Live4FW's Snurktastic Fort Report

Your wish is my command. I am finally getting the pics together plus work has gotten in the way. I will try to do better from here on out.

Day 2

THIS IS MY HAPPY DAY :jumpforjoy

Why you ask? Because today we arrive at the Fort.

We woke up around 8am today without the alarm clock. Everyone grabed a quick bite and we were on the road about 9am. When I went to the office, I had a nice chat with another camper that was heading down to the Fort. I handed him a Fort Fiends card and told him to look us up.

Here are some photos of the campground (Eagle’ Roost exit 5 I-75)

PB190452.jpg

PB190448.jpg

PB190443.jpg

PB190444.jpg

PB190445.jpg

PB190446.jpg

PB190447.jpg

Love all the Oak Trees

PB190449.jpg

PB190453.jpg

PB190454.jpg

Topped off the tanks and hit the interstate. Within a few minutes we were in Florida.

Made good time and decided to stop for gas and pick up a SunPass at the Okahumpka Turnpike stop. I figure that with the discount on the tolls and not having to stop and restart at each toll plaza I would save some gas also.

Some wonderful cloud and other misc. photos of the drive

PB190458.jpg

PB190459.jpg

Just remember I warned you about the Pics

PB190460.jpg

PB190461.jpg

OK, Here is my Serious Driving Pose to go along with Dave’s driving pics

PB190463.jpg

Before long, we were pulling off of 429 and onto Western Way. Soon we were approaching those magic gates!

PB190464.jpg

PB190465.jpg

PB190466.jpg

Is that Lou up ahead?

PB190469.jpg

Here is a pic of the Dolphin/Swan Hotel. We stayed there on our 15th Anniversary. We have stayed on Disney Property

for each of our 5th year anniversaries since we honeymooned at the Grand Floridian in 1988.

PB190468.jpg

Here are the Magic Kingdom gates

PB190472.jpg

PB190473.jpg

And FINALLY we pull into the Fort

PB190475.jpg

The Fort is pretty busy it is right about 1pm. We at least we should be able to go straight to our site. But first we have to wait in line at the guard shack

PB190476.jpg

PB190477.jpg

PB190479.jpg

Soon we are through that and to our next line at the check-in. They had CM’s stationed out in the lanes and checked with us to see if we had questions and asked if we had a mutt. Took care of the Pet paperwork (didn’t ask for any proof of shots, etc)

PB190481.jpg

PB190483.jpg

Here is Mrs. Live4FW (Beth) making sure that I have everything right and reminding me to put visitors allowed on our reservation.

PB190482.jpg

I think that is about all the pics I have for today. We got through check-in pretty quickly and headed to our site in the 1600 loop. We backed her in and realized we were right across from Crazzemama. Looks like we are gonna see some Fiends.

ETA - DD reminded me that no sooner had we set up that Dave and crew stopped by in their sooper fast not yet dead Kenny 6 seater cart to say hi. We chatted for a few minutes and then Anna said bye bye several times. She was ready to ride. Enough of this talking stuff.

I think we made some hamburgers for dinner and then we headed to the campfire to see Cowboy Anthony…WTF. We miss the old entertainers. We watched Cars2 and it was OK, Glad I didn’t pay movie theater prices for it.

But, sitting out under the stars watching a movie with my family at the greatest campground in the world. I leaned over and told my wife that I was now in my Happy Place! :P

Edited by Live4FW

Not only have I been very slow at posting updates, I have been very neglectful in responding to your posts. Thanks for reading along and letting me know someone is interested in this piece of .....work.

Scott-

You are off to a great start.

I am about to mention you and your family in my trip report, but I thought that I ought to pop in here to say that it was great to meet you and your family. I wish we could have spent some more time together, but I did enjoy sampling a few beers with you and your dad over at Dave's.

I'm glad that Duane asked about that photo- I was trying to figure it out too. It didn't help that I was reading "Side Surfer" above the knob that said "Side Burner." I was having a heck of a time figuring out what a Side Surfer was.

I hope you get the photobucket thing figured out. I'm sure between you and your DD you will. And don't worry about how long you take to write your report- go at your own pace and do a good job. No need to rush. I'm looking forward to reading the whole thing!

TCD

Thanks Obi Wan

It's funny how clear the picture of the grill became once you told us it was a grill! I'm in for the long haul on this TR and agree with the others. Take your time! We're not going anywhere!

Be careful how much time you tell me to take. I am pretty good at procrastinating.

Scot, I'm very disappointed to hear that there would be no Disney parks for your family.

If only you had been at your site a little more. I heard there was a FF.Net ticket fairy making the rounds.

I am just disappointed that we missed you. I am not sure we would have had time to go to a park. The week flew by as it was.

Lovin the report!!! I agree with everyone else on the pics!! Just toss em up on photobucket and link em!!! Quantity, not quality!!!!!!! (As anyone who has read my trip reports can attest, I post a LOT of blurry pics)

Thanks Carol. I am sure I will make you look good before it's over.

I think you must have spilled something out of a Red Solo Cup onto your camera! :rofl2:

If I had been taking the pics that would be a pretty good guess but with DD it must have been something else. You may say that about my writing though before this is over.

Hey Scot! I'm glad you started your TR. I'm enjoying it so far. Although the subject matter could be a bit more enjoyable. Dog barf, burned out lightbulbs, broken lens covers, blurry camera. C'mon man! Don't you have any intestinal gas or vicious princesses to talk about??

Oh wait, that would be one of my reports. I guess I've got psycho princesses, and you've got barf. We all gotta have our muses, I suppose. :rofl2:

No, I learned a long time ago to stay away from the psycho princesses. Now we may have some of that intestinal gas to talk about before it's over.

WOOHOO!!! Nuttin better than arrival day!!!!

It was a long time coming just like this update. I was so glad to pass through those gates!

Glad you're feelin better and back on top of this TR!

I am still suffering from PFTD but it is getting somewhat better. Oh - Post Fort Trip Depression

Alright! Scot is IN THE HOUSE! The MOUSE HOUSE!

Oh Yeah, We in the house....or we were. Wish we were back!

Thanks for the update Scot! I agree 100%, the Fort is a happy place. 8)

I am sure only those of us that believe know what that means (in all it's various definitions). 8)

Scott don't give up now. We all enjoy seeing someone else's view of Disney/The Fort. :popcorn: You would be amazed at how many pictures I scrap. Luckily now they are digital so I don't have to pay to see that they didn't come out so good. On a good day I think I get about 1 good picture for every 3 to 5 I take, other days it might be 1 in 10 or 20 (or more).

Scott don't give up now. We all enjoy seeing someone else's view of Disney/The Fort. :popcorn: You would be amazed at how many pictures I scrap. Luckily now they are digital so I don't have to pay to see that they didn't come out so good. On a good day I think I get about 1 good picture for every 3 to 5 I take, other days it might be 1 in 10 or 20 (or more).

I haven't given up but I have had a few new challenges with gathering up pics that I already had done once. I am really hoping to get an couple updates in this week and wrap it up next week while we are dead at work.