TCD's Halloween 2011 Trip Report

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well here it comes! TCD's 12th Trip Report here on FF.net! I returned from the Fort almost a week ago, but I am just now getting around to getting this one kicked-off. I took me a while to come up wit

Hey TCD your one gator didn't stand up very well to the rain did it? I think I took this picture on Saturday when we were looping... maybe they all had too much of Stefa's punch? They seem to be lean

I agree, they should not sell Disney Princess costumes in old lady sizes. And that's all I have to say about that. Also, Andrew, you may want to position the two FSU blowups beside each other rather t

Posted Images

Do you have any sisters, Ashley?

If not, we could make you one an honorary TCD daughter, and you can hang out with the TCD girls the next time you are at the Fort.

I'll hang out with you dad and drink some Buds.

TCD

Nope no sisters! Would love to be an honorary TCD daughter :jumpforjoy You'll have to tell them I love their nails, do you know if they used those new stick on nail polish design thingys?

Lovin the TR. I miss attending Under the Oaks so much.

Are you from Dunedin? Downtown Duendin is having a craft show this weekend if you are there :)

OK, Jeff- Here it is -

Pulled Pork

As far as I know, that Dunedin Winn Dixie still has not been updated.TCD

There is a rumor floating around Dunedin that the Caladesi Publix is going to be expanded. I hope so because that is the one my parents use and on the weekends it is jammed! And it is small considering how big the new ones are (like the JUMBO one they put in Gainesville of Archer a year ago).

And I will have to make that pulled pork for my parents... or for football games yum. If your daughters check out pinterest there are lots of easy crock pot recipes!

-Ashley

Let's get this report cranked back up!

We left off with the Mickey pretzels.

We enjoyed those thoroughly, and then we made our way back to Main Street.

We stopped briefly for this photo:

IMG_0816.jpg

As already noted, our dreary morning had given way to an absolutely beautiful afternoon.

These decorations were on all of the light poles on Main Street:

IMG_0817.jpg

We arrived on Main Street to find a marching band performing:

IMG_0818.jpg

The girls went in to the big store to look for a birthday present for Nicholas, and I waited out along the street to see what I could see. It was 4 pm, and I expected to see a crowd of folks in costume streaming up Main Street.

The stream was more like a trickle, but there were some sights to see.

For example, in just this one photo we have some cheerleaders, Chaz Bono and bringing up the rear, a plus-sized Princess Leia:

IMG_0819.jpg

I guess the Princess was traveling with other Star Wars characters, but I am not sure who the other characters are:

IMG_0820.jpg

The marching band that we saw a moment ago is known as the Main Street Philharmonic, according to the name on the drum:

IMG_0822.jpg

I can't tell you any more about the band, as I don't know anything more to tell. I guess they perform daily, and maybe are featured in parades. I wonder if they are full-time employees, and what it is like for a musician to work that job.

The interesting costumes kept coming. I saw this group approaching, and crossed the street so I could be sure to capture these costumes for you. I will let this photo speak for itself:

IMG_0823.jpg

In case you can't make it out, the guy with the chef hat has "The Bun Maker" printed on his shirt, and the lady next to him is dressed as an oven with a very large bun baking in it. I am not sure what the lady next to her is supposed to be. You can also see that very tan Fred Flintstone walking right behind.

I mentioned earlier that it was our objective to see some interesting costumes here at the MK.

Mission Accomplished!

Here are some folks posing for a photo in their costumes:

IMG_0824.jpg

I thought this little elf/munchkin was cute:

IMG_0825.jpg

That elf/munchkin made me do a double-take, as I at first thought that Stefa70 was stalking me again.

But, it was just a dad and a kid.

You have to admit the resemblance is uncanny.

Over here we see a hippie and his crew. I am not sure if that was a regular person dressed as a hippie or a real hippie, so I kept my distance. Halloween gives the real hippies a chance to sneak up on you, so you have to be careful:

IMG_0826.jpg

You may have noticed that groups tended to dress in similar costumes- like Fred and Wilma, Princess Leia and the Star Wars crew, The Bun Maker and the oven, etc. Well, this family bucked the trend and all went with random costumes:

IMG_0830.jpg

This castmember walked by struggling to keep her balloons from tangling. I don't know what it is about this photo, but I really like how it came out:

IMG_0831.jpg

Here are a few more folks coming in in their costumes:

IMG_0835.jpg

While this was all fun, I was surprised that there weren't more folks coming in at this time. It was really just a very slow trickle of people, and not the big crowd I expected.

Check out this dude:

IMG_0837.jpg

There's those two Stitches again:

IMG_0838.jpg

This mop guy came by, and I took his photo because I thought he was going to use his mop to make a design with water on Main Street (you have seen that before, haven't you?). Well, it turns out that he was just a mop guy- no design:

IMG_0840.jpg

The girls came out of the store at this time, and we agreed that it was probably a good idea to head back to the Fort. It was a little past 4:30. The golf cart parade wasn't until 6, so we could have stayed longer, but you never know what could happen with the transportation, so we gave ourselves plenty of time.

We saw this family in Alice in Wonderland costumes posing for a photo:

IMG_0841.jpg

I wish we could have stayed a bit longer, but we headed out.

I love these pumpkins that they put up with the Halloween decorations. They are really cool when they are lit up at night:

IMG_0842.jpg

It turns out we had no problems with catching our boat and getting back to the Fort.

Here's a shot of the Contemporary Resort with the monorail approaching from our ride back:

IMG_0848.jpg

I took a few photos of this little area along the shore of Bay Lake. This is where the shoe tree is. This beautiful area may one day be a resort, so I take photos of it when I have the chance so we will all be able to remember how it used to look:

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

It turns out that some of the best costumes we would see all day were right there on the Fort Wilderness dock.

Check out these popcorn people:

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

Make sure you notice that they all have popcorn Mickey Ears.

Outstanding.

I wonder who they were?

They were all adults, with no kids in tow. What kind of group was this coming from the Fort and obviously heading to the MK?

I really like those costumes. Simple, but very well done, especially with the Mickey Ears.

We had about an hour to spare before the golf cart parade.

We decided to use that time to loop around and look at Halloween decorations.

I'll share those photos in my next post.

TCD

Nope no sisters! Would love to be an honorary TCD daughter :jumpforjoy You'll have to tell them I love their nails, do you know if they used those new stick on nail polish design thingys?

OK, then, the next time we are all at the Fort together, you can be the honorary TCD big sister.

Yes, those nails are the stick on things. As you can see, they were using the Halloween version. I am very much a fan of this product, as it saves me from having to pay for a manicure.

Are you from Dunedin? Downtown Duendin is having a craft show this weekend if you are there :)

Yes, Joanne is from Dunedin, but she lives in North Florida now.

There is a rumor floating around Dunedin that the Caladesi Publix is going to be expanded. I hope so because that is the one my parents use and on the weekends it is jammed! And it is small considering how big the new ones are (like the JUMBO one they put in Gainesville of Archer a year ago).

And I will have to make that pulled pork for my parents... or for football games yum. If your daughters check out pinterest there are lots of easy crock pot recipes!

-Ashley

I shop at that Publix from time to time, too, but since they opened the one at Curlew and 19, we go to that one most of the time. That Caladesi one does get too crowded.

Please do try that pulled pork recipe. It is excellent for tailgating. In fact, I got the recipe from some Gator friends who make pulled pork all the time for UF games.

You are going to get me on that pinterest website yet.

TCD

TCD,

Hey thanks for the update........sorry about the pressure! I really enjoyed reading it as well as all of the photos! Nice work!!!!

I want one of those Mickey pretzels! Yum!!!

Thanks for that pulled pretzel recipe. Once I get my appetite back I am going to give that a whirl.

Fun car ride down Main Street! When I was a teenager it seemed that a variety of vehicles were out all the time, seems like you dont see them too often anymore.

I quick story, two years ago we went to Disneyland. (talk about a fun summer, we spent eight nights at DL, flew home for four days, then flew down to WDW for a week. Back to back Disney trips was one of the funnest things we have ever done!!!) Out at Disneyland, there seemed to be many ride vehicles on Main Steet throughout the day. Much more so than I have noticed in WDW in recent years. So one morning we had taken a few rides on Space Mountain, then walked down to the hub to head over to Frontierland. Anyhow, when we got near the castle, I took out my video camera to video the castle and surrounding areas. The area was desserted, so I wasnt worried about bumping into anybody and just slowly walked along as I was videotaping. Well, as I was walking, I felt my foot land smack down into somehting that was NOT pavement. To my horrow, I glanced down and my foot has landed squarely in the middle of a pile of horse poop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a shock!!! Just for the record there was NOT the "all important" man with his shovel and trashcan that Runner......aka Ed had pictured. The horse was long gone and absolutely no one around to clean the mess!!!! Needless to say i made a beeline to the restroom and was able to clean my sneaker off. That experience ranks right up there with one of the strangest/,most unexpected experiences I have ever had in a Disney park!!!!!

I just love, love, love all the Halloween pictures, from the mummy wrapping activity, to the decorated sites, Halloween costumes, pumpkin decorating costumes and the hat display at the Lodge. I have heard that they have fun displays at the Contempory. Have you ever seem those?

Looking forward to more!

Oh and too the poster that said that cancer sucks, yes, yes it does.......I actually bought a hat a few weeks ago that has that sentiment right across the front!

Heidi

1. Love the first two photos of the last update.

2. How do you talk all your family/friends to dress up as popcorn? (There should be a TCD Award for costume originality)

3. do we really need another resort - more resorts mean more people to share with... booo!

4. the balloon girl photo says "I'm not having a magical day... wish I was somewhere with a beverage"

5. Are you sure it wasn't stef? Well the elf is adorable.

6. got nothing left.....except promising to be a good girl about waiting.

Well aren't you quite the comedian? Just wait, as soon as I can score one of those fancy hats, I'm going to stand outside of your pup and sing Red Solo Cup! Guaranteed to give you nightmares. :achmed:

Good job on getting some great costume pics. The bun maker is great!

I'm glad you made it back in time for the parade, a munchkin that has been stood up is NOT a pretty sight.

Wow, it looks like I am going to put up another installment before anyone has to bug me for it.

That doesn't happen very often.

So, it's Monday afternoon and it's Halloween, and we are going to take a quick tour of the decorations.

With the rain, a lot of folks had their decorations covered or messed up throughout the weekend. I didn't get many photos of the campsite decorations, so I aimed to do that now.

Also, pay attention to this post, as I will be revealing the winners of the campsite decorating contest. As far as I know, that information has not yet been posted.

Here we are on the 100 loop. This is the last outside site. These folks have been coming to the Fort for years at Halloween. They have been on the 800 loop, the 1400 loop, and last year they were on the 1000 loop. Last year, a big debate got launched on another message board about whether these decorations were tacky. Some people said it looked like a truck had upchucked a bunch of decorations, or something to that effect. This is what I'm talking about:

IMG_0862.jpg

Well guess what?

These people won 2nd prize in the site decorating contest.

So take that all you haters!

I liked this site on the 400 loop. Note the ghost dog on the left of the photo, and the little wiener dog at the center- those look like the statues that come from Cracker Barrel that we talked about earlier in this report:

IMG_0863.jpg

This is another site on the 400 loop which I also liked:

IMG_0864.jpg

This is Jeannie's site on the 700 loop. This Minnie in the bathtub will be incorporated into her Christmas decorations once Halloween has passed:

IMG_0865.jpg

On the other side of Jeannie's site:

IMG_0866.jpg

Don't miss the ghost bride and the severed heads.

Love it!

Here is a site on the 800 loop:

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

For the record, and without any unnecessary personal attacks or petty comments, which are always in poor taste, those are the only lime green Mickey ears that I saw anywhere in the Fort for the entire weekend.

Here's another site on the 800 loop:

IMG_0869.jpg

Please make note of the ghost suspended up in the air on the far right of the photo above.

