Resort level comparison

Add me on the dole whip run, please, pretty please!! I have never had one. My first one at 3 am.stock-vector-smiley-ball-with-pink-ice-cream-29275447.jpg

I'll throw the third row in mine we can hold 8 total!

It's no longer a plan.. it's now a MISSION!!!

Dole Whips at 3am or bust!

Is Stef coming? Because then it's 3am AND....

well you know.

:heart: :rofl2: :heart: :rofl2: a

Do they have to be leashed or just on voice commands?

Do you want to see their shot records?

Leashes, shots and probably muzzles too.

It's no longer a plan.. it's now a MISSION!!!

Dole Whips at 3am or bust!

Is Stef coming? Because then it's 3am AND....

well you know.

:heart: :rofl2: :heart: :rofl2:

BOOBIES! :raspberry2:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For us something to consider when choosing a deluxe resort as opposed to a moderate would be the balcony. We like the extra outdoor space to enjoy morning coffee or a drink in the evening. Good people watching too! Gives us additional space. Not sure if that was included in the driveway computations? Also..while the WL and the AKL are considered deluxe they are not as large as say a room at the Poly. Being one of the older resorts the Polynesian rooms are larger than the rooms in other Deluxes. A room in the Tokelau building at the Polynesian is significantly larger than those at the WL. The Polynesian balconies are also larger than those at the WL or AKL, and some of the balconies at the Yacht and Beach Club are stand up only.

For us something to consider when choosing a deluxe resort as opposed to a moderate would be the balcony. We like the extra outdoor space to enjoy morning coffee or a drink in the evening. Good people watching too! Gives us additional space. Not sure if that was included in the driveway computations? Also..while the WL and the AKL are considered deluxe they are not as large as say a room at the Poly. Being one of the older resorts the Polynesian rooms are larger than the rooms in other Deluxes. A room in the Tokelau building at the Polynesian is significantly larger than those at the WL. The Polynesian balconies are also larger than those at the WL or AKL, and some of the balconies at the Yacht and Beach Club are stand up only.

Those are really good points! We were in a Deluxe room at WL, aka junior suite, it was not large at all and barely had enough for 2 people to stand on the balcony.

Those are really good points! We were in a Deluxe room at WL, aka junior suite, it was not large at all and barely had enough for 2 people to stand on the balcony.
I've seen the junior suites at the WL when my mom and sister stayed in one with the kids a few years back. The balcony was awful, you couldn't see over it unless you were standing as it had a stone front. Even then you were looking straight into the trees. The view was obstructed by the tress and foilage that had grown. If I were choosing a room for the extra space, I'd go with a Polynesian room in Tokelau (it's one of the original buildings and the rooms are larger). You have the two queen beds and then a very spacious sofa bed. (similair to the jack knifes in RV's..but wider and longer. It isn't like the pull out sofa that the WL rooms offer. Only a child could sleep on those. From what my sister told me, they were uncomfortable and small. We've had rooms in the Yacht and Beach Club and found those rooms the size of the WL rooms. Maybe a little bigger, but not by a significant amount. They do offer a sofa bed that the WL and AKL rooms don't ..but it takes up more floor space. Maybe that's why they seem smaller to me. Additionally, we had requested a change of rooms as the orginal room we were assigned had a balcony where you could only stand. Again, one of main reasons we choose a Deluxe is to enjoy the balcony. Where as the Poly rooms with the Sofa bed offer more of a sitting area within the room. It was the sofa and two chairs and a table near to where the sliding doors to the balcony are located. We like this particular building as it looks out to the quiet pool and offers a lovely view. All that being said, we did stay at the WL for one night this past November. The ambience and the theme add to the Disney Christmastime experience.

Oh..and just wanted to add that we have NEVER paid the rack rates for rooms. Whether they were moderate or Deluxe. We always have some type of discount..or we don't go. While I love the resorts, none of them are worth the rack rates charged in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...