One More Disney Day, any Fiends going to be there?

I know of at least one Fiend that will be at MK for the special event, anyone else?

Of course I'll be there at some point too, just not sure yet if it'll be business or pleasure.

WDW buses will be operating round the clock, so that should be very interesting.

You don't need a special ticket.

It's the first time that DL and MK have been open for 24 hours at the same time, so be part of Disney history and stop by if you can.

You got any good info about this event?

When you say bus transportation will be going for 24 hours, do you mean from 6:30 am on the 29th until 6:30 am on the 1st?

What if someone wants to get to the MK entrance before 6:30 am to see the opening ceremony, for example?

I have heard that there will be a passholder event at the TTC at 5:30 am. Will guests have to drive there?

How about boats and monorails?

TCD

You got any good info about this event?

All that's been published so far is that MK will be open at 6am on the 29th and close at 6am on the 1st. Then reopen at it's usual time on the 1st.

I don't have anything on special events.

The link below doesn't have much either. I'm thinking it's going to be like the 40th anniversary. Last minute announcements of nothing much.

http://www.onemoredisneyday.com/

When you say bus transportation will be going for 24 hours, do you mean from 6:30 am on the 29th until 6:30 am on the 1st?

MK actually opens at 6am on the 29th, so buses have to be running early enough to get guests to MK by 6am and also to get them back to the resorts at 6am on the next day.

I have heard that there will be a passholder event at the TTC at 5:30 am. Will guests have to drive there?

I haven't see anything on this event, but I'm not an APholder. Did you receive something on it?

As MK will open at 6am, buses should be running early enough to bring guests to any earlier events

I haven't see anything on this event, but I'm not an APholder. Did you receive something on it?

As MK will open at 6am, buses should be running early enough to bring guests to any earlier events

I heard about it after the fact, but they made an offer to passholders to apply for "Leap Ears" which apparently are going to be special mouse ears for the event. They only gave away 1000 of these, and the registration got closed before most passholders heard anything about it (typical).

The people who won the Leap Ears have been issued vouchers and are supposed to show up at the TTC before 5:30 to claim them.

Thanks for confirming that there has not been much information published about this event.

TCD

A little more info.

There will be media activity such as radio and TV broadcasts.

Entertainment is planned around the clock.

A limited amount of commemorative merchandise will be available and is expected to be offered on-line for 48 hours after the event.

After midnight, most attractions will stay open, with a few brief, staggered closures for routine maintenance.

Just found this on WDW Magic...

Entertainment line-up and schedule for upcoming Leap Day 'One More Disney Day' event

Feb 19, 2012

We have a provisional line-up of the entertainment offerings for the upcoming 'One More Disney Day' event at the Magic Kingdom. These are not yet officially confirmed, and always, are subject to change.

In honor of the leap year, the Magic Kingdom will open on Wednesday 29 February 2012 at 6am, and close Thursday March 1 at 6am. The park will then re-open again at 9am for normal on Thursday.

Schedule

Attractions - Most attractions will be operating for the full 24 hours, but some will require closing at times for essential maintenance. This is expected to be done on a rolling basis, staggered throughout the early hours.

Dining - At least one restaurant will be open at all times.

The following list is not the complete line-up, but indicates some of the offerings that will differ to a normal operating day.

Welcome Show - 5:50am

Main Street Trolley Show - 6:15am, 7:15am, 8:15am, 9:15am, 10:10am, 12pm on Wednesday

The Magic, Memories and You! - 7:45pm, 9pm, 11pm on Wednesday, 5:30am on Thursday

Wishes - 8pm on Wednesday

Main Street Electrical parade - 10pm, 12am on Wednesday

Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade - 3pm on Wednesday

Movie It, Shake It, Celebrate It! Street Party - 11am, 12:30pm, 5:40pm on Wednesday

Dream Along with Mickey - 1:15pm, 2:15pm, 4:15pm, 5:15pm, 6:30pm, 7:20pm on Wednesday

Adventureland Fairies Meet and Greet - 9:15am Wednesday through until 5:30am on Thursday

Aladdin Meet and Greet - 6:30am to 3:45pm Wednesday

Tangled Play and Greet - 9:15am on Wednesday through to 5:30am on Thursday

Alice in Wonderland Characters - 6:15am to 12:15pm on Wednesday

Pooh meet and Greet - 10:15am on Wednesday to 3:30am on Thursday

Woody and Jessie Meet and Greet - 9:30am on Wednesday to 4:30am on Thursday

Donald Duck Meet and Greet - 6am to 2:35pm on Wednesday

Princess and the Frog Meet and Greet - 9:30am to 9pm on Wednesday

Town Square Theater Princesses - 9am on Wednesday to 5:30am on Thursday

Town Square Theater Mickey Mouse - 6am to 10pm on Wednesday

Frontierland Hoedown - 2:45am, 3:30am, 4:30am on Thursday

Castle Hub Dance Party with live DJ

A couple more additional surprise characters, expected to be Phineas and Ferb, Captain Jack Sparrow.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Magic-Kingdom/News/19Feb2012-Entertainment-line-up-and-schedule-for-upcoming-Leap-Day-%27One-More-Disney-Day%27-event.htm

I know I promised not to rile Lou up with any more monorail info but.... well.... tough noogies... :raspberry:

From WDW Magic

Monorail schedule for 'One More Disney Day' event

Feb 21, 2012

Here is the provisional monorail schedule for next week's 'One More Disney Day' event beginning on Wednesday 29 February 2012. As always, hours are subject to change.

Express Monorail

- Wed 5am to 1:30am

- Thur 8:30am to 10pm

Resort Monorail

- Wed 5am to 12am

- Thur 12am to 10pm

Epcot Monorail

- Wed 8am to 10pm

- Thur 8am to 10pm

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Transportation/Monorail/News/21Feb2012-Monorail-schedule-for-%27One-More-Disney-Day%27-event.htm

Summary of all info from WDW Magic...

Description

In honor of the leap year, the Magic Kingdom will open on Wednesday 29 February 2012 at 6am, and close Thursday March 1 at 6am. The park will then re-open again at 9am for normal on Thursday.

UPDATED: February 23 11:23am EST.

Attractions

All currently operating attractions are expected to be open, but the following have special hours:

Country Bear Jamboree 10am on Wednesday to 6am on Thursday

Haunted Mansion 6am on Wednesday to 5am on Thursday

It's a Small World 6am on Wednesday to 4am on Thursday

Liberty Square Riverboat 11am on Wednesday to 7pm on Wednesday

Pirates of the Caribbean 6am on Wednesday to 5am on Thursday

Space Mountain 6am on Wednesday to 4am on Thursday

Splash Mountain 6am on Wednesday to 4am on Thursday

Tom Sawyer Island 10am to 5:30pm on Wednesday

Railroad 6am to 7pm on Wednesday

Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin closed 1:30am to 4am on Thursday

Mad Tea Party closed 12am to 3am on Thursday

Peter Pan's Flight closed 2am to 4am on Thursday

Snow White's Scary Adventures closed 1am to 2:30am on Thursday

Dining

Casey's Corner 11am on Wednesday to 6am on Thursday

Columbia Harbour House 11am to 10pm

Cosmic Ray's 10am on Werdnesday to 6am on Thursday

Pecos Bill 10:30am on Wednesday to 2am on Thursday

Pinocchio Village Haus 10:30am to 10pm

Tortuga Tavern 11am to 3pm

The Plaza Restaurant open until 3am on Thursday

Breakfast will be available from 3am to 6am at The Lunching Pad, Main Street Bakery, Sleep Hollow, Westward Ho and Cosmic Ray's.

Entertainment

Welcome Show - 5:50am

Main Street Trolley Show - 6:15am, 7:15am, 8:15am, 9:15am, 10:10am, 12pm on Wednesday

The Magic, Memories and You! - 7:45pm, 9pm, 11pm on Wednesday, 5:30am on Thursday

Wishes - 8pm on Wednesday

Main Street Electrical parade - 10pm, 12am on Wednesday

Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade - 3pm on Wednesday

Movie It, Shake It, Celebrate It! Street Party - 11am, 12:30pm, 5:40pm on Wednesday

Dream Along with Mickey - 1:15pm, 2:15pm, 4:15pm, 5:15pm, 6:30pm, 7:20pm on Wednesday

Adventureland Fairies Meet and Greet - 6:15am Wednesday through until 5:30am on Thursday

Aladdin Meet and Greet - 6:30am to 3:45pm Wednesday

Tangled Play and Greet - 9:15am on Wednesday through to 5:30am on Thursday

Alice in Wonderland Characters - 6:15am to 12:15pm on Wednesday

Pooh meet and Greet - 10:15am on Wednesday to 3:30am on Thursday

Woody and Jessie Meet and Greet - 9:30am on Wednesday to 4:30am on Thursday

Donald Duck Meet and Greet - 6am to 2:35pm on Wednesday

Princess and the Frog Meet and Greet - 9:30am to 9pm on Wednesday

Town Square Theater Princesses - 6am on Wednesday to 5:00am on Thursday

Town Square Theater Mickey Mouse - 6am to 10pm on Wednesday

Frontierland Hoedown - 9:55am, 10:40am, 11:40am on Wednesday. 2:45am, 3:30am, 4:30am on Thursday

Castle Hub Dance Party - 1am to 5:30am

Merchandise

Special embroidered ear hats are available at The Chapeau, Curtain Call Collectibles, and Sir Mickey's.

Commemorative 'One More Disney Day' apparel available at The Emporum and online at disneystore.com/onemoredisneyday through March 1.

Limited Edition watch available at Main Street Cinema.

Transporation

Express Monorail

- Wed 5am to 1:30am

- Thur 8:30am to 10pm

Resort Monorail

- Wed 5am to 12am

- Thur 12am to 10pm

Epcot Monorail

- Wed 8am to 10pm

- Thur 8am to 10pm

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Events/One-More-Disney-Day.htm