We did it! Dh talked them down to our price and put the deposit money down on our very first travel trailer! We'll go in later this week or next to sign the rest of the papers and see when we can bring it home. :heart:

This is so exciting! We were up forever last night talking about all the fun we'll have with it. :banana: The biggest reason we are buying this is WDW and the Fort. It's our happy place, and this makes it so much more affordable for our big family. We plan to take at least two 2 week trips down there each year, if not more. We'll take it on a few other trips as well, but The Fort will be our home away from home. 8)

Now, I will have a million questions for you all. You guys are going to get sick of me!

Ask away. Does it have slides? If it does and you can afford slide awnings by all means get them. When I was washing my roof yesterday I noticed how the roof of the slide has stayed brand new. It was the one thing the salesman told the truth about when he said I wouldn't be sorry for getting.

Congratulations! You're going to love it.

Go ahead and ask a million questions, we won't get sick of you. :)

Thanks, I am just beyond myself excited to get it here.

I've already posted 2 questions in the tech area. :))

Ask away. Does it have slides? If it does and you can afford slide awnings by all means get them. When I was washing my roof yesterday I noticed how the roof of the slide has stayed brand new. It was the one thing the salesman told the truth about when he said I wouldn't be sorry for getting.

Thanks for that tip. I'll tell DH your advice. :))

I'm so happy for you. We really need to get the Michigan Fiends together for a mini GG :banana:

That would be so much fun! Are there many more of us? I'll be asking about good Michigan campgrounds soon!

I am going to have questions for anyone up this way about getting the TT to WDW. I'll be posting that later in the getting to the fort area.

That would be so much fun! Are there many more of us? I'll be asking about good Michigan campgrounds soon!

I am going to have questions for anyone up this way about getting the TT to WDW. I'll be posting that later in the getting to the fort area.

I think there are about six of us in Michigan. I know that itch and bigdisneydaddy are in your area. :banana:

Awesome!! Can't wait to see pics. And I know what you mean about camping and large families. It's about the only way we could afford vacationing these days. Imagine the airfare and cost of a family suite or two hotel rooms?? Crazy!

Congratulations!

ETA: Nevermind about the pics...I saw them in the link on the other thread. Beautiful!!! We also have a Keystone TT and so far we love it.

Awesome!! Can't wait to see pics. And I know what you mean about camping and large families. It's about the only way we could afford vacationing these days. Imagine the airfare and cost of a family suite or two hotel rooms?? Crazy!

Congratulations!

ETA: Nevermind about the pics...I saw them in the link on the other thread. Beautiful!!! We also have a Keystone TT and so far we love it.

Am I reading right in your signature that you have 5, all girls? That's wonderful! We had 5 boys and then 1 girl. We aren't finding out what this one is.

Yeah, we would never have considered flying down, it would be crazy expensive. We have been doing 2 rooms at WDW or squeezing into a cabin and it is getting so expensive, especialy since the discounts aren't as good anymore. undecided.gif

Glad to hear your big family loves your TT. ;D

Congrats to you and your family!!! It does my heart good to sense how excited you guys are. My family and I felt the exact same way when we purchased our first camper back in '06. Prior to purchasing our own, we had been borrowing my in-laws camper. Nothing like owning your own rig!

You guys are going to have a blast, and it will definitely put an entirely different spin on how you enjoy your Fort trip!!!!!

Congrats to you and your family!!! It does my heart good to sense how excited you guys are. My family and I felt the exact same way when we purchased our first camper back in '06. Prior to purchasing our own, we had been borrowing my in-laws camper. Nothing like owning your own rig!

You guys are going to have a blast, and it will definitely put an entirely different spin on how you enjoy your Fort trip!!!!!

Thanks! I am just dying waiting to be able to bring it home now. :mh1: