One More Disney Day, any Fiends going to be there?

From the Disney Parks blog...

Commemorate One More Disney Day with Disney Parks Merchandise

posted on February 28th, 2012 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

odm125926SMALL.jpg

I’m looking forward to celebrating One More Disney Day on February 29. I plan to be in Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort that morning for this unique celebration. My fellow Disney Parks Blog author Erin Glover recently told you about a special ear hat being distributed that day at Disneyland park. Disney Theme Park Merchandise has created a few additional retail items to commemorate Leap Day 2012.

odm230172SMALL.jpg

I think Disney ear hats are the quintessential souvenir from Disney Parks (everyone I know has one!). I still have my mouse ears from my first visit in July 1983. We are offering special embroidery on a classic black ear hat to celebrate One More Disney Day. These embroidered hats will be offered for sale at The Chapeau, Curtain Call Collectibles, and Sir Mickey’s at Magic Kingdom Park in Florida, and at the Mad Hatter shop in Disneyland park.

odm691237SMALL.jpg

Artist Jeff Granito designed a playful logo that will be used on shirts for women, men and kids. The logo will also be found on a zipper fleece jacket created only for Disneyland Resort. The nice part is that these apparel items will also be sold via the Disney Parks Online Store from February 29 through March 1. Some of you may recall that we did a similar thing for the 40th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort last October.

odm728912SMALL.jpg

The Leap Day logo will also be found on an artisan watch that will be offered at New Century Jewelry in Disneyland park and Uptown Jewelers at Magic Kingdom Park in Florida.

Lastly (and probably my favorite), there will be delicious cupcakes, caramel apples and cake pops with the Leap Day logo being offered at both parks. You know what I will be eating on February 29.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/commemorate-one-more-disney-day-with-disney-parks-merchandise/

From WDW Magic...

The official Disney Parks Blog has just revealed the merchandise range for tomorrow's 'One More Disney Day' event. The T-shirts range from $24.95 to $31.95, with the fleece jacket at $59.95. If you are not going to be in the parks, you can also get the merchandise online at the Disney Parks Online Store from from February 29 to March 1 2012.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Events/One-More-Disney-Day/News/28Feb2012-PHOTOS---A-look-at-the-%27One-More-Disney-Day%27-merchandise.htm

OK, I kept hoping that dh would surprise me and tell me he bought me a plane ticket and was sending me down for One More Day. I guess since it starts in 13 hours I need to give up the dream. :'( I can't believe how upset I am over this!! I truly feel a sense of entitlement to be there since it's my birthday.

I know, the sun doesn't shine out my arse. Or does it?????? :tounge-smiley:

WDW Magic just posted an updated version of their master list of "stuff" - not sure exactly what changed...

In honor of the leap year, the Magic Kingdom will open on Wednesday 29 February 2012 at 6am, and close Thursday March 1 at 6am. The park will then re-open again at 9am for normal on Thursday.

UPDATED: February 28 6:17pm EST.

Attractions

All currently operating attractions are expected to be open, but the following have special hours:

Country Bear Jamboree 10am on Wednesday to 6am on Thursday

Haunted Mansion 6am on Wednesday to 5am on Thursday

It's a Small World 6am on Wednesday to 4am on Thursday

Liberty Square Riverboat 11am on Wednesday to 7pm on Wednesday

Pirates of the Caribbean 6am on Wednesday to 5am on Thursday

Space Mountain 6am on Wednesday to 4am on Thursday

Splash Mountain 6am on Wednesday to 4am on Thursday

Tom Sawyer Island 10am to 5:30pm on Wednesday

Railroad 6am to 7pm on Wednesday

Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin closed 1:30am to 4am on Thursday

Mad Tea Party closed 12am to 3am on Thursday

Peter Pan's Flight closed 2am to 4am on Thursday

Snow White's Scary Adventures closed 1am to 2:30am on Thursday

NOTE: FASTPASS will end at 8pm on Wed.

Dining

Casey's Corner 11am on Wednesday to 6am on Thursday

Columbia Harbour House 11am to 10pm

Cosmic Ray's 10am on Werdnesday to 6am on Thursday

Pecos Bill 10:30am on Wednesday to 2am on Thursday

Pinocchio Village Haus 10:30am to 10pm

Tortuga Tavern 11am to 3pm

The Plaza Restaurant open until 3am on Thursday

Breakfast will be available from 3am to 6am at The Lunching Pad, Main Street Bakery, Sleep Hollow, Westward Ho and Cosmic Ray's.

