From the Disney Food Blog...

News: Hoop Dee Doo Revue Changes in Walt Disney World

Sep 11th, 2011

by AJ.

Disney World’s Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue Dinner Show has undergone some significant changes over the past few weeks. Due to contractual, copyright, and legal issues, some of the show’s songs have been eliminated from the performance — including the well known “Hoop Dee Doo Polka” that started every show!

Here’s its replacement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT773H2b3Os

See the full brand new version of Hoop Dee Doo Revue here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClfzctaJZ_M

Hope the Strawberry Shortcake song isn’t going anywhere…! See our review of the food here.

Boo!

You probably already know my thoughts on the HDDR even before these changes, as I created a venting thread on the matter.

It used to be my favorite thing at Disney...a magical evening I loved sharing with my family.

And then while planning our next trip, I got angry about the price I was quoted, and along with the rumored cast changes (such as our Six Bits being canned) I decided not to go back on this next trip.

And now THIS??

Boo!!!

Boo!

You probably already know my thoughts on the HDDR even before these changes, as I created a venting thread on the matter.

It used to be my favorite thing at Disney...a magical evening I loved sharing with my family.

And then while planning our next trip, I got angry about the price I was quoted, and along with the rumored cast changes (such as our Six Bits being canned) I decided not to go back on this next trip.

And now THIS??

Boo!!!

I agree. When we went back in January 2010, it was our first trip to Disney as a family (actually still is hoping to change that though) and my dh and ds were not as excited as I was about the whole trip. DH's biggest thing was the entire cost of the trip. So, I crunched numbers and was able to get us a trip that would fit a price he found acceptable. We would stay at the cabins and be able to eat meals here saving money( in theory it was a good idea, but only works if you stick to the plan :rofl2:) The only request I made for the entire trip was that I wanted us to go to eat at Hoop Dee Doo. I had heard wonderful reviews from friends. So, we ended up going one night. The only one truly looking forward to it was me. Afterwards everyone agreed it was well worth it. Now, as I watch the video I am thankful that we did get the opportunity to see the show before these changes.

I know we all blame Dave for everything, but I think this is my fault, I finally convinced my Dave to foot the bill.. and they change the darn thing.. my karma needs re-wired. We have watched many a you tube videos of the old show and it looks like so much fun and the Hoop Dee Doo Polka was a big part of that.. the new video is a noticeable difference even for someone without first hand experience, so now I'm thinking can HDDR all together and just do the darn MNSSHP on the 1st with the rest of the fiends.. :unsure:

oh yes, a interesting note, up until yesterday the 7:15 show had been sold out on 10/29, all of a sudden all 3 shows that day are available.. wonder if people are REALLY canceling becuase of the changes?

I agree. When we went back in January 2010, it was our first trip to Disney as a family (actually still is hoping to change that though) and my dh and ds were not as excited as I was about the whole trip. DH's biggest thing was the entire cost of the trip. So, I crunched numbers and was able to get us a trip that would fit a price he found acceptable. We would stay at the cabins and be able to eat meals here saving money( in theory it was a good idea, but only works if you stick to the plan :rofl2:) The only request I made for the entire trip was that I wanted us to go to eat at Hoop Dee Doo. I had heard wonderful reviews from friends. So, we ended up going one night. The only one truly looking forward to it was me. Afterwards everyone agreed it was well worth it. Now, as I watch the video I am thankful that we did get the opportunity to see the show before these changes.

I think our husbands have alot more in common than we know :rofl2:

Oh, and one other thought.

We've heard for a long time that Disney may have had copyright issues with the HDD Polka and some other songs. I cannot believe that if Disney management had any sense of trying to preserve what is left from the golden years of WDW...and I would include the HDDR in that category, that they couldn't have worked out an agreement to purchase the rights to those songs.

They could afford the freaking Muppets for crying out loud! They bought the rights to Star Wars from Lucasfilm! None of that can be cheap. Disney has the cash to buy the rights to a stinkin polka song from the 50's that would be long forgotten were it not for the stupid HDDR in the first place! They just chose to take the cheap highway, which sadly has become the norm at the Fort, all while they have raised the average price of a campsite by 50% in the past 5 years by my estimates.

Give me a break.

Oh, but I am still looking forward to my next camping trip to the Fort! :dance: I must be a damn fool.

Rats. We *finally* booked our HDDR event for next trip, dang it. We seriously should have done it sooner..... why did we wait?? Dang. Well, at least we didn't see it before, and I won't look at the youtube videos, so perhaps we won't notice..... ya think??

Same here. I started to watch the video and stopped for that same reason. We changed our dinner show from SOA at the Poly to do the Hoop. Starting to wonder if we may have made a mistake? I'm sure the kids will like it, but I was the one that wanted to do a dinner show this time. There is still time to change it, we'll see.

Rats. We *finally* booked our HDDR event for next trip, dang it. We seriously should have done it sooner..... why did we wait?? Dang. Well, at least we didn't see it before, and I won't look at the youtube videos, so perhaps we won't notice..... ya think??

Same here. I started to watch the video and stopped for that same reason. We changed our dinner show from SOA at the Poly to do the Hoop. Starting to wonder if we may have made a mistake? I'm sure the kids will like it, but I was the one that wanted to do a dinner show this time. There is still time to change it, we'll see.

Listen...don't let grouchy me sway you. I would bet that the show is still a great time, and the food looks the same which I have always enjoyed. If I could swing the cost for my family right now I'd probably still book it.

But if it sucks, don't come crying to me. :rofl2:

;)