Brand New Fort Fiend...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the Fiends!

Great pics and a wonderful TR so far! How lucky you guys made out at AK!

Congrats on the engagement and keep the pics coming, we all love pics here!

Yea! A tent camping trip report no less!! So tell me about the weather, how did you fair in the lower temps? I'm loving this report and can't wait to see some pictures, what a magical trip you have had so far!! I'm glad your experience with 2000 was good, I've stayed there twice, first time was awesome, second time was rough (Halloween weekend was nutty!) Looking forward to more!

oh yes, and welcome to fort fiends, your gonna love it here!!! :heart:

Yea! A tent camping trip report no less!! So tell me about the weather, how did you fair in the lower temps? I'm loving this report and can't wait to see some pictures, what a magical trip you have had so far!! I'm glad your experience with 2000 was good, I've stayed there twice, first time was awesome, second time was rough (Halloween weekend was nutty!) Looking forward to more!

oh yes, and welcome to fort fiends, your gonna love it here!!! :heart:

The weather was amazing. Once we were cuddles into bed with covers and blankets, we were fine. I heard about your experience in the 2000 loop. We requested it for Halloween but now second guessing.

Day 3 - Same Cast

Disney Hollywood Studios

With a late start , tummy's full of oatmeal and lanyards on we finally headed out to DHS. SInce we didn't find the pin Josh needed to complete his collection, we were once again stalking, I mean asking Cast Members to see their pins. It started the minute we arrived at the park. Today, was our semi relaxing day. We took our time as this was Josh's first time at DHS. It was about 11 when we arrived and they were already out of FP's for TSM. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. There was no way we were gonna wait two hours, so we moved on, We wandered around, rode some rides, pin traded, We met some really nice people in the process of pin trading and one child said "I think I saw a CM with the pin you needed over near the entrance to Sunset Blvd." What did Josh do? Took off. I mean ran. We looked at every cast member lanyard in the area. That is when I saw the concierage booth. I walked up and low and behold. There was the pin. The tigger pin we had been waiting for. Josh was bouncing as we waited in line. We finally got the pin.

We wandered down Sunset Blvd. just in time to see a street performance. It was hillarious. Josh and I are both huge fans of improv. so this made our day. Next, we decided to try the American Idol Experience. We had some really good singers and Josh declared that he wanted to see the finale show. I was thinking to myself, wait..no fantasmic, no osbourne lights. Nope. he wanted to see the finale. So, we went and played in HISTK playground. Realized I am not a kid anymore. Then it started to get dark. We popped in Osbourne and headed to the AIE finale. We missed lots of rides but hey, we have AP's so it's all good. We made the RNRC, ST, AIEx2, GMR (which Josh says is his fave), M3D, Backlot Tour. Lot's of just wandering.

We headed back to FW and decided we wanted to take a swim. Now, at this point, its about 10pm. We head over to the meadows and creepy.. There was noone there. Completely empty. We settled in the hot tub and about twenty minutes later we were joined by some other adult campers and eventually there were six of us. We met everyone and talked till 12am. Completely relaxed and head over heels in love with FW. Went back to the site, fell fast asleep. Another magical day.

Day 4 - Same cast (remember I am 37 and Josh is 29 at times we act like we are 2.)

EPCOT and CP with Neil Patrick Harris

We arrived at EPCOT around 10am . The crowds were pretty heavy. We got in , had some pictures taken and saw Daisy Duck with not a long line. Josh squealed "I love Daisy Duck." This was news to me. So, we go over to get our pictures taken. It's finally our turn and she notices our just engaged buttons, we makes a huge deal out of this and claps. Draws a huge heart in the air and motions a forever. Then we take pictures with my ring showing and she hugs each of us. Amazing character interaction. As we walk away, I look over and Josh has tears in his eyes. The magic has hit once again. Then we notice Stitch has appeared and we go over to get our picture taken. Stitch hugs each of us and motions to our buttons. Josh makes a joke as we pose for the pictures and I hear this laugh come out of the costume. We got a character to laugh. Wow. Moving on to the Land where we had lunch and rode Soarin. Amazing ride. Then come out and stood in line for Chip and Dale. Chip was mad cause Josh had a Dale pin and not a Chip pin and tried to steal me away from Josh. Walking off with me, etc. Dale took the water bottle we had an started throwing it back and forth and hiding it in the bushes. Hilarious. We walked through Innoventions and tried the Great Piggy Bank Adventure cause there was no line. It was cute. We made our way to a few more rides and then decided to stand in line for the Fab 5. The pictures were cute. I was wearing a Captain Hammer shirt and Pluto went nuts. Cheering at my shirt , clapping and showing everyone. (For those who wonder about this. Its a 45 minute movie with Neil Patrick Harris, Felicia Day and Nathan Fallon produced by Joss Whedon. It's called Dr. Horribles Sing A Long Blog) Twenty five minutes later and lots of laughs, it was time to head into teh WShowcase. Wandered through EPCOT and its starting to get cold and rainy. We are both in shorts/capris and tee shirts. Not expecting this weather. We went to dinner had the CP package. Ate at the Marrakesh. He had the Marrakesh feast and I had the Royal Feast. We stuffed ourselves and headed to take a few pictues and stand in line for the CP. About an hour later, we were seated and it was threatning rain. On and off rain all day. It was cold but it did not matter, we were about to see NPH. The show began and wow. Words cannot express the beauty of this show. The sign interepter was amazing and it looked as if she was dancing as she signed. NPH was as always, inpressive but took everything very serious. Towards the end, he began to sing with the choir and there was not a dry eye in the place. Wonderful job. We walked around and decided hey, lets go get some warm clothes and head to the Magic Kingdom. So, we headed over the Magic Kingdom around 10pm. More rides, more fun. The park was empty. We got out at 1am and went to the Fort and feel asleep.

Day 5 - Same cast

Homeward Bound

We went to Trail's End for breakfast, took some pics and packed up. As we left WDW, I shed a few tears (as usual) but realized we would be coming back home soon.

Overall view of our first time at FW.

Unlike other resorts, you do not get the feeling of being herded. There is no rush to get to your room, get to the restaurants/food courts and then to the buses. We did not encounter the hectic nature you see at the resorts. It was a very calm and peaceful feeling which is needed after a day at the parks. I met some of the nicest people that you typically dont take the oppurtunity to meet at a resort. We had planned on staying at the AKL or WL for our honeymoon but after this week, we are hooked. Fort Wilderness it will be. Five stars. Amazing vacation.

Thank you all for sharing this trip with me.