CKCK "Photos and Thoughts" trip report, 2/11-2/16

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am just :heart:ing this TR! Great photos. (and descriptive details of Hector and crew) A few comments... 1. Practicing handbells? Why not? My DD brings her fife everywhere.... My DS12 uses the

Ok, finishing up Wishes...

I have to admit, I was totally unprepared to take nighttime castle/fireworks pictures. I should have had a plan on what settings I wanted on my camera, but I didn't. So I was winging it the whole time. I squeaked out a few decent pics, but could/should have had much more.

6899716165_723b78fed8.jpg

6899716763_e841ed5130.jpg

6899716929_b108572d41.jpg

6899717069_9d8acddcf4.jpg

As we were walking down Mainstreet to find a spot to watch the show, we spotted these:

6899716447_6392157a96.jpg

What the Fort?

Who wears those?

And mind you, this was not a 1st grader. This was a straight up teenager.

I feel old...

We got to see the Magic, Memories, and You.

It was hard to see the pics on the caslte, but cool anyway.

Wishes was pretty darn cool from the park.

6899717811_a1e7a2b25b.jpg

6899717941_c1acec28ab.jpg

6899718027_329a15f4a8.jpg

This was the only pic I was able to get of Tinkerbell flying down.

Fail.

6899718175_7e2fb907da.jpg

6899718349_9d708f389d.jpg

6899718475_a2266b120e.jpg

6899718719_3d85cff084.jpg

6899718865_6384d1ec87.jpg

At this point I gave up trying to get fireworks pictures and just enjoyed it.

The worst thing about Wishes in the park?

The crowd getting out.

RIDICULOUS.

We were near the rose garden (right below Tink's zip line). The wives had this idea that we would take the route through the shops so they could look at stuff and avoid the crowds.

Great idea...if we could get there.

Finally we made our way down and over and ducked in the shops. Hector and I took two of the three strollers and headed out to wait by the boat launch.

This is what we were dealing with:

6899719077_df84b0527f.jpg

Longest day ever.

As we were getting ready to call it a night, the new camper that had just arrived accross the street from us asked for my help in charging her rental GC. She also had a rental camper, but it wasn't Donnie's.

This was her rental GC. I got pics of it the next day.

6899762487_19f00f5e2c.jpg

6899761851_a218fd17e3.jpg

Anyone know about this company? I wasn't there when the TT was delivered.

It kind of bothered me that the number and website was plastered all over the cart. Just asking for trouble if you ask me. To me it's just like their thumbing their nose at the Fort management.

I was going to talk to the lady about FF.net later in our trip and how she found that rental company, but never got a chance to. If I had been thinking I would have put a FF card on her GC, but apparently I'm stupid and didn't even think about it at the time.

Fail.

Tomorrow:

Girls go to Akershus for breakfast

Guys do Epcot Ropedrop

Soarin'

Test Track

Other rides (including The Land)

Frozen drinks

Beer

and another GAG!!!

Love the picture of the castle and the fireworks, theye are pretty awesome! Hate trying to get out of the park afterwards.

I agree with you on the rental GC. It is not only thumbing noses at Fort management but looks a little tacky.

Poor little Angels, did they sleep all the way back to the Fort?

Gosh, so much to comment on......

First & foremost, this TR is far from boring!!

Hector is 6'8", WOW! That is almost two feet taller than me! I hope he is never in front of me while watching a parade.

Great angles on the castle shots.

The girls are adorable, and I don't blame your youngest for only waving bye at the Princesses. That's as close as I will get to them too.

You look like you were having a great time on the teacups, and "Rocking On" in Buzz.

Not much to say about the flying tennis shoes. I always enjoy people watching at the parks, and sometimes wonder if some people had access to a mirror that morning.

Fireworks shots are so hit and miss, but good effort on getting Tinkerbell. She kind of resembles a glow worm in that shot! :rofl2:

The rvhotel business must be doing well as I have seen at least one, on my last 3 or 4 visits. I guess as long as they're paying the Fort for the site, the Fort is happy.

Frozen drinks, beer and another GAG...you are speaking my language. Looking forward to it.

