• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought the greatest campground bathroom deserved a post of it's own. The shower has a couple jets coming out by the faucet in addition to the overhead shower head which give an experience that is

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. We are actually in the Smokies right now. It's the one place we can all agree on when we need to choose somewhere to go for a weekend away. My son's fall break was at the end of this last week and Monday of the coming week. Unfortunately being that he had football practice we really could only go somewhere for the weekend. So, we chose to go to Gatlinburg. Hubby did not want to take the camper for such a short trip so, we are in town at Jack Huff's Lodge. I am thinking of taking the trolley into the Smoky Mountains tomorrow if I have time.

Haven't been to Dollywood in about 5 years I just may need to plan a trip there soon.

great report. As most know, the smokies are our favorite vacation destination and Dollywood is our favorite theme park, (sorry Walt) It's like a whole different world with the hospitality, the cheaper food prices and the attention to detail at the park. At one time a cast member even asked if this was enough ice in our soda and then asked if we would like the wrapper taken off our straw. The best part was for a large coke she said,"That will be $1.50 sir" There are many great campgrounds there. It just depends on what you like either to be close to town and less wooded sites, or off the beaton path and experience the peace and quiet of the smokies. You have me wanting to go back now :(

This is quickly becoming our favorite place to, it's close, not outrageously expensive and your right about the hospitality. We will probably buy annual passes next year for Dollywood. $149 bucks for an adult.. (even cheaper if you buy early) you can't beat that!!!