Lots of Firsts and Better Late Than Never

More BB photos

Kim, like H, Lance got a lot of "behind" pictures of me. :facepalm:

DSC00493.jpg

Breakfast: rolls with butter, onions, poppy seeds, mustard, worcestershire sauce, ham, and swiss cheese. Love these things! I made up two batches and froze them before we left TN, but some of the ice melted in the cooler and one of the batches got wet. :(

DSC00510.jpg

1. At least you have a bag covering yours. ;D I finally told H he'd better NOT take any more booty photos or else!!! It didn't do any good. lol.

2. Yummy! I make these every Christmas Eve for our get together at my Grandma's house. IF there are any leftovers (usually there aren't) we have them for breakfast on Christmas morning. In our house they're known as Glory Burgers. :rofl2:

Ok, I just gotta say...I've let 12 hours pass since reading last night's installment, and I'm still drooling over those breakfast rolls.

Just sayin.

Hmm.... Glory Burgers and pie with a "kick" for the next GG??

Liv...GREAT report! You look adorable even before taming the beast. Your after is absolutely beautiful! :heart:

I can't wait to meet ya'll in person, although, sometimes I forget I haven't already! You're family is precious!!!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree that it does look like a mickey head that was stepped on an peed itself.

Cool! I didn't know walking them was allowed! Maybe I will "walk/run" a marathon one day afterall. ;D

:bravo: Now I have to do it twice - once in Jan and once in Feb.

I love your noseyness!

Grammy had some food in the cabinet and asked me to cook it so it wouldn't go bad as the camper won't be used again before next spring. :( There was some Velvetta Shells and cheese so I did make it to go with our GAG. One of the sides I ordered was slaw...for the boys. Gretchen and I aren't slaw people and I wanted something besides mashed taters and gravy and biscuits. So like I true southerner, I added another starch. I did not know cowboy beans were an option or I would have gotten them! They were not on the menu and I didn't think to ask if they had them.

Sweet tea was in the pyrex thingie. The only other container we had for drinks was full of lemonade. Remember we don't drink alcohol. ;)

It is a red solo cup with sweet tea in it.

Did I make punch? If lemonade is considered a punch, then yes. If not, then no.

Man, I just made myself hungry looking at that photo and hearing your description.

I'm thinking it's time for another trip to the Fort for the TCD gang!

No matter what, I am going to make it over to meet y'all the next time you visit the Fort.

And, I'll try to remember to visit at meal-time.

TCD

Ok, somehow I missed a bunch of installments, but I'm caught up now.

First, AWESOME JOB on the race! I still can't believe you ran your first half-mary in the middle of the night! You totally rock.

Second, I love the story about the GPS. I too would have totally freaked out without my watch, even more so with your race plan. Your family rocks for getting it to you just in the nick of time!

Third, I can't believe you didn't have any fuel during the race and didn't pig out when you got done.

(Losing count now...) More random thoughts - I love that breakfast roll you had! We have them every year for Christmas and they are awesome.

What was that cooking for lunch?

Finally, I love the beast hair. Too much fun.

Thanks for an awesome trip report! I know it's not over yet, but you know I couldn't wait to hear about the race!

First, I can't either. It's past my bed time right now and I can hardly keep my eyes open. I definitely want to do a morning race some time.

Second, yeah I think my family rocks too...or at least that night I did. Just kidding...they rock all the time.

Third, just cause I didn't pig out right after the race does NOT mean I didn't pig out the week after...or the month after. .

Lunch was a pork tenderloin and orange juice...it was good!

The beast. It's a constant source of ridicule in my house. ::)

Yvonne, yes I agree all tea should be sugar with a little water and tea mixed it. ;)

I don't always use the banging and clanging method to awaken my family. Sometimes I sing, but that usually just causes them to roll over and put the pillow over their head while moaning and groaning.

Thank you for following along and adding your sweet comments. Oh! Another perk to home schooling is going to Disney whenever you want to! ;)

Ok, I just gotta say...I've let 12 hours pass since reading last night's installment, and I'm still drooling over those breakfast rolls.

Just sayin.

Every time I look at that picture I start drooling! Man, I love those things!!

Dave is there anything you don't drool over?question-mark.gif

We all know the answer to that question.

Thats a loaded question. :)

Oh mercy!

:rofl3:

1. At least you have a bag covering yours. ;D I finally told H he'd better NOT take any more booty photos or else!!! It didn't do any good. lol.

2. Yummy! I make these every Christmas Eve for our get together at my Grandma's house. IF there are any leftovers (usually there aren't) we have them for breakfast on Christmas morning. In our house they're known as Glory Burgers. :rofl2:

Hmm.... Glory Burgers and pie with a "kick" for the next GG??

Liv...GREAT report! You look adorable even before taming the beast. Your after is absolutely beautiful! :heart:

I can't wait to meet ya'll in person, although, sometimes I forget I haven't already! You're family is precious!!!

1. In this picture I am covered, but you should see the other 937 without being covered. No worries...I won't post all of them! :rofl2: I told Lance to stop too...it didn't work with him either. <_<

2. Yep, there is rarely any left overs of ham rolls. That's what we call them. I like Glory Burgers better even though my family won't know what in the world I'm talking about. :rofl3:

If Glory Burgers and your famous pie are being served at the next GG, I'll for sure be there!

Lordy mercy, you're so sweet. Thank you for your compliments. I feel like I know you already too! And your family is just precious! Can't wait to really meet...in real life.

Man, I just made myself hungry looking at that photo and hearing your description.

I'm thinking it's time for another trip to the Fort for the TCD gang!

No matter what, I am going to make it over to meet y'all the next time you visit the Fort.

And, I'll try to remember to visit at meal-time.

TCD

Lance said 100 times that camping makes you hungry. I agree.

I'm gonna hold you to it! Though Donnie has told me that too. Even when Grammy or I cook, he still doesn't show up. He never made it over this trip either. I'm trying not to take it personally, but how can I not? :rofl2:

oh dear, I'm going to need some more specific info on the breakfast roll things, and you were able to freeze a batch? LOVE that idea! Please share :jumpforjoy

I'll gladly post the recipe...after I've had some sleep.

Liv, Lance and I cannot help it if you and Kim are speed walkers! :rofl3:

That's not the real reason and you know it.

Liv, Lance and I cannot help it if you and Kim are speed walkers! :rofl3:

It's still not the real reason and you still know it. :rofl3:

Uh oh, H has Kimitis :rofl2:

It seems to run in the family. :rofl2:

He just double posted to kiss up to his wife.

After reading his next post, he best start kissing up to her!

I can't kiss up to my wife, stuuup!!! She's too short. :rofl3:

Uh-oh...somebody's sleepin' on the couch tonight. :))

Disney's Home School Days. We've participated in this event for the last 3 years and have not been disappointed. They do a good job. Here are some more pictures of the room we were in at EPCOT and the speakers. The theme this year was healthy eating.

DSC00540.jpg

DSC00541.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

DSC00545.jpg

DSC00548.jpg

DSC00549.jpg

DSC00550.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

DSC00560.jpg

DSC00561.jpg

DSC00563.jpg

DSC00562.jpg

DSC00565.jpg

DSC00566.jpg

DSC00570.jpg

DSC00574.jpg

After our class was over, we were free. We were so close to Soarin' we decided to go ahead and ride it before getting some lunch.

DSC00579.jpg

DSC00581.jpg

I have extreme motion sickness...even on Soarin'. I don't know if it was because I was just exhausted or what, but I did not do many of the rides on this trip. I just had a yucky feeling for days after the race.

We were all hungry and Lance and I wanted to try something different...not just a burger and fries. So, we headed to World Showcase.

DSC00582.jpg

DSC00583.jpg

DSC00585.jpg

We opted for something sweet first. Lance loves cannoli, but he was disappointed in the size.DSC00588.jpg

Gretchy had one too.

DSC00589.jpg

Gretchy got something else sweet, but because we don't have a picture of it and it's been so long, I can't recall what it was. Gage was bent on something savory first and none of us were overly impressed with the selection of the F & W menus. I did, however, get some creme brulee...LOVE that stuff!

DSC00590.jpg

In the end, we headed back to get the usual.

Deep fried fish and fries...just what someone who is already queasy and someone with gallbladder problem needs.

DSC00591.jpg

Gretchy had a couple of my fries and Gage got a burger and fries. It's a good thing we paid attention in that "healthy eating" class we had just left. :))

DSC00592.jpg

I don't know about y'all, but I like my bacon done...like crispy done. Not practically raw.

DSC00593.jpg

Gage has a stomach of steel. Me, not so much. I felt like S70 after her buttery pretzel experience. :-[

I was ready to go back to the camper and we were on our way, but I decided to try to tough it out. Especially after seeing this. :heart:

DSC00594.jpg

DSC00595.jpg

We were so close to the "golf ball" and I didn't think I'd get sick on it, so we decided to ride it before we left.

DSC00599.jpg

DSC00598.jpg

DSC00601.jpg

DSC00607.jpg

DSC00609.jpg

DSC00613.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

DSC00616.jpg

DSC00618.jpg

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00622.jpg

DSC00623.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

DSC00625.jpg

We always like to make goofy faces in the beginning just to be silly. I know...we need a life. Here is Lance and Gretchen. Gage & I didn't have a camera to document our goofy faces.

DSC00632.jpg

DSC00633.jpg

DSC00634.jpg

DSC00635.jpg

Okay, enough of that.

The kids BEGGED me to ride TT. I told them they could, but I wasn't. Somehow in the midst of that conversation, we wound up at the ice-cream shop. ???

DSC00641.jpg

Lance and I shared...even though I said I was not gonna eat any. :laugh:

DSC00642.jpg

Oooh Liv, sorry about your stomach. It stinks to feel sick when you're at WDW. Please tell me the ice cream made you feel better. I like to think that because Disney is such a magical place, even fried foods & ice cream are healthy!

I especially like the bit of ice cream that you were saving for later. ;)

If it makes you feel any better, I get sick on Soarin' too! It actually makes me feel off balance for a while afterward. There are so many rides at WDW that I don't even bother with because I get sick on them, but I still love to be there soaking up the atmosphere of the parks.

We should form a society. I can't ride a lot of the rides either. :(