Entertainment

Welcome Show - 5:50am

Main Street Trolley Show - 6:15am, 7:15am, 8:15am, 9:15am, 10:10am, 12pm on Wednesday

The Magic, Memories and You! - 7:45pm, 9pm, 11pm on Wednesday, 5:30am on Thursday

Wishes - 8pm on Wednesday

Main Street Electrical parade - 10pm, 12am on Wednesday

Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade - 3pm on Wednesday

Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It! Street Party - 11am, 12:30pm, 5:40pm on Wednesday

Dream Along with Mickey - 1:15pm, 2:15pm, 4:15pm, 5:15pm, 6:30pm, 7:20pm on Wednesday

Adventureland Fairies Meet and Greet - 6:15am Wednesday through until 5:30am on Thursday

Aladdin Meet and Greet - 6:30am to 3:45pm Wednesday

Tangled Play and Greet - 9:15am on Wednesday through to 5:30am on Thursday

Alice in Wonderland Characters - 6:15am to 12:15pm on Wednesday

Pooh meet and Greet - 10:15am on Wednesday to 3:30am on Thursday

Woody and Jessie Meet and Greet - 9:30am on Wednesday to 4:30am on Thursday

Donald Duck Meet and Greet - 6am to 2:35pm on Wednesday

Princess and the Frog Meet and Greet - 9:30am to 9pm on Wednesday

Town Square Theater Princesses - 6am on Wednesday to 5:00am on Thursday

Town Square Theater Mickey Mouse - 6am to 10pm on Wednesday

Frontierland Hoedown - 9:55am, 10:40am, 11:40am on Wednesday. 2:45am, 3:30am, 4:30am on Thursday

Castle Hub Dance Party - 1am to 5:30am

Merchandise

Special embroidered ear hats are available at The Chapeau, Curtain Call Collectibles, and Sir Mickey's.

Commemorative 'One More Disney Day' apparel available at The Emporum and online at disneystore.com/onemoredisneyday through March 1.

Limited Edition watch available at Main Street Cinema.

View photos of the merchandise range.

Transporation

Express Monorail

- Wed 4:45am to 12:00am

- Thur 12am to 1am. 8:30am to 10pm

Resort Monorail

- Wed 4:45am to 12am

- Thur 12am to 10:30pm

Epcot Monorail

- Wed 8am to 10pm

- Thur 8am to 10pm

Bus Transportation

- Begins from WDW resorts at 4:35pm and will operate until the Magic Kingdom is clear on the morning of Thursday

Boat Transportation

- Ferryboats will operate from 4:45am to 1am

- Gold Route Launch (MK, Grand Floridian, Polynesian) will run from 5:30am to 1am

- Blue Route Launch (Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge will run from 6:45am to 11:30pm

- Red (Magic Kingdom to Wilderness Lodge) and Green ( Magic Kingdom to Fort Wilderness) Route Launch 4:45am on Wed to park clear on Thur morning

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Events/One-More-Disney-Day.htm

My TH would look real sweet on that blacktop too...

...well it would if it still had unchewed water & electric lines anyway...

From the Disney Parks blog...

One More Disney Day Kicks Off at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on February 29th, 2012 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

“Good morning, everyone, and welcome to the Magic Kingdom where today we celebrate One More Disney Day!”

gir558932LARGE.jpg

This was the welcome that the Mayor of Main Street, U.S.A., gave to the crowd of excited guests who gathered at the front of the park at 6 a.m. today to kick off the One More Disney Day 24-hour celebration.

Just minutes later, thousands of guests poured into the park to begin their full day of fun. So far, we’ve seen Mickey and Minnie in pajamas, guests celebrating special Leap Year birthdays, a couple who will attempt to visit both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts in the next 24 hours!

Check out the photo gallery below for a look at today’s festivities.

min228950THUMB.jpg kis339021THUMB.jpg mic448923THUMB.jpg omd114893LARGE.jpg ear668930THUMB.jpg gru779402THUMB.jpg yel882940THUMB.jpg mik995703THUMB.jpg cel110489THUMB.jpg mdd111489THUMB.jpg ppl120955THUMB.jpg wal118943THUMB.jpg ted148292THUMB.jpg par142281THUMB.jpg mer152389THUMB.jpg flo163899THUMB.jpg gil179403THUMB.jpg lad183742THUMB.jpg fam197482THUMB.jpg sti208899THUMB.jpg cas228195THUMB.jpg ora338921THUMB.jpg cho442893THUMB.jpg blu558923THUMB.jpg cak668932THUMB.jpg shi779856THUMB.jpg wom884024THUMB.jpg twe995644THUMB.jpg

Keep checking back, as we’ll update this post with new photos later today!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/one-more-disney-day-kicks-off-at-magic-kingdom-park/

I don't get it. What's to report?

The only thing different is that MK opened 3 hours earlier and that it will be open 3 hours later than they ever have been. The rest is the same old, same old.

Oh wait, they're giving out special buttons, selling special T shirts, and Mickey ears.

Oops, forgot the special cup cakes.