I wondered if anyone had FW rules for personal carts? I'm certain that I've seen specific guidelines somewhere about what was acceptable & what wasn't but can't find it anywhere now and thought it might be a good thing to have posted somewhere.

I wouldn't even have thought of it except that DH was planning to install a rear seat before our halloween trip but, due to his recent open heart surgery & restrictions on lifting, that may not happen in time now. Do you think I could sit the two DDs in the cargo bed which has sides and a tailgate or is that a FW no-no?

THanks Rita. I guess in a pinch we could take the cargo bed off. I know he'll be taking some tools along anyway even if he's not supposed to use them. :popo:

LOL it wouldn't be camping if we didn't need to use some sort of tool during the trip... :rofl2:

Here is a link to the Fort Fiends "Golf Cart Page!"

As far as what's "really" allowed, when we were there I didn't seen them keeping anyone from driving whatever whenever they wanted. We saw jacked up carts, gators, gem cars you name it. ymmv

I think that has changed as well. I haven't seen a "non" golf cart since Tuesday. There have been jacked/customized "golf carts" but no gators, modified utility carts etc.

We've just got a standard electric ezgo - just has a cargo bed on the back instead of a seat. Not that different than a flip flop rear seat folded out. I don't consider it a utility cart, especially with the sparkle paint and flames but wonder if FW would... we sold the cart in the pic earlier this month before we knew DH would need open heart surgery and be unable to finish his on schedule...

was there over the weekend, the only rule was chaos , atv, utility vehicles, motorcycles, if it had wheels it was there and security said nothing.

Totally ridiculious. We were there in May on the 800 loop and a father and his son had thier ATV's out behind the sites making a make shift track. Everytime the poo poo came they hid then came back. it will never change :angry:

We've just got a standard electric ezgo - just has a cargo bed on the back instead of a seat. Not that different than a flip flop rear seat folded out.

I think they'd still likely consider that a golf cart, especially since it's electric.

"Utility vehicle" is more the mules and atv-type vehicles - stuff that tends to be bigger, higher and/or louder.

But you know that even though all those other vehicles are breaking the golf cart rules, that you'll be the one that they'll enforce the rules on and revoke your golf cart privileges.

The problem is that the rules state that all passengers must have a seat

That's ok, I've got you covered. I have 2 stadium seats that we can jury rig onto the cargo bed.

Some of the gas driven ones are rather annoying, especially at night or early morning. Most aren't designed to run as quiet as a gas golf cart.

I know the ranger and the mule are louder then my yamaha gas cart. Most people are surprised how quite my gas cart is.

Totally ridiculious. We were there in May on the 800 loop and a father and his son had thier ATV's out behind the sites making a make shift track. Everytime the poo poo came they hid then came back. it will never change :angry:

well at least I sent a email to Meg Crofton with my specific complaints , probably get a form letter response

Great idea! Thanks Lou. We sure could rig some stadium seats in there if neccessary. I'm hoping that in the 6 weeks between now & our trip, DH'll be feeling much better and we can get a flip-flop seat installed. After the past two years we've had though, I'm starting to anticipate & make alternate plans more than I ever did before...