PBR - Previously Beer, Recycled. You can :flush2: it ...

Miller Lite - Miller can keep it

Southpaw - Left handed or right handed drinking is ok

New Belgium - I prefer the original Belgium ... Westvleteran

Yuengling

Terripin

Highlands

Sierra Nevada

Sam Adams - The Cream Stout is good! Give me Dogfish Head over Sam for the rest ...

Harpoon

Lienakoogle

Get the point?

These are the rules that one of my friends posted in her notes section on FB. Obviously, her and her sister are SERIOUS about this!

Black Friday Shopping Rules

by Janna Hill

With Thanksgiving only days away many of us are already contemplating the best strategies for BLACK FRIDAY! This year we will be implement our newest strategy “The Mobile Command Center” which will be equipped with multi access “Wi-Fi” and several laptops in order to rack up both the online and in store hottest deals!! So, on with the shopping and BTW there are after thanksgiving shopping rules for those first timers out there. WARNING this is not for the faint at heart, browsers or lally-gaggers and before anyone blast me with Ulgy-isms for discriminating WE practice what we preach so we are not bias just honest.

1. NO men. (Unless, you are loading a truck, you have hunting, football and leftovers. Have fun, kiss- kiss and leave your wallet and credit cards where we can find them).

2. NO Senior Citizens. (For your health and well being it is better to avoid the crowd. You might contract something bad such as H1N1 and people really do die from this.)*** To my BF shopping group since several of us are now eligible for AARP #2 my have to be revised for 2013 to "Non-able bodied".

3. NO Babies and children until after 4pm. Please do yourself a huge favor and get a sitter or leave them with your husband! Battle zones are just too dangerous for kids.

4. No, strollers, scooters or wheelchairs. If you followed rules 2 and 3 you should not have a problem with this rule. After all we are leaving everyone more bandwith for ONLINE shopping.

5. Pack an energy bar and a bottle of water because if you faint you will be trampled on. Of course if you are a BFS (Black Friday Shopper) you already know this.

6. Don't forget your Flyers. Have your proof in your hand it saves time when you have to point out the special to the store clerks.

7. No dilly-dallying around. If you don't know what you want go back home.

8. Do not even think about getting our parking spot. If you do my sister will jump out and clobber you with her rolled-up BF Sale Papers. It is the Mini-Van with “Mobile Command Center” sign on the side.

9. If see someone using the shopping cart for the "Wedge and block maneuver" you best stay out of their way.

10. And last but not least, you must say “Merry Christmas" in the most pleasant southern voice you can muster as you exit the store.

Merry Christmas and Happy Shopping!!!

I don't know if she made this up or if she got it somewhere else, so please don't copy this and paste anywhere else! Thanks!

Too bad on #1. You ladies must just not want the competition. I'll be there. >:D

On my list is a Wii (yeah about 5 years late but hey), camera, laptop, and some toys for the kids. Already took my morning nap and ready to go now until about 7 am tomorrow morning.

“Sundays and holiday are made for families” words from George Jenkins founder of Publix. Now my rant he was not in the ground before this company changes the policy. People don’t go to these places on Thanksgiving and why would you show up at 1am to save $10 on a no name piece of crap that will break in 32 days

My dd and I went to Wal-Mart last night. My mil asked me to get the "black Friday" pj's on sale for her to give the children. Since her other present to each of them is a new mattress (desperately needed!), I said i would do it.

We got to Wal-Mart before 8:30pm for the 10pm sales. They had the door busters in the center of the aisles with shrink wrap tape around them and signs marking the price and when they would go on sale. People were already starting to pick through the selections. I asked an employee standing guard if this was OK. He said we just couldn't take all of one items, so dd and I picked out the pajamas we wanted. We found a few extra items we wanted and tossed them in our cart as well.

After wandering through the store for a while, we found a nook to rest in until we could buy the items at 10pm. This was a mistake, as we should have gotten in a line to pay for them at that point. Still, we had fun people watching for a while. My 5'11" dd sat in the cart which had a number of people doing double takes. :)

About 9:45, we picked up all our purchases and gave the cart to a grateful late arrival and went in search of a short checkout line. No such animal. We got in a line that had snaked around some aisles. Shortly after 10pm, it became apprarant that there 6+ lines of each register. Some people were just politely dealing with the madness. Some were complaining loudly and pushing their way to the front. *sigh*

Then we heard that there were registers with short lines to our right. We were at the register farthest to the left. This is when having no cart came in handy. We were able to move quickly and find a register with only one person in front of us. The check out girl was efficient, polite, even cheerful!

Today, I am tired and sore, though part of that could be cooking most of Thanksgiving dinner for 20 people after making a Thanksgiving Brunch for my crew. But my dh will go out today and pick up 6 new mattresses. So I feel it was worth it. :D

Well went to Walmart for a Wii (not sure why I traveled there to use the restroom), a couple of Disney story books, and a couple of Wii games. Scored everything I was after and out of the store by 10:15 pm. Went home to sleep for a couple of hours. Got up about 1:45 am to go to Sam's to get a camera for next years trip to the Fort. Was second in line at 2 am. Got the camera I was after and the movie Rio. Out of Sam's by 5:06 am (5 am open), over to Home Depot to see if they had their door buster Christmas lights (who can't use more lights?), they did. Not wanting to be greedy I grabbed 10 boxes (500 lights). Out of Home Depot by and on the road by 5:19 am. On to Meijer to see if they had the Mulan doll left (went on sale at 4 am). Sure enough they had a couple. Grabbed a Mulan, Cinderella, and Ariel, a muppet Animal t-shirt, and a HDMI cable. I was browsing so this stop took the longest. Got out of the store about 5:50 am and headed to Menards for their 6 am opening. Got to Menards about 6:06 am. The line was moving but looked like a line for Best Buy not a hardware store. Only after a Wii-mote charger (was on my way home so why not try). I think I was about the 600th person in the store but I had a map. Went through a few back isles and thought I should be close to the Wii charger end cap. Doh 2 isles off, but they still had the chargers. Got the charger and B-lined for the check out. Checked out drove home and in bed by 6:30 am. Hmm.. maybe I should post this in TR. Nah I will leave that to more important trips.

I actually have to go to the store this afternoon, not for Black Friday stuff, but normal stuff. I need cable ties and light clips, and Command Adhesive stuff for Christmas decorations, GRRRRRR

Home Depot may be a better choice than Wal-Mart

Well went to Walmart for a Wii (not sure why I traveled there to use the restroom), a couple of Disney story books, and a couple of Wii games. Scored everything I was after and out of the store by 10:15 pm. Went home to sleep for a couple of hours. Got up about 1:45 am to go to Sam's to get a camera for next years trip to the Fort. Was second in line at 2 am. Got the camera I was after and the movie Rio. Out of Sam's by 5:06 am (5 am open), over to Home Depot to see if they had their door buster Christmas lights (who can't use more lights?), they did. Not wanting to be greedy I grabbed 10 boxes (500 lights). Out of Home Depot by and on the road by 5:19 am. On to Meijer to see if they had the Mulan doll left (went on sale at 4 am). Sure enough they had a couple. Grabbed a Mulan, Cinderella, and Ariel, a muppet Animal t-shirt, and a HDMI cable. I was browsing so this stop took the longest. Got out of the store about 5:50 am and headed to Menards for their 6 am opening. Got to Menards about 6:06 am. The line was moving but looked like a line for Best Buy not a hardware store. Only after a Wii-mote charger (was on my way home so why not try). I think I was about the 600th person in the store but I had a map. Went through a few back isles and thought I should be close to the Wii charger end cap. Doh 2 isles off, but they still had the chargers. Got the charger and B-lined for the check out. Checked out drove home and in bed by 6:30 am. Hmm.. maybe I should post this in TR. Nah I will leave that to more important trips.

Now that is shopping!! I should have given you my list. ^-^

well, i am impressed at the quickness of the shopping this a.m. i am another one that feels if i would go out on black friday, i would be on the news and not to see the deals i have gotten. so, i stayed home and ran a rummage sale.

i couldn't pass up the 50 + degrees we have had the last two days. ran the rummage on thanksgiving day and did fairly well that day, too.

i haven't heard from lynn, yet. not too sure if she survived the midnight store opening. she will probably sleep all day :)...

Love Black Friday! My 2 girls & I go out shop drink Star Bucks & people watch. This year we started at Wal Mart for 10 am Wii game sale for my son. Total success with 3 games that are normally $50-60 for $15 & 28. Went to Target at 12 so we didn't wait in long line. Got 2 more games for 10 each. Long check out line. After getting to car decided we needed Star Bucks so oldest goes back in so that my one on crutches can sit in car. We were sitting in car waiting on her. To get close to door for her I was kinda parked behind woman loading her items when she starts screaming at me to get away from her car. I said I am just waiting on my daughter who is walking to car now. She got even louder saying I am freaking her out & to get away from her car. We got a good laugh out of this psycho woman! She needed to go sleep. We finished up at Macy's & home by 3 am. Great times with my daughters!