A Buckeye - Better Late Than Never - Trip Report

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks Stef (hope I am spelling it right). He needs to be reminded how intelligent I am. I am bummed we missed you too! Would have been nice to catch up again.

Fiends have the best trip reports. :heartsmiley: It's been a while since I have been to Disney and have never been to the Fort(yet) and I have learned so much from all of you. I will be very prepared

My husband falied to stress how much our children LOVE Innoventions and all the super cool games (or glorified life size commercials). They'll be super bummed when the "garbage truck game" and the "f

Fiends have the best trip reports. :heartsmiley:

It's been a while since I have been to Disney and have never been to the Fort(yet) and I have learned so much from all of you.

I will be very prepared for when I go. Thank you so much everyone.

I think so too! :))

We love sharing info, even if sometimes it's more info than the average person wants.

We love the Fort, we love other people who love the Fort, and I believe you will be another one of those people! :jumpforjoy

Loving this report! :pc:

Thank you very much.

OMG! We had the same cart last week...and the brakes are still possessed from time to time. DW crashed into our cooler with it, and my oldest DD nearly took out someone's decorations. I also had an issue with the brakes once but I didn't crash into anything, as I was demonstrating for my wife how it must feel to drive Bob's cart so we simply coasted to a slow stop when the brakes failed.

I rolled into the brace for my awning. It was just the right height that it slid up over the roof and no damage was done but I did mention it to Kenny.

Loving this trip report!! I am especially enjoying the parade photos. I love the Disney Parades, but no one else in my family seems to enjoy them as much as me. I think part of the reason I like them so much is that I can remember watching the parades with my grandparents when they took us (sister, brother and me) to Disney for the first time. I find myself becoming more nostalgic the older I get.

We love the parades too. MSEP is probably my favorite because 1. it is awesome, and 2. I can remeber seeing it back in the 1980's. I am glad they brought it back.

Wow, ya'll are really on the move!!! Relax some already!!!!

We do relax.....for the 6 hours of coma like sleep every night. Then it's rope drop time baby!

I am impressed, y'all did kick MK butt! What did you think of Artist Point? What did you and your wife order? Give us a few tidbits here!

My wife is the foody. I will let her fill you in.

Rita,

This was not our first time at the Artist Point. The kids love the place because of the "painting" dessert. They have a 4 piece white chocolate mickey puzzle that the kids put together on their plate and then they use a real paint brush to paint it with 3 colors of frosting. As Steve said our kids are good in a "fancy" place like that, but it's easier to be good when you know there something great at the end. They also have those cool Mickey Mouse straws in every kid cup that comes to your table. Those straws will put you back $.49each at the Columbia House in MK.

But that's not what you asked....

Steve got the tenderloin and I got the sweet potato gnocchi. The beef was excellent as always, but I won't be getting the gnocchi again. it was pan fried and just a little weird for gnocchi. In June, I ordered the Buffalo steak and it was AMAZING!!!! The wait staff will tell you it is slightly sweet when you ask about it, but don't let it keep you from ordering it. It was Deeeelicious.....

photobucket-3394-1322572074634.jpg

Thank you! The puzzle is definitely cool! I'm sorry you were disappointed with the Gnocchi. This is one of the places I would like to try again. My son thinks the Salmon is the best meal ever! I love the Smoky Portabello Soup.

Well, I got a late start reading this one, but I'm caught up now.

I have just one word to say about your report:

AWESOME!

You are doing a great job!

Great photos and great commentary.

My comments:

1. Good job on the use of a cliffhanger in your first post. People hate that. But I happen to like cliffhangers.

2. I definitely consider getting a site a night early and a discount a magical moment. That was a sweet way to begin your trip.

3. Good job on the 617 photo!

4. I, too, am a rope drop fan. We haven't done an AK RD in a while. I have heard about keeping folks back in the entry area. Boo on that! I don't like it either. They have moved the Epcot RD waiting area closer to the Epcot entrance, and I believe the same thing is being done at HS as well. Boo!

5. I have never noticed that Alligator water feature at AK either. I will be on the look-out for it on my next visit.

6. Why did Brutus have to stay home? I'll bet he will be on all your future trips. Congratulations on your new coach!

I think that is enough comments. I am looking forward to the rest of your report.

TCD

TCD, I only have one thing to say...."We're not worthy! We're not worthy!" Just kidding, but it is great to have you along. Brutus did make the trip but we didn't have alot of room at the site and the wifes Halloween decorations got priority. We are excited about Urban but I know some of the SEC guys are not happy with him. Glad to see you have no hard feelings!

This Trip Report definitely has the, "I'm along for the ride" feel to it, and I'm loving it!

Great job Buckeye. :)

You are too kind!

I was so happy to read the latest updates today........really, really enjoying this report!

We do rope drop at all the parks too, its the ONLY way to go for us!!!

your kids are so cute! Love the haircut pics!!!

Heidi

ROPE DROP!!!

Fiends have the best trip reports. :heartsmiley:

It's been a while since I have been to Disney and have never been to the Fort(yet) and I have learned so much from all of you.

I will be very prepared for when I go. Thank you so much everyone.

You will be prepared. I always feel our vacations are so much better because of this forum and I hope some of my miniscule knowledge can help.

I think so too! :))

We love sharing info, even if sometimes it's more info than the average person wants.

We love the Fort, we love other people who love the Fort, and I believe you will be another one of those people! :jumpforjoy

What do you mean more info than the average person wants? There are no average people here, we are all exceptional!

I love the Fort already :heart:

I am so looking foward to meeting everyone someday

You know they're all obnoxious, foul mouthed, poor hygiene having, tree breaking, site stealing drunks, don't you? And you still want to meet them? I say "them" because I am not a part of their shenanigans. I just love the Fort.

Monday, October 24. We were off to EPCOT. We left the campsite shortly after 8am. I don’t believe I have mentioned that we drive the truck to every park but MK. Here is a view of Spaceship Earth as we head into the EPCOT parking lot.

DisneyOct2011001.jpg

See the empty parking lot!

DisneyOct2011002.jpg

Waiting in line at the turnstiles for the new EPCOT rope drop, which is basically now “Hey, welcome to EPCOT.”

DisneyOct2011006.jpg

We headed up to Soarin’ for FP’s and then the kids and I walked on while DW waited with the baby and then she took the kids on while I waited with the baby. Those kids are lucky! After that I trucked over to Test Track for FP’s while the rest of the family went to Innoventions and checked it out. I took DD8 on Sum of all Thrills, very cool if you haven’t done it, and then we played the Piggy Bank Adventure. The wife had the camera and got a lot of pics here.

DisneyOct2011432.jpg

DisneyOct2011433.jpg

DisneyOct2011437.jpg

DisneyOct2011438.jpg

We headed over the Living Seas, rode the Nemo ride and then went to Turtle Talk with Crush. The Nemo ride is a nice way to get into a building, but I would not wait in line for it. I hope the new Little Mermaid ride is better than that.

DS4 got to talk to Crush. Crush asked him his name and then asked if he could swim. He answered “Yes”. “Can you swim really fast?” Again “Yes.” “Can you swim really, really, really, really, really………….really, really fast?” (Literally went on for a full minute saying “really” over and over.) He answered “No.” It was adorable and hilarious.

It was now time for lunch and we had ADR’s at Le Chefs de France. We had not eaten here before and we make it a point to try new things when we can. The food was good but the fun part was meeting Remmie.

DisneyOct2011442.jpg

I could not understand what the rat said, but this man with him seemed to get the gist and translated for us.

France was about as far as we made it into World Showcase this trip. We did quickly go up to Morocco to use the rest rooms but we just took it easy in France and England. Here are some random pics, mostly taken by DD8 with her own camera, many of which are very good.

DisneyOct2011445.jpg

DisneyOct2011020.jpg

DisneyOct2011032.jpg

DisneyOct2011033.jpg

DisneyOct2011054.jpg

DisneyOct2011057.jpg

Somehow the afternoon just slipped on by and it was time for dinner at the Rose and Crown. We were seated outside with a nice view of the lagoon.

DisneyOct2011066.jpg

DisneyOct2011458.jpg

Here is what is left of my Cider and Black. Love this drink!

DisneyOct2011462.jpg

English food gets a bad wrap, but we like the food here. We usually get a scotch egg, share some bubble and squeak, and I got bangers and mash and the wife got fish and chips.

At this point we walked out of World Showcase. Here is the cranberry bog at the bridge between WS and Future world.

DisneyOct2011073.jpg

Apparently this lady’s job was to stand in the bog and gab about cranberries; we didn’t stick there too long. We walked over to Test Track to use our FP’s and baby swap so the wife could ride, and the kids a second time. That was pretty much it for today. We walked back to the truck and headed back to the Fort. Everything was quiet there and we were all tired. The kids went to bed, we did a little laundry and then got some rest. Tomorrow, back to MK!

I don't really like the new rope drops, but always liked the old ones. Everyone else always complained about me being "commando" for even thinking about a rope drop - the fuddy duddies!

I finally made my first rope drop at Epcot this trip and was like "wtf, this is it?" Ed was very disappointed in the new, "ok, go on in" version of rope drop. I am definitely not a rope drop person!

TCD, I only have one thing to say...."We're not worthy! We're not worthy!" Just kidding, but it is great to have you along. Brutus did make the trip but we didn't have alot of room at the site and the wifes Halloween decorations got priority. We are excited about Urban but I know some of the SEC guys are not happy with him. Glad to see you have no hard feelings!

I would be willing to bet that once your team returns to prominence, we will be seeing Brutus out on your future trips.

Unlike a lot of my fellow Gator fans, I do not have any hard feelings against Urban. From the outside looking in, I am sure that there is a lot more to the story of his leaving Florida than has been told. I am sure the man had good reasons for leaving, and I blame the Florida AD and the boosters for not being able to keep Urban around. I hope that Florida will return to greatness, but I do not think that it will happen with the current coaching staff. I am afraid that Florida fans are in for some disappointing seasons .I think OSU, on the other hand, will thrive with Urban as the coach. The competition in the Big 10 is not as strong as in the SEC, and Urban will be able to dominate the conference. I see a lot of BCS Championship games in OSU's future. Whether you will be able to beat the SEC teams that will also be there is what will be interesting to see. If anyone can coach against the SEC, Urban certainly can.

. Here is the cranberry bog at the bridge between WS and Future world. DisneyOct2011073.jpgApparently this lady’s job was to stand in the bog and gab about cranberries; we didn’t stick there too long. We walked over to Test Track to use our FP’s and baby swap so the wife could ride, and the kids a second time. That was pretty much it for today. We walked back to the truck and headed back to the Fort. Everything was quiet there and we were all tired. The kids went to bed, we did a little laundry and then got some rest. Tomorrow, back to MK!

FYI- That cranberry bog was set-up for this year's Food and Wine Festival. It is already gone.

TCD

We headed up to Soarin’ for FP’s and then the kids and I walked on while DW waited with the baby and then she took the kids on while I waited with the baby. Those kids are lucky! After that I trucked over to Test Track for FP’s while the rest of the family went to Innoventions and checked it out. I took DD8 on Sum of all Thrills, very cool if you haven’t done it, and then we played the Piggy Bank Adventure. The wife had the camera and got a lot of pics here.

DisneyOct2011437.jpg

My husband falied to stress how much our children LOVE Innoventions and all the super cool games (or glorified life size commercials). They'll be super bummed when the "garbage truck game" and the "fire house" aren't there anymore because they have been there as long as they can remember. Then there's the talking trash can in the Electric Umbrella, they find things to throw away so they can find the trash can.

My husband falied to stress how much our children LOVE Innoventions and all the super cool games (or glorified life size commercials). They'll be super bummed when the "garbage truck game" and the "fire house" aren't there anymore because they have been there as long as they can remember. Then there's the talking trash can in the Electric Umbrella, they find things to throw away so they can find the trash can.

Good for you for spending time in Innoventions.

We always used to spend a lot of time in there. My girls used to love the Robot game and Robot building area. That has since been replaced by the Sum of All Thrills attraction, which they also like. They used to always stop for the paper-making activity. Back when computers were more of a novelty, we would spend a lot of time playing with the computers in the IBM area.

We all still love to visit the house of the future. They do a pretty good job updating that, and there are usually some cool things to see in there.

I hate to tell you, but the trash truck area has a construction fence around it, and something new is going in there.

TCD

Sorry about the lag in keeping this TR going. This weekend isn't looking to good either but please check back early next week. I hope to finish it up then.

I don't really like the new rope drops, but always liked the old ones. Everyone else always complained about me being "commando" for even thinking about a rope drop - the fuddy duddies!

If you don't do rope drop, you are wasting your money and time. That's not "Commando', it's just smart.

I finally made my first rope drop at Epcot this trip and was like "wtf, this is it?" Ed was very disappointed in the new, "ok, go on in" version of rope drop. I am definitely not a rope drop person!

I actually like the new rope drop better. I never thought allowing a few thousand motivated WDW goers into the park, holding them in a small space for a silly show that hasn't changed in a decade and only a few of them can see, then marching them shoulder-to-shoulder, hundreds of rows deep at a forced pace over wet pavement, up and down steps and through bottlenecks to that one attraction they all are dying to get to was a real smart idea by Disney. Now, the turn stiles act as a sifter, allowing a steady stream of people into the park at a reasonable rate, who can then go to their desired attraction as slowly or quickly as they would like.

I agree with, you we like to drive to the parks also when we stay at the Fort and use the boat to the MK. it always works best for us.

It is especially nice with the little ones but I think we may be using the busses more when they get older.

I would be willing to bet that once your team returns to prominence, we will be seeing Brutus out on your future trips.

TCD

Are you calling me a fair weathered BuckeyeFortFan?

I hate to tell you, but the trash truck area has a construction fence around it, and something new is going in there.

TCD

She knew the garbage truck game was gone, I don't know what she was thinking. An update when its replacement opens would be nice though, maybe by someone who goes to WDW alot and does an excellent trip report?

Are you calling me a fair weathered BuckeyeFortFan?

No.

But if the Brutus fits . . .

Have you heard anything about Florida and Ohio State playing in the Gator bowl this year? There are rumors of that flying around here. I hope it's not true. Y'all will kick some Gator butt, and that will hurt considering you now have Urban and we have MusChump.

She knew the garbage truck game was gone, I don't know what she was thinking. An update when its replacement opens would be nice though, maybe by someone who goes to WDW alot and does an excellent trip report?

I'm on it.

I know they had some signs up advertising what is supposed to be going in there.

I know we were not excited about it.

I think it was about eating healthy or something.

How ironic to put that type of a display in WDW.

TCD

No.

But if the Brutus fits . . .

Have you heard anything about Florida and Ohio State playing in the Gator bowl this year? There are rumors of that flying around here. I hope it's not true. Y'all will kick some Gator butt, and that will hurt considering you now have Urban and we have MusChump.

Good one!. No I haven't heard about any OSU bowl prospects, but I haven't paid much attention either.

I'm on it.

I know they had some signs up advertising what is supposed to be going in there.

I know we were not excited about it.

I think it was about eating healthy or something.

How ironic to put that type of a display in WDW.

TCD

Now that you mention it , there was some signs about a healthy diet thing. But hey, who would have thought the environmentalist propaganda of Waste Management would have been as fun as it was? We will see.