I convinced my DH that we should get a golf cart to use around the new house and to have at the fort(ok that was the real reason but the other sounded good :dance: ). I was thinking about getting a 6seater but he doesn't want one that big plus they are expensive. So would the fort popo come and get us if we have 3 people in the front plus a baby in the lap and 3 kids in the back seat with a baby in the lap? So there would be 8 of us all together.

Any suggestions as carts to buy are they all pretty much the same?

Thanks,

Baby's butts don't count, but otherwise as long as all the other ones have actual seats, you should be ok with Disney PoPo.

Just drive super extra carefully. Carts that are pushing their load limit can be a bit unstable if you push them too much.

I'll let the cart experts chime in on the last bit. :)

Just picturing that in my head scared me to pieces!

Am I understanding that there are two babies? One in the front in your lap along with another child in the middle (which would probably be ok) and another baby in the back with three other children seated on one of their laps?

I wouldn't. That sounds very risky to me.

Incidentally, last year, we witnessed an older child who was seated properly fall off their cart when the dad took a turn a little too fast.

Hmmm.. we have this dilemma in our family of seven, I think 6 seater, daddy says he'd rather do without if that is the case. I would not feel safe with a baby on the back at all, 3 older kids sure, but not the baby. Some of the roads at the fort made me nervous last year, I don't worry about my driving, but other people are just plain crazy!! We will probably only end up with a four seater but we will either take turns or my 3 big guys on the back and I'll hold the babies in my lap while daddy drives. I did get caught by Disney po po last year for going around the trading post area with my son in my lap. All of the big kids wanted to sit in the back and daddy wasnt with us, so I know they will indeed stop you if the driver is holding a baby (rightfully so, I just wasnt thinking) :siren:

Thanks for the replies! I think :mellow: ....Yes there are two babies they are turning 1 next week :highfive: . I probably should of said my other kids ages my oldest DD will be 16 next month, next is DD 12, then DS 10 and DS 7 and then the babies. My oldest DD is better with the twins than my DH so she would be one of the ones holding a baby and I would have the other(this will be how it will work for the rides at the parks as well). We are pretty familiar with the fort but we haven't been in a couple of years so I wasn't sure if the rules have changed.

Yes we are crazy but we have been to the parks more times than I can count so we don't plan on spending all day at the parks instead we will be chilling at the fort.

Thanks again,

Thanks for the replies! I think :mellow: ....Yes there are two babies they are turning 1 next week :highfive: . I probably should of said my other kids ages my oldest DD will be 16 next month, next is DD 12, then DS 10 and DS 7 and then the babies. My oldest DD is better with the twins than my DH so she would be one of the ones holding a baby and I would have the other(this will be how it will work for the rides at the parks as well). We are pretty familiar with the fort but we haven't been in a couple of years so I wasn't sure if the rules have changed.

Yes we are crazy but we have been to the parks more times than I can count so we don't plan on spending all day at the parks instead we will be chilling at the fort.

Thanks again,

that's so sweet, yea for the twins, that is the cutest age evah! I know what you mean about DD, my DD11 can run circle around daddy with my little ones, 1 and 2 :rofl2:

So would the fort popo come and get us if we have 3 people in the front plus a baby in the lap and 3 kids in the back seat with a baby in the lap? So there would be 8 of us all together.

The official rules provide the answer to your question:

newfwgolfcartrulesp2001.jpg

The fourth bullet under General Cart Rules says it's OK for young children to ride on passengers' laps "while being secured by the passenger."

Whatever that means.

According to the official rules, lap riding is OK for young children.

TCD

The official rules provide the answer to your question:

newfwgolfcartrulesp2001.jpg

The fourth bullet under General Cart Rules says it's OK for young children to ride on passengers' laps "while being secured by the passenger."

Whatever that means.

According to the official rules, lap riding is OK for young children.

TCD

I knew you'd have a picture for that!! :rofl2: