Welcome!!!!

It all depends on what you want.

The preferred loops 100- 300 are close to the marina, trails end, etc.

The premium loops (400 - 1400) are longer, wider, no sand area. 400-500 are near the dog park, the rest of the premium loops are near the Meadows area, and pool and bike barn.

1100 is a great loop if you also have family staying in a cabin as some of those sites back up directly to 2100 cabin loop.

600 has no comfort station and no shade, but if getting up early to wet a line in the lake is your idea of heaven, the 600 is for you.

The full hookup loops are kindof in the back, 1700 is the best of the full hookup, 1900 is the WORST.

If you only have a tent or small popup, and don't need sewer, then the partial loops may be what you need. 1500 is centrally located, 2000 is remote, but has larger sites (but also tends to be weekend party central).

Hope this helps!!! and glad you joined!! Continue to ask questions and join in the fun!!!

First of all welcome!

Second of all, Mouseketab/Carol has already given you a very thorough and accurate answer.

If you want to tell us what kind of equipment you are bringing to camp in (motorhome, 5th Wheel, travel trailer, pop-up, tent, etc.) and the demographics of your party, folks could give you some more specific suggestions.

I'm not sure how much of a newbie you are, but there are four different types of loops, and the charges are different for each. Partial hook-ups are the least expensive, and premiums are the most. The typical difference between a partial and a premium site is $30 a night, so that can add up quick.

I own a pop-up, so you will usually find me in a partial hook up loop (1500 or 2000), but occasionally I will spring for the added cost of a premium site.

TCD

You guys are great! What a hoot! I am from cold-country up in South Dakota, and we are bringing our children in March. After looking through all of our options, they were adamant they wanted to stay in a camper at the campground! Of course, based on your recommendations, I've contacted Donnie. We are still in communication, because my kiddos have another request, and that is for two "top bunks" in the RV. That said, I am still trying to figure out my best options in that regard.

I don't believe we will do the Disney madness every day that we are there, as we are really seeking a break from our three sports - two full time jobs -graduate school lifestyles we are living. That said, I'm excited about the golf cart option, and even the thought of cooking my own meals. With weather in South Dakota for March unlikely to even top 20 degrees, I believe our kids will take advantage of the pool and even the fishing, if we can get decent priced gear.

We will probably have groceries delivered...doesn't sound like they deliver beer though! Bummer! So where's the punch?! Ha! Just kidding!

Let me ask...why do you think 500 is the best?!

Sounds like you are on your way to planning a great trip!

Let me ask...why do you think 500 is the best?!

Let me start by saying that almost all of the loops are great. They each provide something different depending on your "wants", as Carol described above. For us, we prefer 500 for the following reasons. It is a quick walk to the Settlement area and marina. And it is not too far from the Meadows area, which includes the pool and the campfire. It has a comfort station. It is across the street from the dog park, which is good for us as we travel with our 2 pooches. And some of the sites back up to a canal, which I try to get so we can throw our fishing line in.

The first step for you is to decide which category of site you want. Then look at the available loops of that category on the Fort map, and decide what you want to be close to. At that point you will probably have narrowed it down to a couple of loops.

Lots of reasons to chose or reject loops. The low numbers are an easy walk to the marina (Settlement). The high numbers are walkable to the Outpost bus stop. 1000-1900 sort of surround the Meadows.

Near the marina you can hear the MK fireworks and the water pageant each night.

We were looking at 600 yesterday and it seems almost barren -- just recently rebuilt and no trees.

We're in 300 this visit and enjoying it but it's a bit of a walk to the Meadows.

Near the marina you can hear the MK fireworks and the water pageant each night.

And that's good, why?

We were looking at 600 yesterday and it seems almost barren -- just recently rebuilt and no trees.

While the lower half is treeless, the upper half has trees.

A number of Fiends really like that loop because of it's great location and view of the water.

500, it's shady, relatively quite, close to settlement (boat to MK, GAG, Crocketts Tavern, etc.). Also on some occasions you could be visited by a diminutive Johnson fan and her trusty companion Mason.

Halloween 2011 was my 1st time staying at the Fort. We were in the 500 loop. I loved it!!!! Bus stop is close for the bus to the outpost to catch the connect bus to the theme parks. 500 is a short walk to the marina. I really enjoyed watching the fireworks from the Marina and watching the EWP. Loved being at the campsite and listening to the music to the EWP also. (Sorry Lou) Hoping to settle in there in Feb. for our visit.