photo Imaging inside the lobby, there will be a new shop at the exit of the character experiences which will also open this spring.

AK will no longer have an evening EMH. They will have two instead of one morning EMH.

The Disney Company recognizes that Grad Nite has become a rite of passage for high school seniors and are proud to have hosted this special event for 39 years. Given changing business dynamics and a desire to provide graduates more flexibility in celebrating at WDW, this year?s Disney?s Grad Nite will be the last at the Walt Disney World Resort.

We will be there until March 5th and hopefully we'll be able to catch the new show!

They don't give a start date for the new show other than March, but the "Playhouse Disney Live on Stage" refurbishment project is scheduled not to be completed until March 5th. Schedules are fluid so who knows. There is always a chance that the new show could start earlier.

Damn, i thought this was a thread about drinking beers around the world showcase. Shows you where my mind is at the moment.

I thought the same thing Shore!

The only question we ever have is: do we start in Mexico or Canada??

I prefer to start in Canada.  Reason being, I'm not a fan of Mexican beer.  If I start the tour in Canada, by the time I get to Mexico, I don't  care what the beer tastes like!!  :)

These are things that are going on property wide. They are all official and not rumors. The list is updated daily.

The VELCRO Companies will be closing its experience at Innoventions West on February 5, 2011.  As a result, the final showing of  ?What?s Your Problem?? at Slap Stick Studios will be on February 4, 2011.

Crap, I really meant to go see that one more time last week.  There were many former "Adventurer's" in that show.

I prefer to start in Canada.  Reason being, I'm not a fan of Mexican beer.  If I start the tour in Canada, by the time I get to Mexico, I don't  care what the beer tastes like!!  :welcome:

Agree. But hubby and I share at stops, sometimes. But we end with our own ritas in Mexico  :rofl2:

Okay, I know this isn't Disney, but it is Lego related.  Seeing as how a lot of you have kids (big and small) that love Legos, you might want to know this.  Lego is opening a theme park October 21st in Winter Haven, Fl, at the old Cypress Gardens spot.  It is named "Lego Land".  It will have the old gardens, and a few of the old rides, but mostly all things Lego. It's about 35 miles from WDW - but an easy drive on I-4 west and south on US 27.  Read all about it here:

http://florida.legoland.com/

• 2 weeks later...