Here's a shot of the site with the suspended ghost:

IMG_0871.jpg

This site in the photo above may not look like much in the daylight, but at night, that suspended ghost is the coolest thing that you will see in the Fort all Halloween. These folks have been to the Fort for Halloween before. In fact, I remember first seeing this suspended ghost a few years back when these folks were camped on the 300 loop. Some old friends of mine from another place made it a point to specifically tell me about this site, and said that they liked this ghost the most out of all the decorations in the Fort. A lot of you know those old friends, their names are Frank and Denise. I miss them. From what I have heard, Frank and Denise still enjoy TCD trip reports, so I will take a moment and say hello to them, and that I hope to see y'all back at the Fort some day. I wish you had been here to see that ghost!

Unfortunately for me, I did not get to see this ghost in action on this trip. When I stopped by later on Halloween night, it had already been turned off. But the TCD twins got to see this site in action, and they said it was really cool. The coffin also had some type of special effect, and those drums did something too. All of this was enough to win this site 3rd place in the site decorating contest.

So, we know who came in 2nd and 3rd.

But, which site won the site decorating contest?

Let's head over to the 1000 loop and see if there is anything to report there.

There were several nicely decorated sites on the 1000 loop:

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

But, it was the very last site on the 1000 loop which took 1st prize. This is the site that we looked at earlier in this report with the kid who stood behind the trick box. They also have been coming to the Fort for years. Also note that the Nemo pumpkin is sitting here, so these folks also won a prize in the pumpkin carving contest:

IMG_0876.jpg

This is where I will share my story about our second encounter with the judges for the site decorating contest. Remember we ran in to them at Fiesty's site early on Sunday evening when the judging was going on. We saw them again on the 900 loop later that night. It turns out that the judging was done at night by these three young castmembers. They had just come from the 600 loop where they had judged the Packers fan's site. The young lady who was not Jenna told us there was no way that site would have a chance of winning because she was a Bears fan! These young folks seemed to like the creepy stuff over the cutesy stuff. That explains why 301, which won first place last year, did not even place this year. I felt bad for the guy on 301- he went from first place to nothing- and he had actually added decorations this year. On the other hand, I can't say that any of the sites that did win were undeserving.

We have now seen the winners of the site decorating contest.

But, I have a few more decorated site photos to add for sake of completeness.

This site was on the 1100 loop, I thought it was very classy and nice:

IMG_0878.jpg

And these sites were also on the 1100 loop:

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

We looped through the full hook up loops. Since the most of the Fiends were on other loops, the decorations on the full hook up loops were noticeably less than in past years.

It was almost time for the golf cart parade, and some of the entrants were ready to go. Here's that Alice in Wonderland cart again on the 1600 loop:

IMG_0881.jpg

This Toy Story cart was also on the 1600 loop. I think they did a great job:

IMG_0882.jpg

From here, we headed back to our site.

We planned on enjoying the parade from right in our backyard!

Our puddle had dried up just a bit, but would be around to get the trick-or-treaters feet wet later in the evening:

IMG_0883.jpg

This is a photo of one of my favorite Halloween decorations. We got this years ago, before we even had our camper, and were cabin people. It has made many trips to the Fort:

IMG_0884.jpg

Right about now is when a golf cart came screaming around the corner, and put up a rooster tail in our puddle.

Off jumped Stefa70 and Trevor!

They were going to watch the golf cart parade from our backyard too.

And that is exactly what we did next.

Stay tuned for a few decorated golf cart photos.

Oh yes, one more thing . . .

Speaking of lurkers, I believe it was Halloween afternoon (but it could have been the day before), a very nice couple stopped by my site and said hello. They said they were loyal readers of TCD trip reports. I remember for sure that they were from Tennessee, and I think the man's name was Bill. They said they were just lurkers, and never officially joined the site. Well, I spiked them, because they were Fiends. I imagine that they are reading this trip report, and if so, I want to say hello, and ask y'all to consider joining. It doesn't cost a thing, and when you join, you get to see more things that non-members don't. Plus, it always makes my day when a lurker comes out of lurkdom and posts. Come on! Heidi did it! And you can do. I promise you that you will get a warm welcome. And to all of you other lurkers out there- and I know there are many, it would make my day too if any of you would join and post a comment on this report. That's all I have to say about that.

