From the Disney Food blog. Gotta say those R2D2 cups/buckets are pretty darned cool. :)

Disney World Star Wars Weekends Snacks!

May 19th, 2012 by Kim.

Disney’s Hollywood Studios is once again hosting Star Wars Weekends from May 18 – June 10, 2012, for fans celebrating the George Lucas films.

storm-trooper-350x260.jpg

If you have young padawans that can’t wait to meet Chewbacca (“let the wookie win”) or a budding Jedi that dreams of a lightsaber battle with Darth Vader, this event is for you!

Adults that grew up with the Star Wars empire are equally excited about this special event with the opportunity to purchase unique merchandise and meet celebrities. I’m looking forward to attending my second Star Wars Weekend this year, and not only will I be posing for a picture with an Ewok, I’m going to snag one of these galatically-good snacks as well!

According to the DisneyParks Blog, there are some fun treats awaiting hungry Star Wars fans! My 12-year old son just told me that he likes “all of them,” but he’s headed for the Darth cupcake first.

Darth Vader Cupcake

A special chocolate cupcake featuring Darth Vader will be available for $4.99 at Darth’s Mall, ABC Commissary, Backlot Express, Studio Catering Co., Pizza Planet, and Starring Rolls Cafe.

This is pretty much the regular chocolate, peanut butter cupcake with a Darth head stuck in it, but we’re not complaining! Also, it’s definitely more ornate than last year’s version! “It is useless to resist” the power of the Darth cupcake!

Darth-Cupcake.jpg

Darth Cupcake

Churro Bucket

Loyal droid R2D2 features his own bucket of churros with chocolate dipping sauce. Get yours at the Herbie’s Cart, Fantasmic!, and the churro cart in front of The Great Movie Ride.

R2D2-churros-484x625.jpg

R2D2 churros and chocolate

Kids’ Power Pack OR Corn Dog Meal

The kids’ power pack will keep your kids rolling along just like R2D2. Get your savory snack at Pizza Planet, Backlot Express, Studio Catering Co, ABC Commissary, Catalina Eddie’s, Fairfax Fare, or Rosie’s All-American Café.

Or opt for a corn dog and chips at Herbie’s Cart.

r2d2-kid-power-pack.jpg

R2D2 Kid Power Pack

r2d2-corn-dog-and-chips.jpg

R2D2 Corn Dog and Chips

Souvenir Cups

R2D2 serves up drinks just like on Jabba’s sail barge!

R2-D2 souvenir cups hold delicious frozen lemonade (Anaheim Produce), a tasty shake (Min & Bill’s Dockside Diner, 50’s Prime Time Café), and a hot fudge sundae (Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant).

r2d2-drink.jpg

R2D2 Drink

r2d2-lemonade.jpg

R2D2 Lemonade

r2d2-milkshake.jpg

R2D2 Milkshake

I can’t wait to hear the reviews on these! Let us know what YOU find at Star Wars weekends this year! icon_smile.gif

Are you attending Star Wars Weekends? Which snack will you munch on while watching the stormtroopers parade through the park?

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/05/19/disney-world-star-wars-weekends-snacks/

From the Disney Parks blog...

The Cold Facts: ‘Carbon-Freeze Me’ Brings a Special Chill to the Air at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for a Limited Time

posted on June 1st, 2012 by Gary Buchanan, Social Media Managing Editor

Ever since the limited-time “Carbon-Freeze Me” Experience debuted on May 18, guests have been entering the freezing chamber at Disney’s Hollywood Studios to have their faces digitally captured from multiple angles and then magically transformed into carbonite figurines.

Fellow Disney Parks Blog author Steven Miller previewed this homage to Han Solo in this post and gave an idea of what you could expect when the eight inch, three-dimensional piece arrives at your home.

Wanting to show the process to you, I asked special guest Ashley Eckstein to join me for some freezing fun before she began her day at Star Wars Weekends as the Celebrity Host of the “Behind the Force” presentation. After all, Ashley’s character on Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Ahsoka Tano, has a little experience around carbonite. So I was definitely in good company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ac-WE6-340

Ashley and I met up with Disney Parks Merchandise Product Developer Brad Schoeneberg for a tour of the Carbon-Freezing Chamber. In fact, I think Brad is the only person I have ever thanked for helping me catch a little cold. The level of detail in the figurine’s face is simply amazing. (Now I just have to decide where in my house it will go.)

This limited-time Carbon-Freeze Me Experience is currently open every day — not just on Star Wars Weekends event days — and will continue to operate through June 16, 2012. Star Wars Weekends ends this year on June 10, so you even have some additional days after the event to get frozen.

gcf489360SMALL.jpg

If you head out to Star Wars Weekends before the 2012 event ends, be sure to ask Ashley to recreate the “Han Solo Face” she made during her own Carbon-Freeze Me experience. She had a wonderful time and was a really great sport to get frozen with me.

To make advance reservations for Carbon-Freeze Me, call 407-WDW-TECH (407-939-8324). Walk-ins can be accommodated based on availability.

You can read more of the latest news from Star Wars Weekends in the posts below:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/the-cold-facts-carbon-freeze-me-brings-a-special-chill-to-the-air-at-disneys-hollywood-studios-for-a-limited-time/

From WDW Magic...

Wish you had done the 'Carbon Freeze Me' experience from Star Wars Weekends? Well you are in luck, the Disney's Hollywood Studios experience remains open through to June 16 2012. Reservations can be made on 407-939-8324 and is priced at $99.95 plus tax.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Events/Star-Wars-Weekends/News/13Jun2012-Star-Wars-Weekends-%27Carbon-Freeze-Me%27-remains-available-this-week.htm