Meadows Pool Slide to Close for Refurbishment

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere already...but I read in the MouseSavers newsletter that the slide at the Meadows Pool is scheduled to close from 2/6/12-3/2/12 for refurbishment. The pool will remain open.

It seems unusual to me that the slide would need refurbishment already. It's only a few years old. But maybe it needs to be resurfaced or maybe they weren't happy with how something came out when they built it.

Dave-

Thanks for reporting this.

This is, indeed, interesting.

Why would they need to close the three year old slide for a month?

They must be making some kind of significant change.

With any luck, they will postpone the actual work days on this so that it still isn't done by April 1.

Then you and I can return to the Fort and report on the changes!

TCD

Dave-

Thanks for reporting this.

This is, indeed, interesting.

Why would they need to close the three year old slide for a month?

They must be making some kind of significant change.

With any luck, they will postpone the actual work days on this so that it still isn't done by April 1.

Then you and I can return to the Fort and report on the changes!

TCD

TCD I was thinking the same thing

They are also adding muskets that shoot water at you as you go down the slide.

That's not what I heard.

I heard that they were mounting Melvin the Moose up there, and he was going to spit water at the folks waiting on line.

It seems he has gotten a bit grouchy from all that time he spent backstage at Pioneer Hall.

It is going to take them a month to get it all programmed.

This is complicated stuff we are talking about here.

TCD

• 2 months later...

They did shut the whole pool down for a day or two to clean the concrete and re-caulk all the seams while we were there in Jan/Feb. So maybe that was what they meant.

While it was shut, did they let you swim at Wilderness Lodge? That's what they did for us when we were there November 2010. The Meadows Pool was closed for our whole visit, but we did have fun at Wilderness Lodge.

I vaguely remember seeing a piece of paper stuck to one of the golf carts that we were using about the pool being closed for a day or two. I glanced at it, and they did say you could use the Wilderness Lodge pool. We're not pool people, so didn't pay a lot of attention to it.

(I know, bad Carol, all official "notices" should be scanned in and posted here)