Whenever mine is not on the road, the tire covers are on. They really aren't that expensive and they protect the tires from UV rays and the associated dry rot.

With me, it's one of those "it doesn't hurt" situations. The RV gets alot of direct sun during the summer lake season. After 2 seasons, those tire covers practically fall apart. Maybe the tire covers are just designed that way, but it seems they are taking some of the "heat" off the tires

I don't have covers on the tires, but I do need to get one for the spare on the rear bumper. When in storage, the TT is parked between two other units, so there is little to no direct sunlight on them, and they are parked on 2x10's on grass and gravel. The spare gets full sunlight for part of the day, I just never got a cover for it.

Since we're talking tire covers...

Ours SAVED our TT yesterday! :banana:

My DH was a bit too enthusiastic about backing our NEW 2012 TT into the driveway yesterday...and backed IN to our garage door! :wetpants:

What saved us from ANY damage??? The plastic-covered spare that sits perched in its spot on the back!!! :whew:

Now, the garage door doesn't look the greatest, but it's old, metal, and can be pushed back into place until we can afford a new one...

• 2 weeks later...

With some of the newer tires it supposedly does not matter. My parents new motorhome (2011) has UV resistant tires and no covers. Their 2003 came with tire covers.

Don't let them feed you that B.S. the advertised U.V. that michelin advertises is good for approx 6 months.. Tell you parents to get tire covers....

I have Ft. Wilderness spare tire covers for my Jeep Wrangler. The original, black, with a larger, older style Ft. Wilderness Mickey (which I actually bought before I had the car) and the new white one (with black writing) that I just discovered at the Meadow store last month. The covers come in four sizes, you just measure the circumference of your tire. I love that my Jeep has a winter outfit and a summer outfit now.

• 3 weeks later...

I have Ft. Wilderness spare tire covers for my Jeep Wrangler. The original, black, with a larger, older style Ft. Wilderness Mickey (which I actually bought before I had the car) and the new white one (with black writing) that I just discovered at the Meadow store last month. The covers come in four sizes, you just measure the circumference of your tire. I love that my Jeep has a winter outfit and a summer outfit now.

My guess is you would want to measure the diameter of the tire, not the circumference.