Flashback.. The belated Thanksgiving 2009 TR

The Delorian gets up to 88 mph and bam... back to December 2009..

Before we could leave we had to make a few shirts (ok probably too many shirts) I think we had at least 2 or 3 shirts for everyone and 6 (one for each day) for Me, DW, DS then 4, and DD then 1. Ok I think I made about 30 or 35 shirts. Here is the best picture of one I have before the trip

SDC10626.jpg

After dropping the dog off at the in-laws we were off at about 7:30 am. The first day we made it to just south of Macon, GA to Byron, GA and called it a day about 8 or 9 pm. The kids traveled well and we made a bunch of miles. The next morning was a little rainy in Georgia but we made it to Frost Proof, FL before dinner. We spent the night with my parents in their motor home. We dropped the kids with grandma and grandpa and were back in the car. Off to Kennedy Space Center. Now I was excited to go see Cape Canaveral, my wife on the other hand not so much. The good news is that she really enjoyed the history and stories and we spent two days there touring the space center.

SDC10637.jpg

Did I mention we were on a 3 hour day week tour?

So Tuesday night we make it back to Frost Proof and spend a few days with my parents and the kids. My DB and DSIL flew in to join the crew. Then over to my cousins for Thanksgiving with the Florida side of the family. Here was a fun picture from there. My DS didn't like showers and grandma and grandpa's motor home doesn't have a bath tub so: (and they allowed this before he rhymed Chuckie)

SDC10644.jpg

Ok on to Sunday of week 2 aka the move from Frost Proof to Disney. Yes the vehicle in front of us in our home for our tour.

SDC10646.jpg

SDC10648.jpg

Ok so we made it to the Fort (ok I have no photographic proof of this). After helping my parents set up the home away from home DB, DSIL, DW and I decided to do a little touring. Our first stop Wilderness lodge. Apparently the bears couldn't make it to the bathroom.

SDC10653.jpg

DB and DSIL

SDC10655.jpg

DW and I

SDC10656.jpg

and with that I will stop for tonight.. Next to the Magic Kingdom.

Another trip report? :jumpforjoy

The shirts always seem like a good idea, but my hubby and son would feel kind of like Lou (see above post ^-^ )

Love the bathtub picture.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Because of how many I've seen, I'm an expert in judging families wearing the same home made tee shirts. So, in the "force the family to wear ugly tees for a week" contest, you win, hands down.

Your kids are going to hate you when they get older and see what you made them wear.

The kids were the easy part (and I bet I can get them to wear them again). My parents on the other hand was a little more difficult but once the shirts are made you use that to your advantage.

So this is the first day headed to the parks, Monday if I remember correctly. Note if you want a historically accurate account of your trip do not wait 2 years to write your trip report. Did I mention that DW and I were staying in a tent next to the motor home for this part of the trip? Another piece of information.. when camping in Fort Wilderness in December it can get rather cold over night. Luckily we had prepared for this and had plenty of sleeping bags and blankets along with a 1500 W space heater. The space heater kept the tent nice and warm even when it was cold out (which was every night).

Here is the only picture I could find of us on the boat to the Magic Kingdom

SDC10657.jpg

Sorry Lou I know you don't like the Monorail.

My family tends to be budget minded frugal cheap. We don't care to over pay for things we don't really want to do. For example we will pay the double a normal nights stay to camp in Fort Wilderness but we pack our snacks and lunches to avoid paying the exorbitant Disney food prices.

We made it through security with a few jokes here and there. They liked the looks of the lunches we had made and the CM wanted to confiscate them to eat them later. So through the main gate on on to our way to the first picture stop.

SDC10658.jpg

Note in the next pictures that the people being photographed and the photographer didn't do that great a job. The models didn't pose very well and the photographer chopped off the top of the castle.

SDC10659.jpg

SDC10660.jpg

SDC10661.jpg

Ok so none of those turned out so great but what do you expect when trying to get a one year old and a 4 year old to pose for pictures. Not wanting to hog the prime picture location any longer we moved on to the group photo.

PittFamily.jpg

Now we have some miscellaneous pictures from our day. For the topiary fans

SDC10663.jpg

And a character signing with Buzz. He seemed pretty proud he could sign the book although I thought it looked pretty easy to pick up the stamp and hit the page in the book.

SDC10665.jpg

Grandpa, “I thought teaching my sons to drive was bad. What was I thinking letting a 4 year old drive.”

SDC10667.jpg

Grandpa now notices he is being photographed.. Look we're having fun (and the 4 year old driver hasn't killed me).

SDC10671.jpg

Next... more characters

SDC10676.jpg

And now for all the IASW haters (or lovers).

SDC10680.jpg

SDC10682.jpg

SDC10683.jpg

Sorry this one is blurry but I had to include it. Obviously my DD thought IASW was as exciting as some of you.

SDC10714.jpg

And the favorite part of IASW for many of you forced to ride it against your will.

SDC10728.jpg

And a picture of the castle later in the day. We did plenty more but just didn't have the camera out.

SDC10732.jpg

If I remember correctly I think we may have hopped parks over to HS for Fantasmic that night. Next more pictures from the trip including how many pictures do you snap of a 4 year old to get the picture you want.

Frugal, cheap? But willing to pay outrageous prices for the Fort? That's why you're a fiend. ;)

Love Grandpa's "Holy crap this kid is a bad driver" face. Bouncing between those rails will give your body a beating, but he recovered well in the next shot.

I think you're doing quite well for being 2 years late. Heck, I can hardly remember what I did yesterday!

I had to look this up. I think it was the Sunday after Thanksgiving (Nov 29) to December 9th. We were there for the parade taping (well for all of about 30 min). We left MK that day and went and froze our butts off at Epcot instead (I think there will be pictures of this later in the TR).

On to day 3 (second day at the parks)..

This day DW and I took our DS and headed to AK. DD got to sleep in with Grandma and Grandpa. On our way we ran into DS favorite characters.

SDC10739.jpg

SDC10740.jpg

SDC10741.jpg

SDC10742.jpg

SDC10743.jpg

Ok for those of you that are counting the number of pictures to get the one you really want in this case is 4!! It was hilarious watching Lilo and Stitch trying to get a 4 year old to that pose with out talking to him. But to their credit they got him there and stayed in character. For some reason they liked the back of his shirt. If I remember correctly my wife was wearing a Wanted poster with Tigger on her shirt. Stitch took the sharpie and pretended to cross it off.

We then went to the festival of the Lion King which is our favorite show not including fireworks. Then we were off to the Safari.. some times you get the horns.. some times you get the..

SDC10750.jpg

This one I got the horns.. and the top of DW and DS's heads. Yeah I have a whole clan of red heads (HELP!!!).

SDC10752.jpg

Heads up..

SDC10759.jpg

and some laziness

SDC10762.jpg

SDC10764.jpg

And can you do AK without the Tree of Life?

SDC10765.jpg

SDC10791.jpg

and after going back to the Fort for dinner some evening time at the MK. I never noticed the guys shirt in front of me but I am sure some of you will like it.

SDC10796.jpg

lighting of the Castle

SDC10797.jpg

and fully lit

SDC10798.jpg

and with that I will wrap up another update. I could use a little harassment encouragement, so if you are enjoying the TR leave a comment.