Why is it that at The Fort you can only get life jackets for the pool from the bike barn and then they take your key to the world card until you bring it back? So, if we want a lifejacket for one of the kids and want to keep it to use it in the evening, we won't get our KTTW card back until the bike barn opens again the next day. If we want a life jacket after they close (always 5pm it seems like), we are out of luck.

All the values and moderates have them out by the pools all the time. The deluxes let you get one and keep one for your length of stay, they just take your credit card # in case you don't bring it back. What the heck is wrong with The Fort? It really irritates me. :angry:

It's been a long time since anyone in my crew has needed a life jacket at the pool, so this is news to me.

They used to just have a big box of life jackets at the pool.

I personally witnessed a lot of abuse of those after the lifeguards went off duty. I would imagine that the life jackets wandered off too.

I guess it's the same reason we don't get towels at the pool.

We are scummy campers who cannot be trusted.

I would take up the KTTW thing with management. It's not right that they keep it overnight.

TCD

If they managed the "locals" and other people using The Fort's pools while not actually staying at the fort, their might be less stuff wandering off, BUTT, there always has to be an ass in there somewhere and some Jackwagon campers would spoil it again.

I would think the same thing would happen at the values and moderates, that a lot of life jackets would never get brought back. yet they still put them out there day and night. Do they really think of campers as less than the people who stay at values? Most sites cost nearly the same or the same as a value room. Cabins are around $300 a night!

Why can't the Fort just take your credit card # and charge you if you don't bring it back?

I did discuss it with them and the lady at the bike barn was very rude (and apparently she WAS the manager in that area). I called the front desk about the situation and asked to speak with a manager and no one ever called back. I didn't feel like dealing with it the whole trip so i just dropped it.

Do you think I should say something at check in? Just innocently ask about getting life jackets after the bike barn is closed and see what they say? Then press the issue further if needed?

When we bring the travel trailer next trip, we will be bringing our own life jackets, but it's still annoying. The towel thing is too. :argh:

I think bringing your own is the way to go. I don't think I would want my son (when he needed a life jacket) to wear something that God knows how many other people have worn. I would also wonder about how Disney sanitizes them at the end of the day.

Do you think I should say something at check in? Just innocently ask about getting life jackets after the bike barn is closed and see what they say? Then press the issue further if needed?

When we bring the travel trailer next trip, we will be bringing our own life jackets, but it's still annoying. The towel thing is too. :argh:

When our grandson was with us last May we saw people at the pool with a life jacket on their toddler. We asked about where to find the life jackets and they told us to go down to the marina and get one out of the box. So...that's what we did and we kept it for our entire stay. Nobody said anything, but, I would imagine if everybody started doing that then the marina people would get a little bit upset. When asked, the lifeguards didn't even tell us about going to the bike barn to get life jackets.

Not having towels at the pool really bugs me.... :angry:

People who are not staying at the Fort and using the pool makes me more angry.... :argh: :argh:

But worse is the jacka$$ who put their things on tables and chairs to "reserve" them and then never show up until afternoon.

Sometimes those things have been known to disappear from the shaded chairs and table and end up on a chair out in the middle of the hot sun! :popo:

All I can gather is...when TCD's kids were little they had lifejackets sitting out at the Fort pool. And now they do not.

So my incredible investigative skills have led me to conclude that: TCD stole all the lifejackets!

If you are looking for someone to blame, there ya go.

Oh, and as far as campers not being trustworthy. At the COE campground we like to camp at, they have lifejackets at the beach hanging on hooks for anyone to use. No lifeguard. No one monitoring at all. And they are always there. People use them and put them back. So the US Government trusts us campers more than Disney does. I don't know what to think about that. :blink:

All I can gather is...when TCD's kids were little they had lifejackets sitting out at the Fort pool. And now they do not.

So my incredible investigative skills have led me to conclude that: TCD stole all the lifejackets!

Oh, and as far as campers not being trustworthy. At the COE campground we like to camp at, they have lifejackets at the beach hanging on hooks for anyone to use. No lifeguard. No one monitoring at all. And they are always there. People use them and put them back. So the US Government trusts us campers more than Disney does. I don't know what to think about that. :blink:

While it is hard for me to argue with the linear thinking of a beancounter, it wasn't me.

The fact of the matter is that I don't think we ever used the life jackets. My girls could all swim before they could walk.

So, on this one I plead some other dude did it.

TCD

I thought the only thing TCD did wrong at the pool was to give Snarkey advise on towels to new campers! And look what happened! Thanks TCD! :dance: