Wow, is all I can say.

The article says that they don't expect these to be the primary residences of the people who buy here. More likely it will be their second or third home.

Wow.

The thing I find interesting, and I've mentioned it before, is that when this development was announced, the information provided was that the land was sold to a third party developer, and would be developed indepently of the Disney company. Now, this is clearly being marketed as being a part of Walt Disney World, all the way down to including park admission with the purchase price. Smart, but a massive shift from where this started out.

I think ultimately this will be a big success for Disney, as there are definitely people who can afford this type of extravagance. I still say that if Walt was buried in a grave, he would be rolling over in it.

TCD

I agree, Rita.

The article suggests that the "no short term rental" clause was to prevent the not super wealthy 2nd/3rd home people thinking they could purchase the home as an "investment" and then rent it out regularly to random people to recoop their $.

I could definitely see people doing that - in fact you could make quite a snazzy little business for yourself in the "luxury Disney rental" business. Sounds like Disney thought of that and wanted to make sure the community was definitely "owner based" and not just another transient rental community where people are likely to not treat the place as well because they're just there for a short time and it's not theirs.

TCD,

I remember mentioning that. I went back to the annual reports and noted no changes in acreage owned at WDW by Disney.

Just throwing this out there to ponder, but if Disney did truely sell acreage wouldn't they risk losing control of that property. And also risk there inherit control of RCD?