So, I will end this post and get working on the next.

TCD

TCD,

Hey thanks for the update........sorry about the pressure! I really enjoyed reading it as well as all of the photos! Nice work!!!!

I want one of those Mickey pretzels! Yum!!!

Thanks for that pulled pork recipe. Once I get my appetite back I am going to give that a whirl.

Fun car ride down Main Street! When I was a teenager it seemed that a variety of vehicles were out all the time, seems like you dont see them too often anymore.

I quick story, two years ago we went to Disneyland. (talk about a fun summer, we spent eight nights at DL, flew home for four days, then flew down to WDW for a week. Back to back Disney trips was one of the funnest things we have ever done!!!) Out at Disneyland, there seemed to be many ride vehicles on Main Steet throughout the day. Much more so than I have noticed in WDW in recent years. So one morning we had taken a few rides on Space Mountain, then walked down to the hub to head over to Frontierland. Anyhow, when we got near the castle, I took out my video camera to video the castle and surrounding areas. The area was desserted, so I wasnt worried about bumping into anybody and just slowly walked along as I was videotaping. Well, as I was walking, I felt my foot land smack down into somehting that was NOT pavement. To my horrow, I glanced down and my foot has landed squarely in the middle of a pile of horse poop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a shock!!! Just for the record there was NOT the "all important" man with his shovel and trashcan that Runner......aka Ed had pictured. The horse was long gone and absolutely no one around to clean the mess!!!! Needless to say i made a beeline to the restroom and was able to clean my sneaker off. That experience ranks right up there with one of the strangest/,most unexpected experiences I have ever had in a Disney park!!!!!

I just love, love, love all the Halloween pictures, from the mummy wrapping activity, to the decorated sites, Halloween costumes, pumpkin decorating costumes and the hat display at the Lodge. I have heard that they have fun displays at the Contempory. Have you ever seem those?

Looking forward to more!

Oh and too the poster that said that cancer sucks, yes, yes it does.......I actually bought a hat a few weeks ago that has that sentiment right across the front!

Heidi

Heidi-

Thank you so much for posting!

What a great and funny story! (Maybe not so much for you, but for the rest of us).

For those of you who don't know Heidi's story- she is a former lurker.

I ran in to her on a visit to Hollywood Studios earlier this year, and after that she became an official member here, and look at her now!

I have not seen any Halloween display at the Contemporary- but I will be sure to look in the future. I think all of the resorts do a little something for Halloween, but none of them come anywhere close to the fun that goes on at the Fort.

Heidi- please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers- I know from personal experience that miracles happen- and you will beat this cancer!

1. Love the first two photos of the last update.

2. How do you talk all your family/friends to dress up as popcorn? (There should be a TCD Award for costume originality)

3. do we really need another resort - more resorts mean more people to share with... booo!

4. the balloon girl photo says "I'm not having a magical day... wish I was somewhere with a beverage"

5. Are you sure it wasn't stef? Well the elf is adorable.

6. got nothing left.....except promising to be a good girl about waiting.

Great comments again. And, yes, I'm sure that little elf was not Stef. I don't think Trevor keeps Stef on a leash. Altough that idea may have some merit after a few red solo cups of punch.

Another good one, Andrew. I agree the balloon girl picture does catch your eye. Almost like a peacock preening,

Thanks, Cherie. That is an interesting view of that photo- I totally see what you are talking about.

Well aren't you quite the comedian? Just wait, as soon as I can score one of those fancy hats, I'm going to stand outside of your pup and sing Red Solo Cup! Guaranteed to give you nightmares. :achmed:

Good job on getting some great costume pics. The bun maker is great!

I'm glad you made it back in time for the parade, a munchkin that has been stood up is NOT a pretty sight.

Do you consider that a threat? Hah! I would love to see you in one of those munchin/elf hats and singing Red Solo Cup!

I'm glad that I made it back for the parade, too. It was fun watching it with you and Trevor.

TCD

Right about now is when a golf cart came screaming around the corner, and put up a rooster tail in our puddle.

Off jumped Stefa70 and Trevor!

TCD

Duh...because that's how we roll! If you ain't first, you're last!

Boo to the fort site decorator girl. Her personal football preference should not have any bearing on the decorating competition. :popo:

IMG_0868.jpg

For the record, and without any unnecessary personal attacks or petty comments, which are always in poor taste, those are the only lime green Mickey ears that I saw anywhere in the Fort for the entire weekend.

TCD

And now they have joined Fort Fiends!!!

Love all the decorations shots!!! I didn't get many decorations pictures myself, so glad to see them!!!!

And another afternoon is done, thanks for posting the winners, they all did a great job.

I'm going to add my two cents for the lurkers too. The "Be Our Guest" thread is there for a reason. We really do want you to join us, don't be shy.

Thanks, Cherie.

The afternoon may be done, but the evening is just beginning!

And you lurkers listen to Doodle.

She used to be a lurker herself.

Now, she's one of the most popular Fiends!

Boo to the fort site decorator girl. Her personal football preference should not have any bearing on the decorating competition. :popo:

Ah, you quote the famous philosopher Ricky Bobby!

Truer words have not been spoken!

Did I ever tell you that I wanted to name the twins Walker and Texas Ranger? But, I got out-voted.

J/K

I think it's fine that the judge stuck it to the Packer fans. They did go a bit over the top. And, nobody likes the Packers.

Love all the decorations shots!!! I didn't get many decorations pictures myself, so glad to see them!!!!

Who?

What?

When?

These folks joined us here?

Well, that's cool!

I wish that I had taken more decoration shots myself. It seemed like the weather was always bad when I had time to do take photos.

I am thinking I may need to get a small pocket camera for our next trip to the Fort. I love our big camera but a lot of times you just dont carry it with you so you miss pictures.

Yep.

It is rule #1 for the members of the TCD gang. Always carry your camera!

The first time you don't, I guarantee you will see something amazing and wish that you had it.

TCD

Ah, you quote the famous philosopher Ricky Bobby!

Truer words have not been spoken!

Did I ever tell you that I wanted to name the twins Walker and Texas Ranger? But, I got out-voted.

TCD

One of my all time favorites! Personally I think Walker & Texas Ranger would have fit the girls perfectly. ;)

Stef you know darn well that if you had been a judge, only JJ decorations would win :rofl2:

On with the report!

It's Halloween evening.

We dragged our chairs to the back of our site, and got ready for the golf cart parade to come on by!

Since the parade was taking place on Halloween, a lot of spectators were in costume.

Like these Elvi:

IMG_0887.jpg

The parade began right on time, with (former) Ranger Sean leading the way:

IMG_0888.jpg

OK Fort management.

I know you are reading along.

I haven't complained very much in this report.

But, I must register a small complaint here.

I like Sean and everything.

But, he is no Headless Horseman.

Remember two Halloweens ago when the Headless Horseman led the parade?

That was cool.

Sorry, but Sean is not.

Thanks for listening.

Now, let's get to the photos.

For those of you who may be worried about how much time you will have to invest in looking at golf cart photos, let me put you at ease and let you know that they will all be contained in this post. That's it. Then we will move on. I understand that there is such a thing as too many golf cart photos.

I liked this Dumbo cart:

IMG_0890.jpg

And, of course, I liked the whole Peter Pan crew that we previewed the night before:

IMG_0900.jpg

I refuse to post any more photos of that gentleman in the green tights, so you will have to settle for this Tinkerbell photo:

IMG_0902.jpg

We have already seen one Alice In Wonderland cart, and we will see that one again in just a few more photos, but there was another Alice In Wonderland cart as well:

IMG_0903.jpg

These folks had great costumes, but their cart could have used a little more decorating:

IMG_0905.jpg

I think this is a fort or dungeon or something- nice effort:

IMG_0906.jpg

This Minnie cart has been in the golf cart parade for as far back as I can remember. The guy used to tow a little trailer that looked like Cinderella's coach. Trailers were banned this year:

IMG_0912.jpg

Here we have a Yeti driving a cart:

IMG_0915.jpg

I have seen this weird red cart around the Fort before. I'm not sure exactly what they are going for here:

IMG_0924.jpg

Here's that Alice In Wonderland cart that we have seen already:

IMG_0925.jpg

And, the Toy Story cart we saw on the 1600 loop:

IMG_0927.jpg

I personally liked this Finding Nemo cart a lot:

IMG_0928.jpg

I wish I had taken a better photo of this one- note that they have re-created the artwork from the Haunted Mansion's stetching room- they even got the wallpaper right:

IMG_0931.jpg

There always seems to be a Mystery Machine in the Halloween parade, and these folks did a great job with this one:

IMG_0936.jpg

Here comes Grumpy- I guess he's driving a mine car:

IMG_0947.jpg

Here's my friend and fellow Fiend Richie (Mr. LornaDuck)- he is definitely a contender for the TCD best facial hair award:

IMG_0950.jpg

And, here's the famous AuburnJen:

IMG_0951.jpg

(Thanks for the hat, BTW)

Jen was followed by Mickey and Minnie:

IMG_0952.jpg

Here we have a nice Star Wars cart:

IMG_0955.jpg

Followed by a group of pirates:

IMG_0956.jpg

These folks had a body on their roof:

IMG_0958.jpg

There was a second pirate ship in the parade. This one was also well done, but a little smaller and less elaborate than the previous one:

IMG_0959.jpg

This Perry cart was great!:

IMG_0960.jpg

Of course, I just loved this Gator cart. But I have to admit that maybe it wasn't very Halloween-ey:

IMG_0963.jpg

We all thought this Mater cart was the best in the parade:

IMG_0964.jpg

I'll tell you a sad story. We saw another great Mater driving around late Sunday night. That one was made of cardboard, and not as fancy as this one, but it clearly took a lot of effort to build, and they did a great job with it. When we saw the cardboard Mater late Sunday night, it was beginning to rain. As you know, it rained hard all morning of Halloween, and we never saw the cardboard Mater again. I guess he didn't make it.

These folks rigged up a fog machine on their cart, which I'm sure they thought was a great idea:

IMG_0973.jpg

But, I bet these folks behind the fog machine guy didn't think it was such a great idea:

IMG_0974.jpg

There was only one kid on a bike in the whole parade.

And here he is:

IMG_0976.jpg

This kid got his money's worth out of that camo suit. He was staying on the 800 loop. He hid in the bushes at the loop exit, and spent the night jumping out and scaring people on golf carts. Good job kid!

Well, that is it for the golf cart photos.

That wasn't so bad, was it?

Do you want to know who won the awards in the parade?

So do I!

That information was hard to come by.

In fact, I still have not come by it.

They usually announce the winners at the campfire, but who wants to go to the campfire when trick-or-treating is going on. They also usually post the names of the winners at the Bike Barn, but I never saw them posted.

So, if anyone knows what golf carts won, please share.

Next up, it's time to trick-or-treat!

TCD

Who?

What?

When?

These folks joined us here?

Well, that's cool!

TCD

Glad they have joined us too but they may not want to "out" themselves if they like visiting other boards. Don't get me wrong I love this board but I visit several. But we know moderator's from other LGMH boards visit just looking to ban people from their board (good business model isn't it?)

Sorry for Hijacking.. now back to our regularly scheduled TCD trip report.

Thanks for sharing the golf cart parade photos. You did such a great job, I actually felt as if I was there watching it with you. ;)

All kidding aside, it was a treat for me to watch the parade with you and the girls. I know you're a man on the go when at the fort, so that made it extra special. I hope we can get together again soon.

I'll bring some Corona's for you and Trev, and me and the twins can do some girly stuff. (which could include, but is not limited to, crafts, dancing, or singing our favorite song )