LEGO Imagination Center at Downtown Disney Marketplace is conducting a renovation project that will increase its overall footprint by nearly 3,500 square-feet and add new LEGO exterior models of favorite Disney characters. Expect to see construction walls in the area. The project is expected to be complete in mid-April, 2011.

LEGO Imagination Center will operate in a temporary "pop-up" location between Once Upon A Toy and Earl of Sandwich.

Three buildings in Town Square are covered by printed tarps.

Saratoga Springs is installing a new pool at the Paddock. It will be three times as large as the old pool.

Yacht & Beach Dock

Routine maintenance at the Transportation Dock will be performed starting Feb. 28 through Mar 24th. While this work is being completed, FriendShip boat transportation to Epcot?, Disney?s Hollywood Studios? and neighboring resorts will not be available. We anticipate the dock to reopen in late March.

Bus transportation will be provided to Disney?s Hollywood Studios from the resort bus stop. Epcot, Disney?s BoardWalk Inn & Villas, and Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

Hotels are accessible by walking.

The Wilderness Lodge will be refurbishing it's bus area.

Two of the bus stops at MK are closed for refurbishment.

Blizzard Beach is closed for refurbishment until approx March 26

The PORS resort is going through a refurbishment to replace the double beds rooms with queen beds. The refurbishment work is expected to continue through Spring 2012.

The POFQ resort is currently going through a refurbishment to replace the double beds rooms with queen beds. The refurbishment work is expected to continue through April 2011.

Can you tell me why Vista Blvd is going to be closed from 2/7/11 until 3/11/11?

An advisory regarding the closure of Vista Blvd or Vista Rd has not popped up yet. That's a long time for a major bus route to be closed completely . I would think that an advisory would have been issued by now if the road is being closed on the 7th. Did you hear it from an official Disney source? Whenever a bus route is changed, bus drivers get an early warning and I haven't heard anything about it yet. I'll keep checking though. 

As you're driving on Vista Blvd going towards SR535 there is a flashing sign as you approach the 4-way stop.  As you're driving away from SR535, there is another flashing sign.  What puzzles me is that the flashing signs are less than an 1/8 of a mile apart.  :parrot:

If it's at the intersection of Vista Blvd & Bonnet Creek it must be new because I drove through there a couple of times on Thursday and didn't notice it.

That part of the road is not used by WDW buses and very few guests would need to use it, so maybe an advisory was not needed.

I'm hoping that's all it is.  When you are heading west on Vista Blvd and see the sign, it makes it appear as the whole road is going to be closed, though.  We'll know soon enough as we are heading to the Fort on 2/10.  We always come in from Bonnet Creek to Vista Blvd because DH does not like taking the MH through the MK toll plaza.

I drove through the Bonnet Creek Pkwy & Vista Blvd intersection today and no road closure sign there.

The signs are down by the day care center and a back bus entrance to the PORS resort.  I'm serious when I say they are about 1/8 of a mile apart when you're going west & east.  If you're going east, they are about 1/3 mile or less from the 4-way stop sign.

• 3 weeks later...

While we were there the first week of Feb they dug up the hole at the entrance to the 300 loop and fixed stuff, then patched the pavement in that spot.  Got it all done in one day.  I've got pictures.  Y'all will have to wait till I get back from Mexico, and figure out how to post pictures.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Lego is all closed off at DTD.  They also have been busy demolishing the buildings for the revamp of pleasure island.  They have a really sad Lego store next to the toy store near the pin station until the new one is opened.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting that they're putting so much work into the Lego store with the new Legoland park opening later this year at the old Cypress Gardens.

It doesn't surprise me at all.  Legoland is just far enough away that guests staying at the World might think twice about going to it. It's about a 45 minute drive.  Lego is very smart for keeping a store at DTD. Why give up a captive audience?

• 1 month later...

Disney says it plans to transform 512 rooms in the "Riverside" section of Disney's Port Orleans Resort into "Royal Rooms." Billed as rooms that the princesses themselves have stayed in during vacations, they will include many nods to the animated heroines, from bathroom faucets in the shape of Aladdin's genie lamp to the footstool that came to life as a dog in Beauty in the Beast.  In addition, Disney is banking on the princess makeover to ensure that travelers remain willing to pay a premium to stay at Port Orleans, which, like Caribbean Beach, is priced as a "moderate" resort, Disney's middle tier. Those rooms will be among the most vulnerable to losing business to the new Art of Animation Resort, a lower-priced, "value" hotel. Art of Animation, which will have 1,120 family suites and 864 regular rooms, will open in phases beginning in May 2012.

Rucker said Disney is also developing new plans for the suites in its deluxe hotels ? beginning with 23 in Disney's Contemporary Resort that will be refurbished to attract health-conscious travelers. Disney says it will convert the entire 14th floor of that hotel to a health-and-wellness theme, complete with a private yoga studio, custom-designed menus, and concierge services.  The rooms themselves will be outfitted with amenities such as bamboo floors, low-allergen pillows and mattresses, exercise equipment and massage tables. Disney says it expects the suites to open by November.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-disney-princess-hotel-rooms-20110425,0,89771.story

Interesting that they're putting so much work into the Lego store with the new Legoland park opening later this year at the old Cypress Gardens.

I did not know this.  You are going to make a couple of kiddos very happy here.  I have 2 that LOVE legos and want to go to CA to Legoland.  Maybe I can plan for next year and possible keep it as a surprise?!