The only site I wouldn't want to have is the first one on the right, 1501 I think.  It is right up against the bus stop.  No such thing as sleeping in once the busses start running.  If sleeping in isn't your thing, then it might not be so bad.  It's right next to the Comfort Station.   

WDWsite1501.jpg

I stayed in 1502 which is right across the road from the Comfort Station.  Here is a view of it from site 1501:

WDWsite15022.jpg

1500 Loop / Cottontail Curl is our favorite loop when we don't need full hook-up!  We love the sites that back-up to the canal and our favorite site is #1513.  There are many great sites in the 1500 Loop but we prefer the sites located to the right on the outside and like others have stated not too close to the road.  The location of the 1500 Loop is excellent if you want to be close to the Meadow Recreation Area / Trading Post / Bike Barn and the Campfire Sing-A-Long!  Based on the loops central location we have always found it easy to reach any other area of Fort Wilderness either by bike, bus, golf cart or walking! 

DSCN2639.jpg

DSCN4396-1.jpg

DSCN4405-1.jpg

DSCN4399.jpg

DSCN2640.jpg

DSCN4404.jpg

Doug / datgrt@fw

Was just talking about this with my husband and we both agree we would rather be in the 1500 over the 2000 loop.  We have stayed in both and both have pros and cons, but for us I hope to be in 1500 again in October.

Does anyone know the size of the tent pads for the Fort?  I know they may all slightly vary but we need to get a large tent and I want to make sure we will have enough room to put a "large" one up.  :-\

We had a 10x20 and two 10x10's set up in a square on our site in 1500 for a total of 400 square feet of living space and still had the entire back of the site with the picnic table, bikes, etc  I would say there was easily another 200 - 300 square feet of space.  The sites do vary but I think you wont have any problem with any size tent you bring - unless its a circus tent.

We stayed at 1506 and loved it, mostly.  It was rather loud at night - we could hear the movie and the electric boat parade quite clearly.  But I loved being that close to the comfort station, esp. when my 3yo needed to go potty in the middle of the night.  I esp. loved that we were close to the bus stop and all, as my dh is disabled, so walking is painful for him.  Our next trip, we might have use of a golf cart  8) which would make things much more enjoyable!

• 2 weeks later...

I havent yet stayed in the 1500 loop but we did "scope" it out while we visited last year and I can see positivies and negatives.  If you want to be in the middle of it all, and your a tent person, it's great.  I sorta enjoyed the "distance" of the 2000 loop from all the activity.  Now if we were cartless I wouldnt even consider the 2000 loop, I do not have the patience with 5 kids to wait on the buses.  Once I get the kids down for the night, I could kick back and sit in my chair and actually feel like I was "camping" of course it did get a little loney sometimes but it was quite.  No issues with noise waking the kids up.  My youngest is a bear if woken up in the middle of the night.... A  B_E_A_R.. I'll stick with the solitude of 2000.  I might be wrong but it sure appeared that the sites in 2000 were slightly larger.  I have a 19 x 12 tent and a 12 x 12 screen house, a Armada and a utility trailer to park.  I need all the room I can get

The canal sites are near and dear as 1509 (if memory isnt failing) was our first site at the Fort. I love having the grassy area behind the site for the kids to pay on, being close to everything, and with the PUP we don't need the full hookups. Granted if there is a group, we'll book with everyone to stay together, but otherwise, my top preference is 1500  :rofl2:

• 1 year later...

I know this is an older thread, but I am so glad to find others who love the 1500 loop. My DH and I cheered out loud when we were placed there earlier this month much to the surprise of the CM in check-in. Since we tent we only need partial hook up and love being so close to the meadow. We didn't mind the noise at all. We plan to request it on future trips!!!

Hey we've even got video of the 1500 loop - which by most accounts, is the favorite partial loop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI8PkpbUKGk&feature=youtu.be

...and of course all the other loops as well. :)

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/videos-of-all-camping-loopssites-r263

• 5 weeks later...

As a pup owner we have stayed in 1400, 1500, and 2000 and loved them all. The back of 2000 was roomy and secluded and felt like camping and less like a theme park. 1500 was great and we loved the connection we felt to the "magic" and activity. 1400 we felt undersized but loved being that close to the movie. I would stay at any of them again.

• 2 weeks later...

We've only been to the Fort one time, and we stayed in site 1520. (We're the ones in that site on the video that was originally linked thru google earth.) Even though it was next to the road, it was plenty quiet enough. We loved how close to the Meadow area is was, too. We didn't have a golf cart, but were able to walk easily from the Marina to the site (although we only did it once, ::) ) and I took a nice long walk over to 2000 and back one evening. Next time we'll probably bring bikes, but the buses were extremely convenient.

• 2 months later...

Our first stay at WDW was in the 1500 loop.  We had an 18 1/2 foot (including bumpers) Class C ElDorado MH.  I guess we stayed a week, but that was in the mid 70's and who can remember back that far.   There was MK, but was there EPCOT?  Summertime, hot but we were at WDW.  Gotta love it.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the 1500 loop.  I have stayed at 1502 twice before.  1st time they placed us there 2nd time we requested and got it.  This site is close to comfort station, bus stop, and this loop is right across from the pool.   :camp1:Our next trip is in less than a month and we have requested 1501 and 1503.  Hope we get it.  We'll see. 

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at 1501 in September and loved it. even tho the bus stop is right behind it, we were never bothered by road noise at all. And the comfort station was just a few steps away. We have a huge tent (we don't call it Tentzilla for nothing) and it fit perfectly.