• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time we were there was in 2008. Since then we have been hitting up nascar races.  Granted we would love to go this year but hubby is about to be promoted and his shift is going to change so any plans are on hold for the moment! :tool:

When we do go it has to be for 14 nights or more. I do not like to take small trips there being that its a 16 hour drive.

Here lately, we manage to get down about 1/2 dozen times a year.  We have a 690 mile drive.

We try and schedule two Full-Blown Fort Trips every year, but sometimes can squeeze more in.  Then due to my work travel schedule can sometimes get a weekend in.

Then sometimes on Thursday night, we decide we want a Disney fix and hop in the car and just go!!!

I LOVE the Fort, but we will stay at a Disney Value or Moderate if the price is right and we also really like the Ramada on 192.

Well ....... One or two times a years for the last 30+ years!  Our record year was five times in 2009.  As you can see our family loves Fort Wilderness and WDW!  'Many' great family memories over the years!

From our home in North Carolina it is about an eleven hour drive.  It is around 650 miles.

Since our oldest daughter and her family recently moved to OK we have not be able to travel back down to Fort Wilderness as much as we would like.  We try to spend as much time as we can with them.

Doug / datgrt@fw

Here lately, we manage to get down about 1/2 dozen times a year.  We have a 690 mile drive.

We try and schedule two Full-Blown Fort Trips every year, but sometimes can squeeze more in.  Then due to my work travel schedule can sometimes get a weekend in.

Then sometimes on Thursday night, we decide we want a Disney fix and hop in the car and just go!!!

I LOVE the Fort, but we will stay at a Disney Value or Moderate if the price is right and we also really like the Ramada on 192.

I was always afraid to say that I liked that Ramada, but it really is convenient. Granted, it's no Fort, but the price is usually right, it's super close and I can hop in the car with a duffel bag and not feel guilty taking a short weekend trip.