Wow. This TR is gaining momentum. Let's see if I've got it all.

Initiate great debate about tea......check

Awesome pics of the rope drop......check

Cute little ones asleep in the stroller.....check

Very insightful comment on societel perceived norms for body composition.....check

Cool pics of the Castle at night.....check

Obscure reference to hand bells.....check

Unusual shoes with wings....check

OUTSTANDING HAT WORN WILL RIDING TEA CUPS....CHECK.....DOUBLE CHECK....and an almost unprecedetned TRIPLE CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just :heart:ing this TR! Great photos. (and descriptive details of Hector and crew)

A few comments...

1. Practicing handbells? Why not? My DD brings her fife everywhere.... My DS12 uses the top bunk to store his bell kit and violin when we camp... and, of course, no trip is complete without sticks... (Of course, if sticks are forgotten, it's too easy to pound...ON EVERYTHING!!!!) :faceplant2:

2. The shot of the girls after the "longest day ever" is a classic one. From your photos, it was a fun-filled day! :heart:

3. It's great to hear that Disney is breaking ground for the acceptance and appreciation of the beauty of the average girl. As a middle school teacher, I have had too many unfortunate experiences with girls that become obsessed with false and unrealistic images and choose to harm themselves in the name of being accepted. Kudos to Disney! (and thanks for sharing)

Gosh, so much to comment on......

First & foremost, this TR is far from boring!!

Hector is 6'8", WOW! That is almost two feet taller than me! I hope he is never in front of me while watching a parade.

Great angles on the castle shots.

The girls are adorable, and I don't blame your youngest for only waving bye at the Princesses. That's as close as I will get to them too.

You look like you were having a great time on the teacups, and "Rocking On" in Buzz.

Not much to say about the flying tennis shoes. I always enjoy people watching at the parks, and sometimes wonder if some people had access to a mirror that morning.

Fireworks shots are so hit and miss, but good effort on getting Tinkerbell. She kind of resembles a glow worm in that shot! :rofl2:

The rvhotel business must be doing well as I have seen at least one, on my last 3 or 4 visits. I guess as long as they're paying the Fort for the site, the Fort is happy.

Frozen drinks, beer and another GAG...you are speaking my language. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for the comments!

And not only do we have frozen drinks and beer, but we also have something from La Cava de Tequila. Woo hoo!

As far as a pic of Tink's flight, I'm impressed you got the green blur. I would never be quick enough to get it! It's better to just watch and enjoy Wishes anyway!

Yes, until I figure out how to take better fireworks pics (take a tripod), I'm just going to watch them. Though I can't see me going in the park for them again very soon!

Wow. This TR is gaining momentum. Let's see if I've got it all.

Initiate great debate about tea......check

Awesome pics of the rope drop......check

Cute little ones asleep in the stroller.....check

Very insightful comment on societel perceived norms for body composition.....check

Cool pics of the Castle at night.....check

Obscure reference to hand bells.....check

Unusual shoes with wings....check

OUTSTANDING HAT WORN WILL RIDING TEA CUPS....CHECK.....DOUBLE CHECK....and an almost unprecedetned TRIPLE CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always wondered if your "Cardinal Nation" was STL or Louisville or something. Go Redbirds!!! I've been a Cardinal fan my entire life. Basically my whole family are fans, and most of them live in south central IL, though there are some in St. Charles. I lived in STL for about 6 years growing up too.

So you're in Cardinal Nation, but bleed blue? As in the Blues? As in SLU? As in the Rams? As in...something else that I'm not thinking of?

I am just :heart:ing this TR! Great photos. (and descriptive details of Hector and crew)

A few comments...

1. Practicing handbells? Why not? My DD brings her fife everywhere.... My DS12 uses the top bunk to store his bell kit and violin when we camp... and, of course, no trip is complete without sticks... (Of course, if sticks are forgotten, it's too easy to pound...ON EVERYTHING!!!!) :faceplant2:

Fife? Really? That's really cool. My daughters are obviously too young to be playing something yet, but they definitely have music in them and I'm sure will be bringing instruments along before too long! Maybe we should start the Fort marching band...

Poor little Angels, did they sleep all the way back to the Fort?

I'm glad you asked that. I totally forgot to complain about something...

When we boarded the boat to leave the MK after Wishes, the boat man told us that since it was a full load we had to fold our strollers up.

Bummer.

We were just about the last that boarded the boat.

Which meant there were no seats, so we were standing.

And Hector, my wife, and I all were now carrying sleeping children...AND the folded up strollers.

Fransesca found an empty seat and was able to hold Apple.

There was a man from another country (not sure which) who had asked us if we needed help while we were folding up the strollers and such, but we declined. He saw that my wife was now standing holding DD2 and he instisted that she take his seat next to his wife, and he stood instead.

I love the fact that WDW gets visitors from all over the world. I think it's pretty cool that people travel great distances to be there, and welcome them with open arms to come and experience WDW. However, I find that often we run into differences in cultures...specifically things like common courtesy, personal space, normal public protocol that might differ in their home countries. Of course, there are plenty of good old fashioned Americans who are some of the most rude people in the world. The difference is I think that many of the people from these other countries simply aren't used to some of our "ways," so they don't know that they are being rude some of the times. Granted, not all of them are, but sometimes I have encountered some that maybe were rude, but didn't realize it.

So the fact that this visitor to our country was INSISTING that my wife took his seat really impressed me. I wish I would have gotten the chance to talk with him and thank him after the boat ride, but didn't get to.

Now, here's where I get a little perturbed.

I was standing in the big open area between the front seats and back seats inside the boat (right next to the doors they don't use).

I was holding DD3.5 who was fast asleep.

She was heavy.

And was getting heavier by the minute.

Now, I'm a man, and I am usually the one to offer my seat to people. I believe 100% in chivalry, courtesy, and so forth. And that is not just for women. If I saw a dad holding a sleeping child, I would offer my seat to him.

Why? Because it would be the nice thing to do. If I get a chance to try to brighten someone's day or make something a little easier on them...especially while on vacation...I will.

Did anyone offer a seat to me?

No.

There was a 17-ish year old kid sitting with apparently a date and her mother, all dressed up in a suit and dress sitting right behind me in the first row of the back section. I never could figure out what they were doing. Almost looked like a prom dress. But why was the mother there? Weird.

Anyway, he could have easily been nice, impressed his girl, and offered me a seat.

No dice.

There were plenty of able bodied, youngish people who very easily could have stood so that I could have sat with DD3.5 rather than stand with her for the entire trip back.

Maybe I'm just being a whiner. Honestly, it wasn't that big of a deal, but at the time it kind of ticked me off simply because it was not easy to hold her and not fall down for the entire ride.

Okay, rant over.

Doodle, yes, they slept the entire way back. That was definitely a no pj night, as they all went straight into the beds as is!

Ok, I'm finally caught up again. I have so many things I wanted to comment on but now can't remember it all. Should have taken notes.

I know the GAG/Tea debate is over, so I won't reopen old wounds by commenting.

But GAG and beer wins. Tea sucks.

Sorry, wasn't going to do that.

Oh, and yes, Ms White is a whore.

Sorry, probably shouldn't have said that either.

Love the pics of your family. Beautiful girls!

Sounds like a ton of fun to do Disney with friends.

Yes, a lot of people are rude and they suck. But then again, most people are awesome. They are just overshadowed by the sucky ones.

Ok, I think that's it.

Okay, we need some pictures to liven this up.

Hold on to your seats, because here they come.

We're on Wednesday: Epcot

All of the girls went to Akershus for the Princess Breakfast. I don't have any pics of the girls since Apple is in all of them, but I'm sure you can imagine.

6899720739_8a9bd3ff9d.jpg

6899721251_8c71ed0e99.jpg

6899721487_14e4208115.jpg

They ate at 8:15, but the park didn't open until 9:00.

So Hector and I came for ropedrop, and immediately went back to Norway to pick up the girls' tickets so we could fastpass Soarin'.

We walked all the way back there with empty strollers (the wives couldn't handle all 3). It was fun pushing my stroller 30 feet in front of me and watching people's faces. We thought about really having fun with it (as in pushing it over fences, etc.) but we were in a hurry.

From Norway we walked (remember, I don't run for rides) back and over to Soarin' (all the way up the hill, down the stairs), got the FP's, then went all the way over to Test Track.

We were already tired.

We pretty much walked on TT, in fact no one even rode in our car with us. It was both of our first times on it, so our pictures weren't very good, and we didn't linger.

By then it was time to go BACK over to Soarin' because the girls were finished with breakfast.

We first did Nemo, which the girls really liked, then did Crush, which was pretty funny.

Then finally headed to Soarin'.

None of us had ever ridden it. DD3.5 barely made it in, as she is just now 40".

It was awesome, and everyone loved it (except for DD2 who obviously couldn't ride it).

Then we did my favorite ride in Epcot.

LIVING WITH THE LAND.

6899726667_96dda12f6f.jpg

6899727995_6004ac2dfc.jpg

6899728635_85da24bc3c.jpg

6899729045_c7d65e8f8a.jpg

6899729285_1088a44b5e.jpg

6899730331_1c8ccdd841.jpg

I know I have posted pics of The Land in my first TR, but I can't help myself. For whatever reason I really enjoy it.

By now it was around 11:00 and time to hit the World Showcase.

That meant drinks were coming.

Woo hoo.

6899732821_bc4583e70b.jpg

6899733959_90cff1f2c6.jpg

6899735137_bed6abdd26.jpg

So obviously the cold weather was now gone, and we were sweating for sure. The sun was not messing around today, and that was a good thing! We actually ran out of sunscreen (for my pasty red heads) and had to buy more.

That last pic was taken in France right next to one of the Kim Possible things. Has anyone ever done it? My wife wants to do it with our girls some day. I did read the post where it's changing to Agent P. They'll like that, because they have never seen Kim Possible anyway...nor have I.

6899735369_da8b6f82bd.jpg

Now this is what I'm talking about.

Grand Marnier Slush and Grey Goose Citron Slush.

Winning.

No, those were not both mine, but I did end up having one of each. Hector was paying for a lot of our food/drinks today because we were letting them stay with us in the TT for free, so he felt obligated to help out.

Who am I to turn down free drinks?

6899736563_6394c52e33.jpg

6899738349_6d1cbe4b6f.jpg

6899738721_0b7d7ccdf8.jpg

See how DD3.5 is hugging Jasmine?

Alladin wanted a hug too.

He got shafted.

CKCK winning.

6899740585_81e48c2288.jpg

This was DD2 during the picture fun. Typical.

Okay, here's where it gets fun. As Hector and I were waiting in line for a beer in Italy, this guy walked by:

6899741093_ee17a0e980.jpg

Are you checking out these shorts?

Hello?!? He's wearing baseball shorts.

Rocking it.

6899740881_c8db4d6419.jpg

This is amazing stuff here people.

He apparently was here for the 1985 softball convention.

Amazing.

I'm getting a pair of those soon.

6899741819_e8dd0edf05.jpg

We sat in Italy while the girls colored their Kidcot duffy the bear (don't get me started on him), drank our beer, and watched the Italian street performer. I don't have any pics, but he was pretty good.

We were all just about hitting our sun/crowd limit for the day, so we started heading out. First we stopped by the Disney Visa photo place so that we could get Hector and family a free photo with Mickey and Pluto. How nice are we?

On the way there, my wife made me run in Mexico because she has been wanting to try the Jalepeno margarita from La Cava de Tequila.

It was expensive.

But awesome.

Fresh jalepeno and cucumbers, agave nectar, tequila, orange liquer, and sweet and sour. They salted the rim with some kind of crazy salt. Hibiscus Himalayan Salt.

I'm going to try making one of my own this weekend. Wish me luck.

6899744091_66548ca603.jpg

Before we picked up the free pic we jumped on Spaceship Earth.

It stopped twice. I don't know if it was due to stupid people loading/unloading or if they were having problems.

I took these pics at one point while we were stopped.

6899744651_1d60649f8b.jpg

6899744935_62ae38c3f3.jpg

At one point I found a hidden mickey. I'm not sure exactly where, but it was on the left and I think on a table with some kind of ink or coloring items or something. I tried to get a pic but missed it.

