Thomasclan85's Pre-Trip Report

Hey Ya'll! I thought I'd try my hand at a little pre-trip report. I tried one on that other site but I think I was a bit TOO enthusiastic and included way too much info. At least 1 person said it made their hands hurt to look at all the typing I'd done. I like to type-what can I say......... Anywho, here goes.... OH and I 'borrowed' CeciliaKy's idea of using who, what, etc. I hope you don't mind!

The WHO? My wonderful, 48 yr. old sweetheart, Warren (That'sMrGrumpyToYou on here)- We'll be celebrating 26 years of wedded bliss together on the 24th of this month.

My darling 24 yr. old daughter, Nikki- Nikki loves EVERYTHING Disney but especially all the Christmas decorations. She was born with Williams syndrome and I can honestly say there's no feeling better than looking at Disney through the eyes of a special needs child, or any child for that matter. The look on her face alone is worth single penny we have to save up for our trips.

My 22 yr. old niece, Jessica- Jessi (for short) has never been to Disney World before and she's super excited to say the least. Nikki absolutely adores her. Since she found out Jessi's going with us, she gets up EVERY morning with "Guess who's going to Disney World? Me, you, Daddy, and Jessi." Then I get to see her little happy dance. Looks something like ---> :dance:

ME (45 at least I will be in November) I'm Linda, the milkman's wife. No, really, I am. For those interested, yes, it's true and I'm quite fond of saying "Milk does the body good but the milkman does it better". :D Hmmmmmm wondering if I should have included that???? ;D

The WHAT? Our 3rd trip to Disney World and our 2nd stay at the Fort

The WHEN? December 9th thru December 15th

The WHERE? see the WHAT

The WHY? Because it's been almost 3 years since our last visit and I'm going nuts to go back! I wish we could go every year.

I've been planning this trip since we returned home from our last trip in December 2008. Unfortunately, our last trip wasn't as great as I would have liked and I'm SO looking forward to this one being so much better. Here's what we learned NOT to do on a Disney trip: Pay attention! :popo:

1. Not ALL relatives are good vacation buddies so be careful about who you invite. If you're not sure, leave 'em at home! This is supposed to be a vacation not an episode of Mama's Family!

2. Make sure THEY know how to use their OWN cameras/camcorders BEFORE going on vacation or you'll be stopping every 10 steps going back to help them take pictures. :faceplant2: I barely know how to use mine. I certainly didn't know how to use one I'd never seen before. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard "stupid piece of junk and other COLORFUL language", I could have paid for dining on this trip.

3. Please explain and explain again what PRIORITY seating means. Otherwise you may be listening to "God! How much longer?!?"; VERY loud and many, many *sighs*; "How come they get to go in before us? We were here first!"; "If I'd known I'd have to wait this long, I would have eaten at the cabin."; and the list goes on and on. :gaah:

4. Remind them that your van/car/whatever you drive is NOT a magic carpet, nor does it travel at the speed of light and I certainly can't make it FLY and that it takes TIME to drive 700 miles. Actually, it was only 500 from my relative's house. We live 200 miles north of her. Still, 500 miles of grunts and groans and huffing and puffing from the backseat can be quite irritating. Not to mention all the exasperating "how many more miles, etc., etc." Think of the movie Are We There Yet? times 200!

5. Last and the most important thing we learned: If you have members of your travel party that have ISSUES with same sex or mixed raced relationships and this bothers you LEAVE THEM AT HOME, especially if they are quite vocal about their opinions and think EVERYONE should be able to hear what they say!!! It makes for quite an uncomfortable situation at times. :panic: I don't know about ya'll, but when I'm on vacation, I'm there to DE-stress!

Enough of the negative stuff!

Like I said, I've been planning this trip since 2008. I'm OCD when it comes to trips. Even my list have lists. Warren laughs at me but when we get to where we're going and everything runs smoothly because of my planning, he appreciates it. He won't admit it but he does. I know he does. I think he does. He BETTER! :D

We'll be staying at the cabins. Yep, we're some of THOSE folks. We were in the 2800 loop last time and have requested that loop this time too. I don't know for a fact but I'm assuming all the accessible cabins are in that loop. At least that's what the cast member that made my reservations lead me to believe.

I make resort only reservations so we'll get our park tickets once we're there. My gran's not in the best of health and sometimes you just have to be prepared for stuff that MIGHT happen. We can't afford to lose the park ticket money since it's non-refundable.

We've already got our MVMCP tickets! YEAH! We went last time but s**t happens and our other relative kinda ruined it for us. I didn't even get a single cookie! I don't think we even made it off of Main Street. This time will be different. We're going to have an awesome time and I'm getting some cookies!!

We've already reserved a golf cart. It's pricey but worth it to drive around to see all the decorations especially in the camping loops. I wish I had pictures of Nikki's face from our last trip. I'm especially looking forward to seeing Castle Guys decor; heard it's just amazing!

Speaking of golf, my honey will be making ressies for a lesson. He tinkers with it here at home (don't tell him I said that) but really doesn't have as much time as he'd like to play. Oh well, there's always retirement....

My ADRs have been made. We have ressies at Rose and Crown (my fav), Plaza Restaurant, Sci-Fi Dine In (1st timer), Rain Forest Cafe (love it), and a return visit to Trail's End (for breakfast on our last day). I hope Kenny's still there and that we get him! Wonder if I can request him? Anybody know?

My lists are made (and remade) and I have a couple totes set aside for non-food and non-perishable food items. Now all we have to do it wait, and wait, and wait...........4 months is going to go by so slowly! Well, at least I can read about other's trips until it's our time to go. My PLAN is to take my laptop and post each day so I won't forget stuff. If I can figure out how to download pictures to my laptop, I'll include those too. I LOVE TAKING PICTURES! I don't like to be in them but I do love to take them.

Lastly, I hope I get to meet up with some Fiends in person. I know a few of ya'll will be there at the same time and that at least Rita will be in a cabin too. Since we only get to Disney once every 3 years and we have to make the most out of our time there, I won't be able to hang out for long but at least I can say HI!

Well, that's it. Hope it wasn't too long this time!

Great start Linda, I don't think you will get any complaints her about a wordy TR.

Looks like we have a couple of things in common. My 30th anniversary is the 23rd of August and I have a November birthday. :banana:

I agree with you on the dangers of traveling with family or friends. You really need to have a plan and make sure everybody knows it.

Can't wait to hear more, this one sounds like it's going to be good :popcorn:

Thanks Stefa70- I've never been accused of going anywhere unprepared. :rofl2:

Thanks Doodlebug- an early Happy Anniversary to you in case I forget to say it later this month. I just hope I can get my laptop configured to load up my pictures. I tried installing a program this past weekend but got some sort of error message when I tried to use it. Didn't have the patience to try and figure it out. At least I've got 4 months to work those kinks out. :rolleyes:

Me too!

Yes, this is gonna be an exciting report!

And yes, I'm a list maker, too ... gotta be prepared for anything!

Yeah another November birthday!! I hope the trip report WILL be exciting as the pre-trip one is finished. :rofl2: Well, I guess I can add when I leave that we're on the way. :banana: Can't wait, can't wait!!!

I have been able to request Ken before. Another good one is Donnell.

Have a great time! Looking forward to seeing your report unfold.

Cool! Then I'll be putting in a request for Ken and if he's not there I'll definately ask for Donnell and tell him he was highly recommended! And thanks for the nice words!

I'm so happy for you - I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time! I'm a cabineer as well, but this year we rented an RV. Both are great options for those of us who don't have our own RV!

We enjoyed Plaza Restaurant as well - I'm surprised it's not more popular.

Hi Linda! You sound so much like me. I am about to post my pre-trip report for September. I tend to ramble, and was told so over on that" other" site! lol Thankfully people here are so much nicer! ( btw the way I dont think u ramble) I also have kids with certain needs. We are doing a cabin also but going in September. I cant wait to read more . If there is anything you want me to check out for you let me know. I hear they got new Tv's in the cabins. I will take a pic for you if you like.

I will get my first installment up tonight. I gotta go refresh myself on photobucket.

I totally agree with you about traveling with extended family!

Good start , keep it coming!

Hi Linda! You sound so much like me. I am about to post my pre-trip report for September. I tend to ramble, and was told so over on that" other" site! lol Thankfully people here are so much nicer! ( btw the way I dont think u ramble) I also have kids with certain needs. We are doing a cabin also but going in September. I cant wait to read more . If there is anything you want me to check out for you let me know. I hear they got new Tv's in the cabins. I will take a pic for you if you like.

I will get my first installment up tonight. I gotta go refresh myself on photobucket.

Glad your still around, I noticed you were absent for a minute :) Dont forget I want a picture of the six seater! I'm trying to figure out how to decorate the thing like a princess carraige for the Halloween parade, would I be over extending my welcome if I ask you to get me some dimensions? :rofl2:

Glad your still around, I noticed you were absent for a minute :) Dont forget I want a picture of the six seater! I'm trying to figure out how to decorate the thing like a princess carraige for the Halloween parade, would I be over extending my welcome if I ask you to get me some dimensions? :rofl2:

No problem! I am all about the details myself . I will get video pics and measurements. I will see if the roof is magentic so you can see if you can use magnetic hooks to put your decorations up. ( that might sound silly to those who have carts lol . I figured t was a good idea to check in case we needed to put a clear curtain up with rain)

Love your idea btw! You will have to post a ton of pics when you are done. I wasnt absent , just lurking. You all wont be able to get rid of me now ! lol

You know what I use for a lot ofthings these days is foam board. Its easy to carve out details.

Okay sorry Linda for the hijack.

No problem! I am all about the details myself . I will get video pics and measurements. I will see if the roof is magentic so you can see if you can use magnetic hooks to put your decorations up. ( that might sound silly to those who have carts lol . I figured t was a good idea to check in case we needed to put a clear curtain up with rain)

Love your idea btw! You will have to post a ton of pics when you are done. I wasnt absent , just lurking. You all wont be able to get rid of me now ! lol

You know what I use for a lot ofthings these days is foam board. Its easy to carve out details.

Okay sorry Linda for the hijack.

Your a saint!

and yes Linda, sorry! back to the regulary scheduled program!

I'm excited for y'all already, just reading your pre-tr! I guess you missed it, but Rita's not a cabin dweller anymore. We got a camper!

Great News on getting a camper! I'm so happy for you! Yeah, I know I've missed quite a bit; haven't been on much due to that ongoing problem I PMd you about a while back. I still hope to holler at ya while we're spinning around on the golf cart looking at all the Christmas decorations!

Sounds like a great trip is planned!! Can't wait to hear about it as it unfolds.

Thanks Dave! I hope I have loads of exciting stuff to report when I get there!

Sorry about the multiple posts; haven't figured out how to do the multiple quote thing. At least everyone's getting individualized attention. :rofl2:

I'm so happy for you - I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time! I'm a cabineer as well, but this year we rented an RV. Both are great options for those of us who don't have our own RV!

We enjoyed Plaza Restaurant as well - I'm surprised it's not more popular.

We loved the Plaza. I had the turkey sandwich and it was so yummy! Maybe one day in the future we'll try renting an RV. When we were kids we went to the mountains every year just before school and stayed in one of those campers you stick on the back of your pickup truck. I loved it.

I've been told I ramble (by my sister). She once called me and told me to tell her about our Gran's condition (she resides in a nursing home) in 12 words or less. I think I can assume that she thought I was too descriptive when I tried to tell her about Granny. On the other hand, she could have been being a big BUTTHEAD. :rolleyes: Thanks so much for offering to check things out for me. That's really sweet. Actually, there is one thing you could do if you would. I'll PM you about it. I'll be on the lookout for your pre-trip report too!

Hey Ya'll! I thought I'd try my hand at a little pre-trip report. I tried one on that other site but I think I was a bit TOO enthusiastic and included way too much info. At least 1 person said it made their hands hurt to look at all the typing I'd done. I like to type-what can I say......... Anywho, here goes.... OH and I 'borrowed' CeciliaKy's idea of using who, what, etc. I hope you don't mind!

"I", for one think it's a fantastic idea! emot-parrot.gif

We'll be staying at the cabins. Yep, we're some of THOSE folks. We were in the 2800 loop last time and have requested that loop this time too. I don't know for a fact but I'm assuming all the accessible cabins are in that loop. At least that's what the cast member that made my reservations lead me to believe.

wait. what?

cabin people have descriptive language attached? they're THOSE people?

oh. well. I didn't know that. unsure.gif I might need to stop my pre-trip report immediately, i may be one of those people before it's all said and done.

what's up with loop 2800? I can't remember which loop we were in last fall, but I don't think that's it. if it's where we need to be, I want to know, LOL!

I used to plan things - and then Rita would get involved an be a TOCDDQ (Total Obsessive Compulsive Disney Drama Queen) about planning. I would have to spend weeks making changes to any plans or reservations I had previously made - some times several times in one day. I've even had to go on-line while we were driving to Disney to make/change reservations. I've said that I'M not making any plans or reservations now or in the future other than for a site at The Fort ... If we decide we want to eat somewhere at Disney and we can't get a walk-up, there are plenty of other restaurants we like! One of them is bound to have room.