From the Disney Food Blog. I know how many Fiends here feel about Tonga Toast, but what other counter service breakfasts are your favorites?

My Three Favorite Disney World Counter-Service Breakfasts

Feb 20th, 2012 by AJ.

Let’s admit it — most of us don’t have time to grab a long, leisurely breakfast when we’re in Disney World. Usually it’s up-and-at-’em, throw some clothes on, grab the kids, and get over to rope drop for the park of the day!

But sometimes I like to take a few minutes to grab a classic Disney counter-service breakfast, and when that happens, these are my go-to options! I’d love to hear your favorite counter-service breakfasts — share your top choices in the comments section below!

Tonga Toast

This is one case where you can get one of the very best menu items at a table-service restaurant…but fast! Disney’s Polynesian Resort’s Tonga Toast is an icon of Disney food — sweet bananas all wrapped up in thick french toast and covered in cinnamon and sugar!

Tonga-Toast-500x333.jpg

Disney's Polynesian Resort Tonga Toast

It’s an amazing treat, and you can get it for cheap at the Polynesian’s Captain Cook’s Snack Company counter-service restaurant. Only available in the mornings, it’s a great way to start your day!

Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Roll

You’d think that you would be able to eat a cinnamon roll on the go, but not one of these! The monstrous breakfast rolls are truly out of this world, and anyone who knows me knows that I’ll always ask for the extra scoop of frosting on top!

Cinnamon-Roll-500x435.jpg

Disney World Cinnamon Roll

Stop into the Main Street Bakery in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom for this awesome treat! Check out my review of other delicious Main Street Bakery breakfast items here!

Pop Century Waffle

My heart is torn between the fabulous Mickey Waffles that you can get at many counter-service locations for breakfast, and this one-of-a-kind Pop Century waffle!

Sheer uniqueness wins this time, as you really can’t get this anywhere but Disney’s Pop Century Resort! Served with strawberries on top, this is more of a dessert than a breakfast, but that seems to be the theme here, doesn’t it? icon_wink.gif Light, fluffy, and delicious — this will fill you up without weighing you down.

Pop-Waffle-with-strawberries-500x333.jpg

Strawberry Sauced Pop Century Waffle

If Protein’s Your Thing…

I agree that one cannot live on sugar alone, so I do have a protein-y runner-up in the counter-service breakfast race! I do love the simple breakfast platters served around Disney parks and resorts, but this croissant breakfast sandwich is quite amazing! You’ll find this one at the Main Street Bakery, too!

Ham-and-Cheese-Croissant-500x321.jpg

Ham, Egg, and Cheese Croissant Sandwich at Main Street Bakery

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/02/20/my-three-favorite-disney-world-counter-service-breakfasts/

But, the wilderness waffles at Roaring Forks might just be my new favorite after our last trip. Oh my, those things are incredible!

What are these "wilderness waffles" you speak of and what makes them so special??

I keep saying we should get out butts out of bed for at least one good breakfast while we're at the Fort, but I don't want to have to drive or do the "planes, trains, and automobiles" route to get there. A quick boat ride to WL is definitely doable!

Call me a southerner but I'm a biscuit and gravy guy but my DD has to have her Mickey waffles or Mickey pancakes with fresh fruit. It's not a Disney morning for her without one or the other. But I'm looking forward to the sticky buns at TRails end takeout breakfast.

But I'm looking forward to the sticky buns at TRails end takeout breakfast.

Save your $$ and go for the cinnamon rolls in MK.

I found the sticky buns at TR to be quite dry tasting.

But I will tell you that the breakfast sandwiches which just became available for takeout in the mornings at Trail's End are very good.

Yes, I agree...very yummy! :)

I am the first to criticize the food choices available at WDW.

But I will tell you that the breakfast sandwiches which just became available for takeout in the mornings at Trail's End are very good.

TCD

They were really good loved the potatoes