6899745115_c0b4695520.jpg

We finally left.

When we got back to The Fort I saw this:

6899745655_b784b6f2ec.jpg

If you read my Lessons Learned TR you will remember that I commented on these types of carts.

I saw no less than 3 of these while we were there this time.

Apparently they are becoming more popular. They are definitley smaller, lighter, and easier to travel with.

But I would still be embarassed to drive one. Sorry.

We were all pretty much exhausted and just wanted to rest. No one wanted to cook or go anywhere for food.

So what to do?

GAG!!!

Woo hoo! Our second of the trip! Not only that, but we got two of them to feed all of us.

So if you're keeping score, that's:

GAG/beer: 3

Hoity Toity Tea: 1

Winning.

My wife is a little ticked at me because she said she votes tea, and that since she is one of the "K's" in CKCK, she gets a vote.

I disagree. Since the "C" comes first, and that's me, I win. If she wants a vote she'll just have to get her own screen name.

CKCK: 1

KCKC: 0

Tomorrow is a Fort day, so there will be lots of Fort pictures, a turkey traffic jam, laundry, playgrounds, and all kinds of fun.

Slushies...yum!

Free slushies....double yum!

I think I may have shafted Aladdin too, he's kind of a strange looking one. :mellow:

Not sure about the jalapeno margarita?! Is it hot? Your wife doesn't look happy with it, or is it because you were taking her picture?

GAG/BEER...WINNING! :jumpforjoy

• I love Living with the Land! It is an absolute MUST for us. I can almost smell the ride looking at the photos. Ahhhhhhhh!!!

• Deciding between a Grand Marnier Slush or Grey Goose Citron Slush is always a tough decision for me.

• Alladin creeped my DD out when she was little. I think it was a combination of his sweeping poof of hair and funny shoes that kept her at a distance.

• I'm a big fan of spicy hot stuff...but in a drink? Not so sure....

I'm ready for more TR posts 'n pics!

:suspense:

Fife? Really? That's really cool. My daughters are obviously too young to be playing something yet, but they definitely have music in them and I'm sure will be bringing instruments along before too long! Maybe we should start the Fort marching band...

(Sorry) Tiny, tiny hijack for a moment, since you are a music fan... (and I'm a proud mama) ;D

Here's a quick youtube video of my DD and her Fifin' n Drummin' pals at "Freezer Jam" last week... (Keep in mind, these kids range from 12-18 in age)

My daughter is the fifer on the far right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp9Bh2-u-Hs

First, I love your writing style. Your humor and whit is awesome.

Second, we watched the flag retreat ceremony back in Sept and wondered why we had never doneit before. It was awesome.

Third and most important - your girls are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Finally....ready for more!!!

And I am gonna share your vent about folks not giving up their seats on busses to children or parents holding children.

That BURNS ME UP.

I mentioned this once on that other board and got FLAMED for like 23 pages of responses.

"You can't always see a disability"

"Don't be so judgmental"

"Stand your lazy a$$ up and make your child do the same"

I vowed I would NEVER broach this topic again after that.

But since you did, CKCK, I will take a moment here.

When your teenage son is texting away on his cell phone and my 7 year old daughter is standing up right in front of him, holding MY LEGS because she isn't tall enough to reach the top bar or close enough to reach the vertical one, come on. MAN UP. Teach your son some manners. Teach him how to treat other people. Give up your seat for a child. Who do you think is safer standing? Oh, wait....that requires you thinking of someone other than yourself. And when the bus driver hits a bump and my daughter falls into you and causes you to mistype your text - DON'T SHOOT HER DIRTY LOOKS. If you'd be a man and give her your seat, that wouldn't be an issue.

And if I am holding a 50 pound child who is sleeping and sit on the stair/floor because she is dead weight when she's sleeping and no one will give up their seat...really?? And you look at her and go "aww....they're so cute when they're sleeping".

Don't give ME your seat. I am 39 years old and have no issues standing. But give it to a child IF you can. It is much safer for them. Show that generation that chivalry isn't dead. Show them that your mama taught you manners.

Ok....off my :soapbox:

Have I mentioned how nice it is to have a place to discuss these things where I won't get flamed???

(Sorry) Tiny, tiny hijack for a moment, since you are a music fan... (and I'm a proud mama) ;D

Here's a quick youtube video of my DD and her Fifin' n Drummin' pals at "Freezer Jam" last week... (Keep in mind, these kids range from 12-18 in age)

My daughter is the fifer on the far right.

How cool was that? Thanks for posting that! I didn't realize those even existed for young musicians. Super cool.

By the way, I'm nosy and wondered where that was being held, so through my powers of deduction and Google, I figured out that it was in St. Charles! Do you live there, or near there? I used to live in St. Louis, have family that live in St. Charles, and have tons of family across in the river in central IL.

Slushies...yum!

Free slushies....double yum!

I think I may have shafted Aladdin too, he's kind of a strange looking one. :mellow:

Not sure about the jalapeno margarita?! Is it hot? Your wife doesn't look happy with it, or is it because you were taking her picture?

GAG/BEER...WINNING! :jumpforjoy

The jalepeno margarita was awesome. They use fresh jalepenos but with no seeds. The bartender told me if they left the seeds in you wouldn't be able to drink it. It was just the right amount of kick from the spice, and the cucumber kind of mellowed it out.

My wife was happy, but for some reason never looks happy when I look at her.

I can't figure it out...

First, I love your writing style. Your humor and whit is awesome.

Second, we watched the flag retreat ceremony back in Sept and wondered why we had never doneit before. It was awesome.

Third and most important - your girls are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Finally....ready for more!!!

First, Thanks!

Second, Glad you agree.

Third, Thanks a lot!

Finally...Will get on it soon!

And I am gonna share your vent about folks not giving up their seats on busses to children or parents holding children.

That BURNS ME UP.

I mentioned this once on that other board and got FLAMED for like 23 pages of responses.

"You can't always see a disability"

"Don't be so judgmental"

"Stand your lazy a$$ up and make your child do the same"

I vowed I would NEVER broach this topic again after that.

But since you did, CKCK, I will take a moment here.

When your teenage son is texting away on his cell phone and my 7 year old daughter is standing up right in front of him, holding MY LEGS because she isn't tall enough to reach the top bar or close enough to reach the vertical one, come on. MAN UP. Teach your son some manners. Teach him how to treat other people. Give up your seat for a child. Who do you think is safer standing? Oh, wait....that requires you thinking of someone other than yourself. And when the bus driver hits a bump and my daughter falls into you and causes you to mistype your text - DON'T SHOOT HER DIRTY LOOKS. If you'd be a man and give her your seat, that wouldn't be an issue.

And if I am holding a 50 pound child who is sleeping and sit on the stair/floor because she is dead weight when she's sleeping and no one will give up their seat...really?? And you look at her and go "aww....they're so cute when they're sleeping".

Don't give ME your seat. I am 39 years old and have no issues standing. But give it to a child IF you can. It is much safer for them. Show that generation that chivalry isn't dead. Show them that your mama taught you manners.

Ok....off my :soapbox:

Have I mentioned how nice it is to have a place to discuss these things where I won't get flamed???

Now that you mention it I think I remember that thread from "over there." Ridiculous. It's just a simple courteous, do unto others, try to make others happy and help them out thing to me.

See, even though it's hard for me to see past the tech thing, I still can't help but like you! Thanks for joining the soap box!!!

Do we even have flames here?

Love the TR CKCK!!!

Thanks!

Do you live there, or near there? I used to live in St. Louis, have family that live in St. Charles, and have tons of family across in the river in central IL.

We live in Michigan. This year's Freezer Jam was hosted by another corps from the St. Louis area. My DD traveled with her Corps for a whilrwind weekend to attend this year. (over 10 hours away) She did return with WONDERFUL pictures of St. Louis and the surrounding area.

Do we even have flames here?

Yes, but just on the Debate forum where it belongs. The faint of heart should stay away from there.

If I read TRs, I guess I would read this one, but as usual, I can't be bothered. I have my ping-pong ball collection to organize.

And what's up with CKCK without an AKA after it? I hate insulting screen names.

And as far as Hector goes, what, there's only one ugly guy with whatever his real first name is?

Are you both in the witness protection program or something?

At least you don't have the obligatory pics of the EWP, but they can't be too far behind?

Your little girls are real cuties. Good thing they get their looks from their cute mom.

Thanks for calling yourself a dork.

Not that it means anything, but we are the parents of two former long, long, time Drum Corp kids. No wimpy Clarinets or Trombones for us. One is still in it as an instructor and is sought after by the major big corps.

Anyway, the very little that I glanced at of this TR is very good, I guess.......so far.

And how dare you not be at your site when I stopped by to harass you.

Ok fiends, let's get this going!!!!!!!!!!!

I have two homemade jalepeno margaritas in me and I'm ready to trip report! Reporting on a trip.

Btw, the margaritas turned out great. I didn't measure anything, just kind of winged it. But to review:

Thow some jalepeno slices (no seeds), cucumber, lime (about half a lime-juiced, then throw in for the muddling party), and some squirts of agave nectar (the light kind) in a glass.

Muddle that bad boy up.

Add ice, tequila, orange liquer, and sweet and sour.

Shake that bad boy like you mean it.

Personally, I like to strain in because I don't like junk in my drink, but you might like to leave it.

Pour over ice and, garnish with a little jalepeno, and drink that bad boy.

This is what it looks like in the CKCK house:

6783492672_7cb8915902.jpg

My wife apparently has a sissy mouth and thought they were a little spicy. I didn't think they were spicy enough. You'll just have to experiment to figure out what works for you.

Okay, now that we have the drinks out of the way, let us move on.

Today is Thursday, aka Fort Day.

I'll have you know that we were scheduled to be leaving on Thursday.

Wednesday night we were sitting at the TT after two days of hardcore parking, and I thought to myself, "CKCK, you don't want to go home tomorrow."

So we didn't.

We just stayed another night.

I didn't even tell the Fort.

We just didn't leave.

When the CM came by to check the site, I told him he could check something else, and to get off of my fortin' site.

He didn't like my attitude, so we got into a little bit of a skirmish.

I beat the mess out of him, and we got to stay an extra night for free.

Okay, that didn't happen.

We actually we paid for an extra night at the new HOLIDAY rate (booooooo). I think we paid nearly $40 more for that night than we did for the other nights.

Oh well, it was worth it because we were tired and didn't want to go home tired.

And you win too, because I got lots of Fort pics.

I honestly don't even remember everthing that we did. I do know that DW took DD3.5 back to the MK to meet Tinkerbell and the Fairy Godmother.

6899763773_18cc34948b.jpg

6899763337_d22c063860.jpg

6899764151_063d90d4d8.jpg

She also met a bonus fairy. I don't know her name. I kind of feel bad for the people that play the "bonus" characters, because no one knows them and you know they aren't as excited to meet them. Kind of like that cat from Aristocats. The girls met her in France in Epcot, and people were asking the CM next to her who she was. We didn't know either.

While they were in the MK, DD2 and I had some chores to do. First, we had to loop. Duh. We looped like we had never looped before. I'm pretty sure we looped in almost all of the camping loops.

Apparently Thursday was moving day, because it seemed like EVERYONE was leaving. Probably to avoid the holiday rates that we were going to be paying.

I didn't blame them, but I was happy we were staying.

We saw this going down by the tennis courts.

6899746091_32df389e71.jpg

I could make a comment about that truck, but I'm not going to.

This truck was also there:

6899746281_ae8a18e04e.jpg

Here's my question: Why was the Fort hiring outside contractors to do their landscaping? They weren't doing anything crazy, basically just putting out pinestraw.

Kind of like the brown painter guy that TCD talks about, wouldn't you think they had a pine straw guy too?

SPEAKING OF...

I saw a brown painter guy in Fantasyland on Tuesday. I should have snapped a pic, but we were in a hurry to get somewhere and I couldn't stop. I wonder if it was the same painter from the Fort.

6899746765_55f515efc7.jpg

6899747255_7b407deb3d.jpg

You can see the water is pretty low still.

I would have taken a picture of bear rock, but darn it anyway, I didn't know which one it was.

6899747747_29e5d889b3.jpg

6899748369_b561334a0e.jpg

I hope I'm never on the 600 loop, because it does not look fun to be baking in the sun all day.

6899748837_d5c5a46fc4.jpg

The 1700 loop was pretty empty. Probably everyone leaving because they heard about the WWW coming in.

On a side note, later that day while looping we came across Carol setting up her T@B and campsite getting ready for everyone.

If you're reading Carol, it was great meeting you!

I might add, that she told us about her having to leave the Fort because of work, but she was still there setting up camp for the other women fiends coming in!

HOW COOL IS THAT?

This is in the 1800 loop, site 1825:

6899749283_6d690f4f23.jpg

Does anyone know these people? Obviously they are always there because they have a sign hanging on their site that says "Site 1825." They were there when we were in the 1800's in October AND November, and were still there in February. I think they are the ones with two GIGANTOR dogs.

I love their rv.

Check this rig out in the 1600 loop:

6899750037_6207b0e64a.jpg

Not only do they have the TT, but their van has a pop up roof.

Okay, besides looping we also had laundry to do.

To get into a bit of a gross subject, DD2 had slept the night in our bed to make room for Hector, Fransecsa, and Apple.

Well, her diaper leaked.

Soooooooo...we had some laundry to do.

I had never done laundry at the Fort, so I was kind of excited.

It turned out that it wasn't that exciting.

6899750221_1db8a2ca43.jpg

I dig the old sink, though the new paper towel dispenser kind of ruins the feel.

It would be better if they had one of those old school towel things that you pull down the towel, and as you pull it down it's pulled back up into the machine on a loop.

How gross were those?!?!?

6899750381_ed1fab1ab4.jpg

6899750559_9cb57a376a.jpg

Where the heck is the house phone?

6899750969_742bd5d68b.jpg

6899751145_5f5483a86e.jpg

This is in the laundry room:

6899751395_e4c1e91778.jpg

WHO IN THE NAME OF THE FORT IS PAYING $2.75 FOR A COKE OUT OF A MACHINE?!?!?!?!?

If you are one of them, I have a bone to pick with you, because that's ridiculous. You are just contributing to the madness.

Imagine if you bought 6 of them. That would be $16.50.

Would you pay $16.50 for a six pack of coke?

NO!

Would you pay $16.50 for a six pack of beer?

NO!

I just paid $9.99 for a six back of beer today and that was extremely difficult for me!

Then why the heck are you paying that price for one Coke?!?!?!?

If everyone stops paying ridiculous prices for things that they can get cheaper elsewhere, then the ridiculous prices will go away! Either that, or the ridiculously priced Coke machines will go away.

6899751829_996d7af9b7.jpg

Apparently the Restoration Specialists of Florida had been at the Settlement as well.

After we finished laundry the wife and DD3.5 returned from their excursion in time for lunch and naps.

DD3.5 got to pick out a souveneir for her sister and herself.

They each got one of these:

6899762833_8274894e08.jpg

You would not believe the amount of fun that two little girls could have with a parasol (aka frilly umbrella). This morning DD3.5 was trying to do "Singin' in the Rain" with it.

Okay, when she goes to bed I do it too.

After naps we hit some more playgrounds, had a turkey encounter, and horse encounter.

Then we'll wrap this thing up! I have family coming into town tomorrow, so if I don't get it finished tonight we may never finish!

Going to make more margaritas!!!

Woo hoo!

Well I will have to side with Cherie here, the afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian was just the best. I enjoyed it much more than a GAG, come on fried chicken, limpy fries and beans that keep giving back long after eating. The tea was so good, wish I could afford it everyday (found it online, wow $). The finger sandwiches were really good, although small (small is not in my vocabulary) and the desserts, well desserts are in my vocabulary. I am currently anticipating the next birthday tea, with a new purple hat. It was so much fun.

I'm asking a question for my wife here, but because I disagree with the question I'm writing it smaller in hopes that no one notices...

She was wondering where you found the tea online, because as a tea fan, she is a little obsessed right now.

I'm hoping it will be too much money.

Thanks for your help in keeping my wife happy with me!