First trip to the fort since losing my wife, any tips?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we have anything to say about it, it will be. The FHF gears are turning.

Today is a very special day for FF.Net and Fiends Helping Fiends. It's an example of what makes FF.Net very special. I'll be stopping by Warren's, BayLakeCampers, site later this afternoon to present

If it were me, this is what I'd want. I'm sure parts of it will be hard, but hopefully the happy memories will bring you some peace.

Sorry about your loss. I think taking your regular trip is a wonderful idea. You will no doubt have many memories of you wife from your previous trips. You and the kids will walk past something and say "Remember when mom did......." Embrace those memories and make many more new ones. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your kids.

Enjoy your trip and that Beautiful New Motoe Home!!!

• 4 months later...

I am very sorry to hear about your wife. I was not on FF when this thread started and am now reading your thread about getting to the Fort. I can't imagine what it must be like but believe taking time with your kids at WDW has got ot be one of the best things you could do to help all of you through this time. I started reading this story and then tried to put myself in your shoes thinking about my wife and it was almost overwhelming just thinking about it. I don't know you at all at this point but I hope I get the chance one day because you sound like an amazing husband and dad......and I am sure you're wife was a great wife and mom. I continue to learn about the kindness and greatness of individuals here on FF.net and your story is one more reason that I am proud to be here. If you are ever up "north" and need anything, let me know and I will be on the way! Looking forward to looping by and meeting you on a future Fort trip.

Life is what you make of it. Some of the happiest times you remenber are at WDW--your wife would want you to remember those times. You show great strength in coming back. I'm glad you chose to do it now. It's ok to have tears when you remember; but remember to smile as you remember those wonderful times. All of us welcome you with open arms and look forward to helping you create new memories. :heart:

Today is a very special day for FF.Net and Fiends Helping Fiends. It's an example of what makes FF.Net very special.

I'll be stopping by Warren's, BayLakeCampers, site later this afternoon to present him with a check for $500.

For those that missed it or were not members of FF.Net at the time, we had a secret fund raising effort to raise funds in honor of Warren's wife who was taken from him and his family way too soon not that long ago. This is their first visit to the Fort without her.

Her act, and Warren's as well, of bravery in attempting to help a dog that was struck by a car and the resulting extreme sacrifice, demanded that FHF do something in her honor.

The check is made out to her favorite animal rescue organization, Phoenix Rising Border Collie Rescue, in her behalf.

The names of the very generous Fiends that contributed will be given to Warren as well.

Thanks to them, and you know who you are, we've done a very good thing and I was pleased to be a part of it.

My special thanks to Jen for her patience in putting up with my nagging to get me this and I need that.

Yes, I used the words Jen and patience in the same sentence.

For those that didn't know about it or weren't able to be a part of it, you can still do so by visiting the Phoenix Rising Border Collie Rescue web site and donating on your own. Make sure you include who it's in behalf of.

PM me if you need her full name.