Girls only Fort and Fort Fiends Dream Cruise

I am finally getting around to doing our trip report for the weeks of August 27 to the Fort Fiend Dream Cruise on September 4, 2011

I was not so sure this trip was even going to happen. First we had an earthquake, then threats of hurricanes and then Hurricane Irene was about to shut the airport. Had a 6:55 AM flight out of Philadelphia and made it out just in time before they shut the Philadelphia airport. I was really beginning to think we were going to have a locust swarm on the way down. This was a girls only trip including me, my mother, sister and daughter. I have to say that this trip had to be one of the best vacations I have ever had. It gave me time to spend with my mother, my sister that I don’t see very often and a wonderful bonding experience with my soon to be married daughter.

DSCN3028.jpg

We arrived in Orlando and rented a car and did some grocery shopping.

SAM_0041.jpg

Got to the fort and checked and headed to our site. We rented a 5th wheel from Camp at the Fort. It was all set up and ready for us when we arrived on site 1637. Site was nice but narrow.

DSCN3243-1.jpgDSCN3881.jpg

DSCN3242.jpg

The fort was not very crowded. Many empty sites. Air conditioning on and even two cases of bottled water that I requested. AWSOME!!!! We unpacked, ate lunch and headed to Downtown Disney to return the car and meet a friend that had moved to the Orlando area.

SAM_0044.jpgSAM_0054.jpgSAM_0047.jpg

Headed back to the fort early as we were so beat. We had all gotten up at 3:00 AM to be at the airport by 5:00 AM so we wanted to turn in early. Had dinner at Trails End and headed to bed.

Tomorrow - Epcot

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am finally getting around to doing our trip report for the weeks of August 27 to the Fort Fiend Dream Cruise on September 4, 2011 I was not so sure this trip was even going to happen. First we had

Wow, what a lot of natural disasters before your trip!

But, you made it to the Fort safely, and it looks like your trip got off to a great start once you arrived. The big smiles on everyone's faces in the photos tell me that you all were having fun!

I think it's great that you got to travel with your mom, sister, and daughter. What a great thing for your mom. And your daughter. And your sister. And you! How often will y'all have a chance to do that? Good for you!

I'm looking forward to the rest of your report!

TCD

Day 2, Sunday, August 28, 2011 Epcot

Well my sister is known for being on the slow side so it was almost 11 before we ever left the Fort. She had not been to WDW since we were kids when all that was there was the Magic Kingdom and River Country so it was all new to her. We packed our lunch. We took the boat over to the Magic Kingdom and then the monorail to the transportation center and then to Epcot. My sister wanted to ride the monorail and that was probably the only time we would get to ride it so off we went.

DSCN3030.jpg

DSCN3032.jpg

We got to Epcot and dd and I ran to get fast passes for Soarin. We did dd favorite, spaceship earth and then headed to the world showcase.

DSCN3033.jpg

SAM_0113.jpgMy dd always loved Epcot even as a kid and couldn’t wait to the the Kidcot Stops.

DSCN3072.jpg

SAM_0141.jpgSAM_0156.jpgSAM_0171.jpgShe tried on hats at every country.

DSC00028.jpg

She even got her Beer Goggles on in Germany. DSC00030.jpg

My sister got to enjoy her beer as well.

SAM_0121.jpgSAM_0123.jpgSAM_0177.jpgI just love the Mexico pavilion. Not a great pic but still brings me back.

Finshed the countries and then headed to do Soarin before staking out a spot for Illuminations and then headed back to the fort for a late dinner. Tomorrow Magic Kingdom.

August 29th Day three Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom day.

DSCN3231.jpg

DSCN3114.jpg

Again late getting started. It wasn’t like I wasn’t up early enough. We again packed lunch. Anyway headed straight to space mountain for a fast pass and met mom and sister back on main street. Headed over to Adventure land first. Hit the Jungle Cruise first, then the Tiki room and then Pirates. Got my daughter her pirate princess ears and a shirt and then off to the Country Bears and then got caught in a downpour.

DSCN3158.jpg

We ducked into the Hall of Presidents and waited out the rain.

DSCN3159.jpg

When we came out we were just in time to get a spot for the parade. I have never seen a parade from Liberty Square so this was a first for me.

DSCN3161.jpgHeaded over to Splash mountain. That and Big Thunder Mountain were closed due to the rain. We were able to get back to do Splash Mountain but BTM never opened again while we were in the area.

DSCN3225.jpg

DSCN3221.jpgDSCN3223.jpg

Of course we stopped for those picture ops along the way. Walked through Fantasyland. Was amazed that the most lines were in this area. Was interesting to see all the signs for the New Fantasyland. Guess that means I will have to take another trip when it is all done. We didn’t do anything in Fantasyland but headed over to Space Mountain before heading back to the fort for dinner.

Now if I can just figure out a way to keep my sister OUT of the gift shops. She spends at least a half hour or more in each one. At this pace, we are never going to get to see and do everything we want. Tomorrow - Animal Kingdom

Continuation of Day three - Magic Kingdom

We had planned to go back to the Magic Kingdom to see the fireworks and the Electric parade. We waited for a bus for about half an hour and by the time it was 8:30 we gave up and went back to the campsite. We decided to head over to the pool and the campfire.

DSCN3533.jpg

I was disappointed that the new slide closed at 8:00. I was so looking forward to trying it out. However we got to go in the hot tub and the pool. Our feet were so sore already and our bodies ached. Yeah i know, were old. What can i say.

DSCN3711.jpg

DSCN3706.jpg

Had a wonderful evening and we enjoyed ourselves. Headed back to get some sleep. Tomorrow Animal Kingdom.