1500 loop is beautiful! We stayed in the 1600 loop last Christmas and walked by it every day as we strolled along the water to the road. Very nice... Definately upscale tenting. I've seen your tent set up, Steph. You'll fall in love with the fort. 1500 is close to the pool, and Trading post too...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I just say how much I LOVE the community feel of this board? I am not a very active poster but, even when I was posting a lot, I never felt like part of anything "over there". I felt like there

....I TOLD you, Steph!!!!! These fiends are AMAZING!!!!!!! You'll be getting your SNARKY on real quick! Doodle lives just north of us. We plan to do a meet and greet sometime soon. I'll have to ta

So dh and I talked a bit more about my trip this morning. He seems to be open to it but $$$ is a fcator. Just need to find a way to come up with some cash and I'm all set! I think he liked hearing

1500 loop is beautiful! We stayed in the 1600 loop last Christmas and walked by it every day as we strolled along the water to the road. Very nice... Definately upscale tenting. I've seen your tent set up, Steph. You'll fall in love with the fort. 1500 is close to the pool, and Trading post too...

Deb, I would be taking both tents and the canopy. That would work right? I'm also looking at the camp kitchen Judy has. Tina got one for Xmas and I thought about borrowing hers but cabela's has it on sale right now. I'm thinking it would be great with or without the camper.

Deb, I would be taking both tents and the canopy. That would work right? I'm also looking at the camp kitchen Judy has. Tina got one for Xmas and I thought about borrowing hers but cabela's has it on sale right now. I'm thinking it would be great with or without the camper.

Oh yeah, it'd fit...Take a stroll through some of the fort photos here. These guys have camp set ups refined. Big, outdoor living spaces...complete with blenders, fridges, bicylces and decor! I've been taking notes for our tent set up behind the camper next Christmas...

Also depending on when your trip is, if there are fiends there they could loan you some things. This way you wouldn't have to pack as much. There are also some of us that live close and some closer lol. But if we could be of help in any way just let us know.

Also I am sure when TJ sees this he will help you out with the A/C he has one for his tent

:annce:

Hey Steph, I just read another post that says Trail's End has a kick butt gluten-free breakfast! (It's located at the fort by the marina) XBoater has a child who must avoid gluten as well and has raved about it.

Add it to your list...a no-cook no-clean up morning for Mamasteph!

Also depending on when your trip is, if there are fiends there they could loan you some things. This way you wouldn't have to pack as much. There are also some of us that live close and some closer lol. But if we could be of help in any way just let us know.

And again, most amazing group ever!!!!!! :worship:

:annce:

Hey Steph, I just read another post that says Trail's End has a kick butt gluten-free breakfast! (It's located at the fort by the marina) XBoater has a child who must avoid gluten as well and has raved about it.

Add it to your list...a no-cook no-clean up morning for Mamasteph!

And do you remember one of my favorite reasons for going to Disney? They are the BEST with food allergies! I think it is the only place we go where I do not worry about her getting sick afterwards. At home, she really doesn't even like going out to eat anymore since she always feels icky afterwards.

Really? Did you take camp chairs and air mattresses and everything? My minivan has the stow and go and we are good when it comes to packing light with clothes but everything else seems to take up so much space!

Yep, sure did

camping chairs for all of us

a camp kitchen

stove

one plug in cooler

1 regular cooler

a bunk cot (I'll send you the link to this, I LOVE IT and it saves us alot of space)

queen air mattress for me and baby

food

19 x 12 tent

easy up canopy

2 out door rugs

1 rv mat

and a slew of other stuff...lol I think you get the picture..

Steph, check this out

http://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-Big-Bear-Bunk-Cot/dp/B004TXY21C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1327248217&sr=8-2

I hope that works, the kids says it super comfortable so I can put two kids in the space the size of one twin mattress, of all my goodies, this is my favorite peice. It's pricey, but I feel like it's totally worth it,

Have you thought about trying to do Halloween at the fort? I can tell you it's simply amazing!! and we will be there :)

So dh and I talked a bit more about my trip this morning. He seems to be open to it but $$$ is a fcator. Just need to find a way to come up with some cash and I'm all set! I think he liked hearing about the fiends and knowing that I would have people nearby to help if I needed it.

Steph, check this out

http://www.amazon.co...27248217&sr=8-2

I hope that works, the kids says it super comfortable so I can put two kids in the space the size of one twin mattress, of all my goodies, this is my favorite peice. It's pricey, but I feel like it's totally worth it,

Have you thought about trying to do Halloween at the fort? I can tell you it's simply amazing!! and we will be there :)

Judy that looks great!! I can't spend any extra money right now though. We will have to make do cramped in with air mattresses or use both tents. Either way, we would be fine! Heck, we'll be at Disney!

Steph, check this out

http://www.amazon.co...27248217&sr=8-2

Love this! H and I are looking into cots instead of the darn air beds that fall flat after a few uses! :gaah: Since lil H is a cubscout we tent several times a year. Perfect-O.

Love this! H and I are looking into cots instead of the darn air beds that fall flat after a few uses! :gaah: Since lil H is a cubscout we tent several times a year. Perfect-O.

this thing really is neat, I've been using it for two years now so it's durable, if it can survive my clan.. it can survive anything lol

I have yet to find a decent air mattress for me and dad.

this thing really is neat, I've been using it for two years now so it's durable, if it can survive my clan.. it can survive anything lol

I have yet to find a decent air mattress for me and dad.

I hear ya.... but whether it can survive Gabe remains to be determined. ;D

We are looking into cots for us too! For what we've invested in airbeds we could have bought new bedroom furniture by now! :argh:

2011-07-16110843.jpg

I built this rig for $15 to hook a widow unit I had to my tent. Not pretty or as fancy as TJ but it worked really well.

Mike, I don't care how it looks and I like cheap so it looks good to me! Did it keep you cool? That's what matters.

Ok found this thread. Welcome Mama Steph!!!!

I'm getting ready to head to work but I'll fix up some pics and post tomorrow about a/c tenting..lol

P.S. what kind of tents do you have? got pictures of them?

TJ, I have this one http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=2000007832&categoryid=11025&brand= and this one http://www.target.com/p/Embark-9-Person-Cabin-Tent-With-Screen-Porch-14-x15/-/A-11899627

If I can only do AC in one, we can all cram in to sleep.

That's a tough one. Because to be effective, it has to be elevated over the tent completely, pulled tight to avoid sagging and filling with water. I much prefer to have a canopy, EZ-Up, or some other kind of shelter, over the entrance, and waterproof the tent thoroughly. I seal the seams with the seam sealer stuff, and spray the rainfly and all surfaces with waterproofing spray. Then set up the tent using EVERY stake down point and EVERY guy wire, and stretch it tight. If set up properly, and waterproofed well, a tent should not leak.

I agree with Carol. A couple of EZ-ups, a fly, and a sealed tent should be fine.

You know the drill...

Sealed seams and no tubs or "furniture" pushing on tent sides should keep you dry. When Mike and I tented, we'd bring an oversized tarp to create a quick lean-to style cover (way above the tents) IF the pending rainstorm was torential. Just think about a plan when you are setting up. Pick even ONE tree as a possible high anchor for a tarp.

Of course, that's ONLY as needed.

A sealed tent is a good tent!

Air-conditioning a tent, what I have learned....

1. You need a tent that can be sealed as much as possible, (to hold in the cool air).

2. As soon as you open the door, ALL the cool air is gone!!! (theres nothing in a tent to get cold)

So, now the fun stuff...

best and cheapest way to go is a window unit like this

tentingaircondition.jpg

The unit is outside the tent, "gives you more room inside" and the cost of the unit is alot better than a portable unit.

You can get a NEW 5K unit for $99 or less. And to make the cold air intake and exhaust use cardboard boxes, dryer hose and lots of duct tape.

You need to make a cold air intake and exhaust hose setup for the best results. Also you will need something to set the a/c up on to get it off the ground, a couple bricks or pieces of 2x4 will work.

Or you can get a portable unit like this...

IMAG0569.jpg

IMAG0573.jpg

This unit sits inside the tent, has a exhaust hose that comes with it "to exhaust the hot air", but the intake for the hot air is

inside the tent. So it is constantly pulling outside air into the tent. You will need to make a hot air intake setup to run outside the

tent. Again cardboard, dryer hose, and duct tape! Another little problem is the a/c makes condensation. You have to dump the pan in the unit once a day to keep it from running over make a puddle.

This is a pic of the "hot air intake" setup I did for mine.

IMAG0571.jpg

Then you just run the hoses in or out of the tent.

P.S. Nice choice on the Coleman Instant Up Tent!!

I have the 12

000_0563.jpg

100_0410.jpg

100_1387.jpg

100_0502.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

Thanks TJ, awesome description! I will have to have dh look at it and see what he can do. The window unit outside seems to make more sense. Did you cut hole in the tent to vent it or use the door? Also, do you have something set up over your coleman 12 or just the easy up at the entrance? Trying to figure out my setup. And that bacon looks divine!!!!

Thanks TJ, awesome description! I will have to have dh look at it and see what he can do. The window unit outside seems to make more sense. Did you cut hole in the tent to vent it or use the door? Also, do you have something set up over your coleman 12 or just the easy up at the entrance? Trying to figure out my setup. And that bacon looks divine!!!!

I used the door, but i have two in my tent. And thats 4 ez ups covering the tent and a wind screen around one of the ez ups and then the whole thing has mesh screen around it!

How did that BACON get in there?? :rofl2: