In June of 2010 we had our first Disney Dining experience at the Rose & Crown Pub which is located in Epcot's World Showcase, in England. I have actually been to a real English Pub and the decorations in the Rose & Crown reminded me of that visit. We sat outside by the water for our meal. We had a lovely waitress from Manchester. She was most helpful finding out what things my food allergy son could eat. The view was lovely as well.

My husband, who has not been to England, ordered the Bangers & Mash. For those of you who've never had it before, it is English sausage, cabbage, bacon and mash potatoes. Bangers and Mash is one of my husbands favorite meals. He ate it often in NYC in Irish Pubs. He enjoyed the Rose & Crown meal better. He's not a man of many words (at least not today) but he's requested we go back to the Rose & Crown next visit so he can eat there again. Enough said.....

I ordered the Sunday Roast with roasted potatoes, and Yorkshire pudding. All of which I've had before cooked by English relatives. I will tell you that I am an extremely picky eater. If the meat isn't cut the right way, I won't like it. All I can really say is apparently my english family can't cook very well. After a month in England earlier in my life I thought English food bland and boring. My meal at the Rose & Crown was a heavenly experience.

I'm not a huge fan of pot roast. It has to be cooked just right so it was a bit out of character for me to pick this over my favorite, Shepard's Pie. This pot roast was tender and mouth watering. It disappeared with an unmannerly speed which would embarrass my very proper english Nana. The roasted potatoes, I can't really even describe how much I enjoyed them. They are a particular favorite and addiction for me...

Now for the Yorkshire pudding, it simply came with the meal I ordered. I'd had it before and hated it with about 20 or 30 passions. I was completely serious and sincere in my hatred of it. I thought it a complete waste of good cooking materials until my husband persuaded me to try it at the Rose & Crown. We'd payed for it after all and the rest of the meal was good. I decided to give it another try. Listen up people.... I was WRONG! Yorkshire pudding is a wonderful, tasty, and delicious food.

Our kids , of course, ordered a very unenglish pizza off the kids menu. There were certainly no complaints from them.

Has anyone had experience with the Lunch vs. Dinner service?

We are heading down (fingers crossed) in October during Columbus Day week. Thinking of doing this during lunch and enjoying the Food and Drink stands/kiosks at night.

Suggestions, comments, advise?